In the end, who puts up the better career?

In the end, who puts up a better career?

• Total voters

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Assuming no career-changing/ending injuries...Assuming the Cards keep Kliffy around for at least another 3 more years. Who has the better career? Bonus points if you can articulate why...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why eliminate injuries? The biggest reason i don't think Lamar is going to have a great career is he takes too many hits and will probably get hurt. The biggest knock on Tua aside from arm strength is he already had a serious injury.

Without the option of baseball I would say Kyler, there is always that fear in the back of my mind with him about baseball until he gets a bit older where the option is less clear.

Tua has the best feel, Lamar is the weakest thrower of the 4. Baker has the tendency to take too many risks, good so far this year will it hold who knows. Kyler has the most physical limitations at his size, and he played far less in college than the other 3 so he's the rawest.

If you tell me baseball is no factor I'd say Kyler.

Without that it's hard but I'd still probably say Kyler. If you told me he won't get hurt again I'd put Tua 2nd, with the threat of injury I probably put Lamar second but with a shortened career.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
why eliminate injuries? The biggest reason i don't think Lamar is going to have a great career is he takes too many hits and will probably get hurt. The biggest knock on Tua aside from arm strength is he already had a serious injury.

Without the option of baseball I would say Kyler, there is always that fear in the back of my mind with him about baseball until he gets a bit older where the option is less clear.

Tua has the best feel, Lamar is the weakest thrower of the 4. Baker has the tendency to take too many risks, good so far this year will it hold who knows. Kyler has the most physical limitations at his size, and he played far less in college than the other 3 so he's the rawest.

If you tell me baseball is no factor I'd say Kyler.

Without that it's hard but I'd still probably say Kyler. If you told me he won't get hurt again I'd put Tua 2nd, with the threat of injury I probably put Lamar second but with a shortened career.

Just trying to remove the uncertainty of injury from the equation. Yes, Lamar will continue to take hits, but he's also bigger than Kyler... so, for the sake of this poll, just go based off of all other factors other than injury...

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Situation is the most important aspect of a quarterback's long term success. That gives the edge to Lamar Jackson.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you give a reason why you picked out these set of QBs?

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the Cardinals get rid of Kliff and Kiem after this season and hire some football folks, its Kyler no question.

Every one of those qbs are unquestionably better organizations.

TK421

Veteran
Reaction score
Allen. And in your scenario where Kliff stays for another 3 seasons every other qb on your list will be more successful, including the injury-prone Tua.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who else would you like to add? I picked who I thought were Kyler's contemporaries.
And how do you dictate that? None were in the same class as Kyler nor in the same conference.

Might as well just throw every 2018 & 2020 starter in there.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh Allen easy

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say eaither tua or Jackson

Tua has looked really good early

Hope murray turns it around these final gms.....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose