I'm not mad I'm just Kliffappointed

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Being super wide open on a fly pattern only be to be overthrown by his number one STAR 1/4 billion dollar quarterback??! :)
No quarterback hits every deep shot.

But you have to try more than once a game. Trying to dink and dunk all the way down the field repeatedly is not a recipe for a high scoring offense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No quarterback hits every deep shot.

But you have to try more than once a game. Trying to dink and dunk all the way down the field repeatedly is not a recipe for a high scoring offense.
According to the game charting on Pro Football Reference, Kyler didn't target a receiver deep until there were 20 seconds left in the first half.

I don't mind dinking and dunking if that's what the defense gives you, TBH. It's kind of a grind to watch, but that's what the Rams defense tries to do -- force you to be patient and gain 4-6 YPP.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NFL has figured out Kliff's predictable offense. Play 2 deep at safety and take away the intermediate and long ball. The Kliff has no answer for it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is a challenging thread. I have been saying for some time the coaching is deeply flawed. As to Murray, he is a great athlete and a superior runner. He can throw deep with ease. I have doubts about his pocket presence (yes, better pockets would help). He doesn’t shift in the pocket to create passing lanes. He drops back excessive distances. He seems agile enough to sidestep large rushers (others do) but instead prefers to quickly dump the ball even if it means throwing off his back foot. How many times does one free rusher disrupt him entirely. He looks panicky to me. He’s small so unnecessary rushing should be avoided, but he needs to flash his running early to slow rushers. His sidearm throws tend to lack accuracy. He’s not Mahomes or even Allen. He stares down receivers.

Then there’s the issue of reading defenses, looking off safeties and using progressions. I know you can show me a clip where he does this, but sustained success means this is standard operating policy. It’s hard to accept that with diminished secondary personnel, the Cards could find a weakness. The Rams did a nice job of limiting Murphy’s impact.

All this said, I‘d love to see someone like Sean Payton coach Murray. The excuses would vanish and Murray would truly become accountable. Sadly I can’t see Bidwill eating the current contracts or paying what Payton would cost.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It was an insane decision to give triple fisted FIVE YEAR EXTENSIONS to the three architects of that colossal failure at the end of the last season.

Just an absolutely mind boggling decision then, and looking even more so with every day that’s followed.
As I've said... as a 19-year season ticket holder, I've endured a lot of crap over the years from this team. But when they re-upped Kliffy, it was just too much. And the ridiculous extension to Kyler was the final straw.
Can't begin to describe the relief of not feeling compelled to make that drive to Glendale, deal with all of the drunk-ass moronic fans, and watch a 3rd rate team put up garbage!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I've said... as a 19-year season ticket holder, I've endured a lot of crap over the years from this team. But when they re-upped Kliffy, it was just too much. And the ridiculous extension to Kyler was the final straw.
Can't begin to describe the relief of not feeling compelled to make that drive to Glendale, deal with all of the drunk-ass moronic fans, and watch a 3rd rate team put up garbage!
I’m curious, are you a Keim & Bidwill fan? Please answer yes or no. Because despite Kliff & Kyler deserving criticism, you absolve the guys that even hold more power than them aka Keim & Bidwill.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
He's not wrong. That's literally all you can do. It's kind of sad to have him immediately go full Belicheck.

I don't understand the slow starts. Arians used to sit with the QB on Thursday or Friday and build the initial game script based on what they were comfortable with after installing the game plan earlier in the week. I wonder if Kyler just wants a more simplified playbook so he can shuffle through the options in his head and pick the one that best fits his initial look.

It would explain why the concepts seem so basic. This is what Andy Reid used to do with Philly -- have a handful of plays but run them out of a multiplicity of formations and personnel groupings.

I'd love to have someone ask Kliff why Kyler doesn't run more.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I’m curious, are you a Keim & Bidwill fan? Please answer yes or no. Because despite Kliff & Kyler deserving criticism, you absolve the guys that even hold more power than them aka Keim & Bidwill.
No. And sorry for going beyond just a simple "no." First, I don't "absolve" anyone. Bidwill is the owner and unless he decides to sell the team, we're stuck with him. And I recall stating back when Keim got his DUI, that the team should've canned his fat arse then. And, I also hammered him when they hired Kliffy, a guy who had done zilch in his previous coaching stints and has been fired from his last head-coaching gig at Texas Tech...

