Injuries have decimated Cardinals this year.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Okay. But we looked like crap before the injuries started piling up.
This 100%… even our healthy starters in the trenches on both sides of the ball are back end of the league. Combine that with the coaching on both sides of the ball nearly all of us have been complaining about and you have a crappy team.

Pretty much the only positions I have been surprised about is cornerback. Not because they have been good - they just haven’t been vomit. I really thought this crew would be one of the worse we’ve seen in league history but they haven’t been the worse I’ve seen. Not good by any means!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Even mentioning injuries is hilarious, especially when you consistently bring in injury risk players via FA and the draft. Shocking that a guy like Rondale can't stay healthy, right?

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Rams are also another team which is suffering now being top heavy and not having enough depth

Yes, Rams have been decimated by injuries as well. Quite a few on the offensive line also.

Depth is nice, but not much you can do when the backups also get hurt and you are signing guys who were sitting on their couch recently.

Plus its just reality that for most teams the difference in talent between starters and backups for many positions is very significant.

However, our woeful off-season after looking like one of the worst teams in the league during they final 1/3 of last season pretty much decimated the Cardinals before the season even began.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Titans have 2nd most injuries and games lost this year and are 7-4, 1st in their division and always plays hard.

They had a rash of injuries last year, including their most important player with their all world RB the entire offense revolves around… and were the 1 seed in the AFC.

Injuries are nothing more than an excuse. Everyone’s got them and they all smell like crap.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems like we have this excuse every year. Again, it comes back to the question: Is the GM signing injury prone players or is our strength & conditioning program suspect?
Obviously, some of the one's are unavoidable (Ertz, Hollywood). But lots are soft tissue.
Our GM sucks at drafting, signs injured players cheap & also expensive. We are the Cardinals & also have bad luck, can't catch a break it seems. The only thing Keim is good at is making trades.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are putrid in the draft so our depth is made of veterans and castaways.

It's not surprising that those dudes have a harder time staying healthy and it makes injuries to our actual talent that much more painful.

It's not bad luck.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Name one player that couldn't pass a physical that KEIM signed.

Instead of filling holes with guys in their early/mid 20s, guys we drafted, we annually, bring in dudes that are 30 and up, who have been dumped by their former team or put on the trade market.

Older players are inherently more injury prone. We're the 2nd oldest team in the league, only the Bucs are older and their QB being 65 probably skews that number a bit.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Instead of filling holes with guys in their early/mid 20s, guys we drafted, we annually, bring in dudes that are 30 and up, who have been dumped by their former team or put on the trade market.

Older players are inherently more injury prone. We're the 2nd oldest team in the league, only the Bucs are older and their QB being 65 probably skews that number a bit.

And the ages of our punter and kicker skew ours.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Titans have 2nd most injuries and games lost this year and are 7-4, 1st in their division and always plays hard.

They had a rash of injuries last year, including their most important player with their all world RB the entire offense revolves around… and were the 1 seed in the AFC.

Injuries are nothing more than an excuse. Everyone’s got them and they all smell like crap.

The Titans have won one game against teams with a winning record and that one is the Commanders. There other 6 are against bad teams.

Their wins are against the Colts (Twice) who have been terrible. The Texans. The Broncos. The Packers, and the Raiders.

Had we played the Colts, Texans, Packers and Broncos I'd fancy our chances.

That's not to say you don't have a point to a degree but I don't think the Titans are a great example.

On saying that, there is a limit to how much injury any team can take. You look at the teams with the most talent on IR and they are a perfect match to the teams who have most under performed expectations.

Rams, Broncos, Chargers, Cardinals, Browns

Plus add in Hops 6 game suspension which isn't counted.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This is overblown

Budda, Jalen, Murphy, Collins, Simmons, Mullen, Wilson, Allen, Fotu, Lawrence all start or play heavily on defense and are 26 or under. Some way under. And there is Thomas and Sanders coming through.

Kyler, Hollywood, Jones, Smith, Rondale all 25 or under on offense.

It's mainly our O line and a few pieces like Prater, Lee, Watt and AJ Green throwing it off.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Titans have won one game against teams with a winning record and that one is the Commanders. There other 6 are against bad teams.

Their wins are against the Colts (Twice) who have been terrible. The Texans. The Broncos. The Packers, and the Raiders.

Had we played the Colts, Texans, Packers and Broncos I'd fancy our chances.

That's not to say you don't have a point to a degree but I don't think the Titans are a great example.

On saying that, there is a limit to how much injury any team can take. You look at the teams with the most talent on IR and they are a perfect match to the teams who have most under performed expectations.

Rams, Broncos, Chargers, Cardinals, Browns

Plus add in Hops 6 game suspension which isn't counted.
I’d bet the jackpot Keim will be preaching this to Bidwill at the end of the season to save his job. Bidwill will obviously & foolishly believe it & keep Keim on board.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d bet the jackpot Keim will be preaching this to Bidwill at the end of the season to save his job. Bidwill will obviously & foolishly believe it & keep Keim on board.
Yeah. Then we miss out on the Payton sweepstakes. VJ fired as scapegoat. Keim and KK, or ar minimum KK and others will be eventually fired in another couple years or so, after we figure out it won't work.

By then we wasted more of Kyler's prime and the next regime, if it's even respectable at all, will come into a flaming hot mess for a semi rebuild.

Eventually we move on from Kyler who finds moderate success elsewhere, then we enter a new regime stating over with an endless QB search. Our next best QB is drafted in 2052.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

Cards are far from leading the league.
by the measures in the link: they consistently end up in the top 5 or 6.

I think the sportrac measurement of cap $ is a good one as it is a decent proxy for the quality of the player who was injured. Cards are 4th injured

and just to demonstrate how nerdy i am -- here is the $ lost data from the link above for all 32 teams, with their total wins through yesterday.

The red line is the fit of the data --- and it shows that generally, the more you lose salary dollars to injury, it costs you in wins.

Wish i could do the fancy Football Outsiders things where each dot is a team logo, but oh well.

important to note: I am not saying that this is the only problem the Cardinals have. I am saying it probably has cost them a win or two.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He doesn't have to preach anything to Bidwill cause they're best buds, he ain't going anywhere & that sucks. He caused this mess & needs to go. I'll believe it when I see it.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah. Then we miss out on the Payton sweepstakes. VJ fired as scapegoat. Keim and KK, or ar minimum KK and others will be eventually fired in another couple years or so, after we figure out it won't work.

By then we wasted more of Kyler's prime and the next regime, if it's even respectable at all, will come into a flaming hot mess for a semi rebuild.

Eventually we move on from Kyler who finds moderate success elsewhere, then we enter a new regime stating over with an endless QB search. Our next best QB is drafted in 2052.
Optimistic view on this. This year we have been awful but still have been in most games. The reality in the NFL is that a few plays each game are the difference between victory and defeat and we aren't as far away as we seem. We need healthy players on the OL and DL to win.

If Vance is the scapegoat then I'd be excited to hire Vic Fangio. Our defense right now is the second worst in the league in terms of points per game allowed and it seems to confuse our own players more than opposing QBs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose