Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356282,00.html

Fox News' Roger Friedman caught up with George Lucas at the Cannes Film Festival who revealed there's more than a strong possibility there will be a fifth "Indiana Jones" movie.

------------------------------------------

No surprise here. Many felt they were headed this way when they brought Indy back.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read this statement a few days ago. No offense but having SL as IJ's son is one thing. However, having a movie headlined with SL as the lead in a Indy the Next Generation? No thanks.

There is no Indiana Jones without Harrison Ford. Period.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indiana Geriatric Jones

I would rather see that then "Prepubescent Indian Jones" with Shea LeBouf as its star.

It's one thing for this kid to co-star. It's another to expect this kid to carry a movie and franchise this big on his back. He doesn't have the chops and I think this Shea is done growing. He is going to look like he does for about another 10 years. lol.

He is just not an intimidating as Harrison Ford nor does he have his film presence. I would never buy that his character could be bigger then life like Harrison did.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man they need to stop making so many of these or it will become as bad as the rocky series. Seriously who would be afraid of a 80 year old guy he would be so easy to take out lol

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man they need to stop making so many of these or it will become as bad as the rocky series. Seriously who would be afraid of a 80 year old guy he would be so easy to take out lol

Who said Harrison Ford would be in it?

http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/05/nathan-fillion-to-take-over-indiana-jones

Nathan Fillion to take over Indiana Jones?
Ok, before you have a coronary and start writing angry comments calling us names, this is not happening. This is a “what if” kind of situation and I wouldn’t be completely against it.

CC2k.com considers what it might be like with Nathan Fillion as Indiana Jones:

In fact, I seem to remember rumors that Paramount once upon a time wanted to turn the series over to River Phoenix, and may I say that such an idea breaks my heart. Phoenix made an excellent Indy, and I love the idea that each lead actor in the series would have appeared in three movies, and that in every third movie, the opening sequence would feature a young Indy story that would introduce a new actor to the role.

Now this idea I could dig. This could make Indiana Jones a long running series like James Bond.

The original idea behind the series is tribute to the great adventurers, and Fillion has that knack. He can play angsty and serious, but he is also charming and full of life. We all know that Indiana Jones didn’t just go on three (now four) adventures, so he could play a younger Indiana to fill in some of those stories in between. Maybe not as young as River Pheonix’s prequel bit, but still some filler stories.

I don’t think that Fillion looks like Ford, but then I didn’t think Phoenix did either and he fit the bill. If they did go with

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Fillion. Firefly does it. Also liked his role in Buffy.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nathan Fillion as Indiana Jones? Sure. We've already seen Nathan Fillion as Han Solo.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would you guys have issue with a young SL as IJ's son carrying on the genre? SL is a pretty talented young man.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the Los Angeles Times:

Harrison Ford said Friday that momentum is building for a fifth movie in the "Indiana Jones" franchise and that George Lucas is already cooking up a suitable plot.

"It's crazy but great," the 66-year-old Ford said. "George is in think mode right now."

Hitting DVD and Blu-ray Disc on October 14th, Indiana Jones the the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull has made $783.7 million worldwide compared to its budget of $185 million.

"It's automatic, really, we did well with the last one and with that having done well and been a positive experience, it's not surprising that some people want to do it again," Ford said.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm...

The fourth has made $783.7 million worldwide compared to its budget of $185 million.

Pretty sure that there will be a fifth.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Wow....this was....not good. It's OK for a rainy Saturday adfternoon but wow Harrison looks way too old to be believable in this role anymore

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fillion would make an awesome Indy, IMO. I haven't seen the last two IJ movies, but I would go see one with NF in the role.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In an interview with BBC News, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf says that it looks like a follow-up to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is moving forward.

"Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they're gearing that up," LaBeouf said. Last summer's blockbuster was made for about $185 million and earned $786.6 million worldwide. It was the second-highest earner of 2008, behind just The Dark Knight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In an interview with BBC News, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen star Shia LaBeouf says that it looks like a follow-up to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is moving forward.

"Steven [Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they're gearing that up," LaBeouf said. Last summer's blockbuster was made for about $185 million and earned $786.6 million worldwide. It was the second-highest earner of 2008, behind just The Dark Knight.

No surprise it's moving forward. The fact that it was #2 last year in earning is DEFINITELY a surprise though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Weird. Has it been confirmed that Lucas is not writing the next? Because Spielberg doesn't write them. I am wondering if he just meant from an idea perspective to give to Lucas and whomever co-writes?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Weird. Has it been confirmed that Lucas is not writing the next? Because Spielberg doesn't write them. I am wondering if he just meant from an idea perspective to give to Lucas and whomever co-writes?

I think Spielberg has creative input on the story, and I think he always has from the beginning. Then again, you ARE quoting a post from 2009, so the fact that it was attributed to Shia LaBeouf is probably the first alarm about the authenticity of the quote and whether it's still true in 2014.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Actually Rocky Balboa saved the Rocky franchise, not hurt it. Rocky V did more damage to the franchise than RB did. That's why they made RB.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose