Imagine thinking you don’t need to sign a pass rusher…

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I find this stats misleading. After two weeks the Jets have 3 sacks and 9 QB hits, the Cardinals have 1 sack and 11 QB hits. Number 2 Cleveland has 6 sacks and 9 QB hits. Buffalo on the other hand has 9 sacks and 19 QB hits yet are ranked 4th. The stat is determined by a pass rusher beating his blocker in 2.5 seconds or less.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That is surprising, wonder how that is actually calculated.

I will say I have been watching Zach Allen more closely and he has looked pretty good, so the second attachment is actually not as surprising to me.
Second most disruptive IDL in the league right now!

The Cardinals OL has every starter in the top ten in either pass block win or run block win rate. Top pass protecting line in the league per metrics.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I find this stats misleading. After two weeks the Jets have 3 sacks and 9 QB hits, the Cardinals have 1 sack and 11 QB hits. Number 2 Cleveland has 6 sacks and 9 QB hits. Buffalo on the other hand has 9 sacks and 19 QB hits yet are ranked 4th. The stat is determined by a pass rusher beating his blocker in 2.5 seconds or less.
Right...which is what you want. The Cardinals are winning lots of battles but the results aren't there yet. If they keep that pass rush win rate, they'll start getting sacks.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

The Cardinals OL has every starter in the top ten in either pass block win or run block win rate. Top pass protecting line in the league per metrics.
With all our players ranking so high it’s amaIng we’ve been dreadful for 6/8 quarters. Brings all the metrics under serious question.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yesterday did Gardeck play a few snaps at ILB? I'd rather see him there than Vigil or vallejo.

He did yeah. Vance moves him around a bunch. He had a bunch of edge snaps but also rushed up the middle, played a little ILB, dropped into coverage from OLB etc

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Going with Gardeck the Barbarian was not a good enough try.

Out of interest what would you have done? I agree Keim should have been more prepared but I'm not seeing anything in this years FA.

Miller is playing chase the ring. Randy Gregory has spent half his career banned. They tried for Reddick but was outbid apparently plus Reddick would go to the Eagles even for same money.

Only real options I can see were Za'Darius Smith and Clowney. And old Justin Houston.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Right...which is what you want. The Cardinals are winning lots of battles but the results aren't there yet. If they keep that pass rush win rate, they'll start getting sacks.
What I couldn't find is how or if blitzers are included in these stats or if it's limited to Dline vs. Oline players. If we blitz a lot it could skew the results.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

With the Chiefs game and the 1st half of the Raider's game, this shows just how useless those stats are. Our offensive line didn't know pass blocking existed until the 2nd half last week.

Stout

Reaction score
Out of interest what would you have done? I agree Keim should have been more prepared but I'm not seeing anything in this years FA.

Miller is playing chase the ring. Randy Gregory has spent half his career banned. They tried for Reddick but was outbid apparently plus Reddick would go to the Eagles even for same money.

Only real options I can see were Za'Darius Smith and Clowney. And old Justin Houston.
If we were playing chase the ring, we would have been in on Miller. And, showing that intent, Miller might have been in on us. As it was clear we were punting on the season (although you kept mocking us telling us everything was totally fine), Miller wasn't even a consideration. A criminal decision, that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we were playing chase the ring, we would have been in on Miller. And, showing that intent, Miller might have been in on us. As it was clear we were punting on the season (although you kept mocking us telling us everything was totally fine), Miller wasn't even a consideration. A criminal decision, that.

Come on man. Who say's we weren't in on Miller? And if we was, you think he's choosing us over the Bills?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"The Buffalo Bills made one of the biggest splashes of the off-season by signing future Hall-of-Fame edge rusher Von Miller. The 33-year-old Miller signed a six-year contract worth up to $120 million, including a signing bonus just over $18.5 million and roughly $51.4 million in guaranteed money."

Opting to not go after a player who garnered that kind of contract, in a year where we KNEW were handing out a quarter billion to our QB, with the need to also extend our starting S and eventually CB1, is not criminal. Argue the decision. Leave the hyperbole at the door.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Need a bulldozer in the middle than can push the pocket back into the QB on pass plays. I think that will help or DE’s a ton
that’s probably the hardest thing to find in football. That’s why it drives me crazy that VJ rarely ever blitzes the A gap. He sends blitzes around the edge and the QB just steps up and avoids them.

Stout

Reaction score
"The Buffalo Bills made one of the biggest splashes of the off-season by signing future Hall-of-Fame edge rusher Von Miller. The 33-year-old Miller signed a six-year contract worth up to $120 million, including a signing bonus just over $18.5 million and roughly $51.4 million in guaranteed money."

Opting to not go after a player who garnered that kind of contract, in a year where we KNEW were handing out a quarter billion to our QB, with the need to also extend our starting S and eventually CB1, is not criminal. Argue the decision. Leave the hyperbole at the door.
The decision sucked. Going after him and spending (gasp--actually spending a ton of money!) for once would have signaled intent and would have shown we were chasing a ring. Yes, even with paying KM the big contract. This year is (was--we're not chasing the ring, let's face it) the year to go for it in the NFC. Instead Keim looked at the market, dribbled down his leg, and punted on the idea of fixing our pass rush. And the rest of the defense.

How's that for hyperbole? :)

Now, can you tell me Von Miller wouldn't have been worth it, if we were indeed going all in?

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The decision sucked. Going after him and spending (gasp--actually spending a ton of money!) for once would have signaled intent and would have shown we were chasing a ring. Yes, even with paying KM the big contract. This year is (was--we're not chasing the ring, let's face it) the year to go for it in the NFC. Instead Keim looked at the market, dribbled down his leg, and punted on the idea of fixing our pass rush. And the rest of the defense.

Now, can you tell me Von Miller wouldn't have been worth it, if we were indeed going all in?
Fans play checkers, when the professionals have to play chess. Its a long game. The logic just doesn't jibe with me. Keim, sitting on a shiny new 5 year extension would rather not spend and look the fool, than spend and go for the ring. Is that your argument? Obviously there's WAY more going on than we as fans will ever know. But I do know, that if I had a 5 year extension in my pocket, and at the time, what, 17M in cap space to spend, all else being equal, I am feeling as enabled to spend every damn penny as I am likely to not spend because "I got my money, now lets sit back and chill" (which seems to be the argument made around here about Keim and KK.) I think Keim needs to go, and I imagine KK isnt far behind him. But everything is so freaking intertwined in this sport, its a tough call to make those decisions without weighing how all other actions affect what everyone else does and how their performance can be judged.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Y'all acting like paying Von Miller that money was a no brainer. He's 33.5 and had less sacks than Chandler Jones last year.

Had we signed him a guarantee this board would have said "Might as well have resigned CJ for less" or "Why's Keim renting guys that are nearly 34 and had less than 10 sacks last year".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose