Injuries have decimated Cardinals this year.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Optimistic view on this. This year we have been awful but still have been in most games. The reality in the NFL is that a few plays each game are the difference between victory and defeat and we aren't as far away as we seem. We need healthy players on the OL and DL to win.

If Vance is the scapegoat then I'd be excited to hire Vic Fangio. Our defense right now is the second worst in the league in terms of points per game allowed and it seems to confuse our own players more than opposing QBs.

We've had two of the most epic late season collapses on any recent memory, across the league. We have been in some games this year, but so do bad teans every year. We are already in year 4 of this science project, while Keim counts his "get out of jail free" cards.

Cardinals are going the wrong direction. They made the right move drafting another QB after the Rosen experiment, but they are hanging on to this too hard. Injuries are always an issue, but there's something much worse hanging over the team.

This is a loser franchise and a loser owner. If he cared about wimning then he needs to clean house, try again, and strike while the iron is hot during Kyler's prime. If you expect this team wil get over the hump next year, I got some oceanfront property on the moon to sell you.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Optimistic view on this. This year we have been awful but still have been in most games. The reality in the NFL is that a few plays each game are the difference between victory and defeat and we aren't as far away as we seem. We need healthy players on the OL and DL to win.

If Vance is the scapegoat then I'd be excited to hire Vic Fangio. Our defense right now is the second worst in the league in terms of points per game allowed and it seems to confuse our own players more than opposing QBs.
man... after a debacle of a season like this, if they only scapegoat the Black Defensive Coordinator and that's the only change made, the team already accused of racist behavior towards Black coaches will look even worse than they already do overall.

and you can bet your ass that angle will be covered. and to be honest, seeing how they've rewarded the unbelievable failure of Keim/Kliff, they'd have a good argument.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We've had two of the most epic late season collapses on any recent memory, across the league. We have been in some games this year, but so do bad teans every year. We are already in year 4 of this science project, while Keim counts his "get out of jail free" cards.

Cardinals are going the wrong direction. They made the right move drafting another QB after the Rosen experiment, but they are hanging on to this too hard. Injuries are always an issue, but there's something much worse hanging over the team.

This is a loser franchise and a loser owner. If he cared about wimning then he needs to clean house, try again, and strike while the iron is hot during Kyler's prime. If you expect this team wil get over the hump next year, I got some oceanfront property on the moon to sell you.
I really hate the clean house mentality. Even if Kliff had more pedigree people would still being calling for his head in a year like this because thats what happens to every headcoach when the team isn't living up to expectations. Every single time, no matter the situation and its just dumb. There's so many more variables than just the coaching staff and progress is never linear in competitive sports. After our offseason most fans thought our roster was subpar and would struggle against a tough schedule. That was before we lost our 4/5 OL and our main backup OL plus the majority of our wide receivers and running backs. Now most people would think that roster construction and injury luck would be to blame right? Nope. Its the coaching staff. The inability of our line to get a push is because our coaches suck. Its ALWAYS the headcoaches fault unless he wins a superbowl/makes a championship game, then the blame shifts to one of the coordinators. Every loss or disappointing season is because coordinator X is HORRENDOUS and the headcoach is a fool for keeping him around. Ignore everything else, everything will be solved by firing the coaching staff.

You're also downplaying injuries. Injuries are huge and are the reason why Kyle Shanahan is only a single game over .500 in his career. 49ers fans have wanted him gone multiple times in his three losing seasons. Matt Lefleur's first 3 seasons he was 13-3 and looked like a coaching god and this season he is 5-8 and some fans want to clean house. They lost key players in free agency and frankly their star QB isn't looking for very good. All of a sudden the god coach is a chump. For years Seahawks fans thought Pete Carrol was a washed up hack who coasted on legion of boom and held back Russel Wilson from finding his true potential. Now that Pete is winning and Wilson is horrible Pete is back to being a god. Eagles fans thought Andy Reid was washed because he never won the big game and had one bad season.

I'm not particularly attached to Kliffy and think we could do fine with new coaches. Maybe it is his lack of rah-rah attitude that holds this team back. I think his offense is sound and works when the OL isn't dependent on Cody Ford and Billy Price. I think Kyler isn't elite yet and this roster wouldn't have won a Superbowl in any of the past 4 years no matter who the coach was. I think Vance Joseph's defense gives up easy first downs and I don't like watching it. Based on that, if we only replace the defensive coordinator I would think we would have a better team next year. How good we are next year mainly rests on off season signings and the draft. A new coaching staff is the easiest way to hype a fanbase but I don't think our bad season is squarely on the coaches. If we don't fire Kliff I will still be hopeful that we can have a fun season next year.

Despite all this relatively pro-Kliff rhetoric, if Sean Payton is willing to come here Bidwill needs to do whatever it takes to get him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I really hate the clean house mentality. Even if Kliff had more pedigree people would still being calling for his head in a year like this because thats what happens to every headcoach when the team isn't living up to expectations. Every single time, no matter the situation and its just dumb. There's so many more variables than just the coaching staff and progress is never linear in competitive sports. After our offseason most fans thought our roster was subpar and would struggle against a tough schedule. That was before we lost our 4/5 OL and our main backup OL plus the majority of our wide receivers and running backs. Now most people would think that roster construction and injury luck would be to blame right? Nope. Its the coaching staff. The inability of our line to get a push is because our coaches suck. Its ALWAYS the headcoaches fault unless he wins a superbowl/makes a championship game, then the blame shifts to one of the coordinators. Every loss or disappointing season is because coordinator X is HORRENDOUS and the headcoach is a fool for keeping him around. Ignore everything else, everything will be solved by firing the coaching staff.

You're also downplaying injuries. Injuries are huge and are the reason why Kyle Shanahan is only a single game over .500 in his career. 49ers fans have wanted him gone multiple times in his three losing seasons. Matt Lefleur's first 3 seasons he was 13-3 and looked like a coaching god and this season he is 5-8 and some fans want to clean house. They lost key players in free agency and frankly their star QB isn't looking for very good. All of a sudden the god coach is a chump. For years Seahawks fans thought Pete Carrol was a washed up hack who coasted on legion of boom and held back Russel Wilson from finding his true potential. Now that Pete is winning and Wilson is horrible Pete is back to being a god. Eagles fans thought Andy Reid was washed because he never won the big game and had one bad season.

I'm not particularly attached to Kliffy and think we could do fine with new coaches. Maybe it is his lack of rah-rah attitude that holds this team back. I think his offense is sound and works when the OL isn't dependent on Cody Ford and Billy Price. I think Kyler isn't elite yet and this roster wouldn't have won a Superbowl in any of the past 4 years no matter who the coach was. I think Vance Joseph's defense gives up easy first downs and I don't like watching it. Based on that, if we only replace the defensive coordinator I would think we would have a better team next year. How good we are next year mainly rests on off season signings and the draft. A new coaching staff is the easiest way to hype a fanbase but I don't think our bad season is squarely on the coaches. If we don't fire Kliff I will still be hopeful that we can have a fun season next year.

Despite all this relatively pro-Kliff rhetoric, if Sean Payton is willing to come here Bidwill needs to do whatever it takes to get him.
Imagine writing a prognosis for our lost 2022 season and never using the words "Kyler Murray."

Imagine.

Dysfunction between the head coach and the franchise QB is why I'm fine seeing Kliff leave. I've said this many times, but Kliff isn't a good enough head coach to sacrifice the star potential we've seen glimpses of in the three years before this one. We have to find out if Kyler can be redeemed, and I don't think that's going to happen with Kliff in charge.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Oh Vic and Kliffy would be pair… Vic isn’t one to hide emotion of displeasure - that would be quite funny to see those dynamics interact. Kliffy would **** himself consistently around Vic.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaking of injuries is Hollywood hurt again? My fantasy team is run on NFL.com and they have him forecast for 0 points, it doesn't say injury but when the player is highlighted in red it usually means he's not expected to play. It keeps advising me to bench him

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaking of injuries is Hollywood hurt again? My fantasy team is run on NFL.com and they have him forecast for 0 points, it doesn't say injury but when the player is highlighted in red it usually means he's not expected to play. It keeps advising me to bench him
No injury that I know of. No designation in either of my FFL's (CBS & ESPN). His projected score is pretty mediocre this week, though.

...dave

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No injury that I know of. No designation in either of my FFL's (CBS & ESPN). His projected score is pretty mediocre this week, though.

...dave

They finally updated him I think they just hadn't figured out that he wasn't on BYE this week.

I think he's projected to get 9 points now, before it was 0.