Inside Out (Pixar)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Um, it was three seasons and it was awesome. :D

:) Just joshin ya!

Hey atleast now if I ever watch it I can be like; hey they stole this from Inside Out! Classic Terminator situation. Time travel. Etc.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what everyone saw in this with the initial reviews. I saw it on Father's Day and thought it was above average as a movie, but far from competing for the "Greatest Pixar Movie" label.

Completely agree. So many other Pixar films that I thought were better and better balanced for audiences.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I still don't get the Herman's Head comparisons. Sure, it takes place in some person's head, but beyond that...

As I stated before, it was the "this is so original" b.s. when they obviously lifted the idea from a 90's TV show. Leave the word "original" out, and I will agree it is a decent movie. Not great, IMHO.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
As I stated before, it was the "this is so original" b.s. when they obviously lifted the idea from a 90's TV show. Leave the word "original" out, and I will agree it is a decent movie. Not great, IMHO.

Oh boo hoo. ;)

If it takes something that little to turn you off from the movie, why even go in the first place?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
See I thought Toy story and a bunch of other Pixar Movies were extremely overrated. Although I did cry like a baby in Toy Story 3 lol.

I'm happy because even the negative reviews here confirmed what I loved about this movie. It was subtle, they used a light touch. Ususally Disney/Pixar feels the need to drive the moral of the story home with a sledge hammer, and here they didn't do that.

I thought this was complex and warm and very well done and, clearly, not for everyone. But that's ok. My girls are 11 and 8 and this is the first movie in a long time that they immediately asked to go see again right away. There comes a point in every kids life where emotions and memories stop being simple and everything gets complicated. Its confusing, frustrating and difficult. This movie captured that perfectly and gave everyone an idea of how to get through times like that.

I told my daugters, it's like when I think of them as babies or see their baby pictures. They are good memories, perfect memories that make me so happy, but they are also kindof sad because those babies are gone, and they're never coming back. My girls just keep getting older and its scary.

That's what I saw in this film

And whoever is making or choosing or deciding on these shorts needs a raise because they just keep getting better and better. I LAVA the short before this film. :)

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Oh boo hoo. ;)

If it takes something that little to turn you off from the movie, why even go in the first place?

Because it's Pixar and I love their movies. Why do I have to stay home just because I recognized where they lifted "original" premise from? :)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And whoever is making or choosing or deciding on these shorts needs a raise because they just keep getting better and better. I LAVA the short before this film. :)

Totally agree. That short was excellent.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is possibly my favorite Pixar film, and I can't wait to watch it a second time. Pixar is the best at storycraft, and this really outdid everything. We saw it a couple of months back, but it sticks...hard. As a parent, it's amazing because you've lived through every scene in this. If you've moved schools, etc...you have felt it. Love the islands...love the way they frame Riley's mind so well. Not just the emotions (sorry Herman's Head guys..lightly similar there) but the structure of it all. Silly Island is definitely a place in one of my kids minds...it's where she loves to be. I'm fascinated by temperaments and personality traits with me, my wife and kids, and this was just a suck deep into that world. It was wonderful.

Voice acting was superb, but the feels were all over that damn show. The theater was dusty as hell, I was cutting onions and my contacts were bugging me because of allergies, plus it was raining on my face.

And LAVA at the start was amazing...and perfectly selected to already get you in the damn emotional mindset to watch the film.

Sigh, Pixar. You freaking story warlocks.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just didn't stand out to me or to my daughter or my niece either. Both are crazy over the latest Disney Animation and Pixar films. They both usually go crazy over the merchandise for MONTHS after one of these releases. Not one of them has asked for a toy between them. Not to mention that we had seen the trailer again the other day....I asked my daughter if she wants the movie and she said "maybe next time".

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It just didn't stand out to me or to my daughter or my niece either. Both are crazy over the latest Disney Animation and Pixar films. They both usually go crazy over the merchandise for MONTHS after one of these releases. Not one of them has asked for a toy between them. Not to mention that we had seen the trailer again the other day....I asked my daughter if she wants the movie and she said "maybe next time".

Nor have my kids. It was ok, nothing special like Frozen or even the Planes Fire Rescue. It wasn't a WOW type movie for the family and I.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nor have my kids. It was ok, nothing special like Frozen or even the Planes Fire Rescue. It wasn't a WOW type movie for the family and I.

My kids couldn't even remember the name of it for a bit when we talked about movies we had seen this summer a couple of days ago. Totally forgettable. I barely remember what the plot was.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I think you posted in the wrong thread. Planes Fire Rescue BETTER than Inside Out? :p

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Everyone in my family loved this. Daughter teared up a bit and it definitely stirs emotions..... Still talk about what emotions you are at any time

Tons of teachers and students dressed up from the movie for Disney day this week

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know how anyone couldn't be moved by Bing-Bong.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, Us too. My girls both loved it. I knew some people wouldn't like it, but the way the haters keep beating a dead horse on this movie is kindof perplexing.

Well done Pixar!

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you posted in the wrong thread. Planes Fire Rescue BETTER than Inside Out? :p

Yep. I think Fire Rescue was better. I like Inside out, but I think Fire Rescue was more entertaining.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That's like saying Monsters University and Cars 2 were better than their originals... :D

MU was just as good as the original and and true, Cars 2 wasn't as good as Cars 1.

If I had to choose between Monsters Inc and Monsters University to watch tonight, I would choose MU.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always thought despite some awesome characters, the original Cars was good but not great. So, I am not a fan of Cars 2. I thought MU was great but not a fan of Fire and Rescue. Thought it was crap.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I always thought despite some awesome characters, the original Cars was good but not great. So, I am not a fan of Cars 2. I thought MU was great but not a fan of Fire and Rescue. Thought it was crap.

I liked FR. What did you think of Wall-E?