So I've been quite consistent in calling out the blame wherever I feel it lies. And in-season, game by game, Kliffy and Kyler prove time and again, that Bidwill & Keim colossally, epically, horrifically screwed up.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. And sorry for going beyond just a simple "no." First, I don't "absolve" anyone. Bidwill is the owner and unless he decides to sell the team, we're stuck with him. And I recall stating back when Keim got his DUI, that the team should've canned his fat arse then. And, I also hammered him when they hired Kliffy, a guy who had done zilch in his previous coaching stints and has been fired from his last head-coaching gig at Texas Tech...

So I've been quite consistent in calling out the blame wherever I feel it lies. And in-season, game by game, Kliffy and Kyler prove time and again, that Bidwill & Keim colossally, epically, horrifically screwed up.
Ah, so Keim gets none of the blame for royally screwing up drafts & horrific signings? You’re giving him passes for that. Gotcha.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Ah, so Keim gets none of the blame for royally screwing up drafts & horrific signings? You’re giving him passes for that. Gotcha.
Where did he say that??

"So I've been quite consistent in calling out the blame wherever I feel it lies. And in-season, game by game, Kliffy and Kyler prove time and again, that Bidwill & Keim colossally, epically, horrifically screwed up"

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Where did he say that??

"So I've been quite consistent in calling out the blame wherever I feel it lies. And in-season, game by game, Kliffy and Kyler prove time and again, that Bidwill & Keim colossally, epically, horrifically screwed up"
The bold, he’s talking about the contracts given to Kliff & Kyler. He’s avoiding putting blame on Keim for things even out of their control; Constant horrific drafts, FA signings, coordinator hires, etc.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Here’s what I wrote on the board about Kingsbury in January of 2021. I could rewrite it today but it still seems accurate, “The recent Athletic article about Kingsbury was accurate as far as it went. I agreed with all the negatives and a few of the positives. I just reached a different conclusion about his tenure. Most of the negatives were ones I’d previously presented here but they missed numerous other valid criticisms, like receiver routes, excessive penalties, wasted timeouts and others so numerous it pointless to rehash.

The most valid endorsement is that the offensive personnel is weak. Better players would certainly have produced better outcomes. Are we sure better players will be something that gets fixed? I look at the major personnel issues Carroll has overcome in Seattle or the Rams overcame in their season ending regular season game. I understand the salary cap makes game planning around your weaknesses part of the job. Has Kingsbury shown the ability to do that? I already posted much of this falls on Keim.

Where our opinions diverge the most is in the belief that Kingsbury will change and improve. When Tech fired Kingsbury they noted, “It's not based on one game. This type of decision is not based on one season. This decision was made based on a three-year pattern, a three-year pattern of inconsistency," athletic director Kirby Hocutt said during a campus news conference. "We saw progress, but we also saw lapses of progress in key critical areas." I would say Kingsbury’s entire college tenure reflected this.

I don’t believe Kingsbury’s history indicates such improvement is likely. He wants to be head coach, offensive coordinator and quarterback coach. He basically sees the defense as somebody else’s problem. Sure he occasionally designs a good play but not a good game plan. Also that play is often not repeated. His play calling is atrocious for someone who’s been a head coach for so long. Why hasn’t he learned how to call a consistent game by now? Players don’t typically learn to shoot free throws after they reach the NBA. There are adjustments first time NFL coaches must make but there shouldn’t be this many adjustments needed. The author asks if the Cards let Kingsbury go can they find someone to develop Murray? I’d argue most of what Kingsbury does has not moved Murray forward. Murray’s running is instinctive. His passing mechanics are crude. His ability to read defenses seems severely limited. Murray rarely uses progressions. He is not being coached to be a leader of men. I’d like to know how much film he studies. Finally I think most good coaches could integrate Murray’s talent. Giving Murray a dedicated QB coach who would focus on traditional passing technique might fill a void of knowledge with which Murray struggles. I don’t think you can be a successful QB based on solely running. A winning QB must possess some pocket passing skills. I haven’t seen Murray improve these skills under Kingsbury’s tutelage.”

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score

Cardinals’ Kliff Kingsbury: ‘We have to figure out exactly who we are’​

This is his 4th season as HC and we still don’t know “who we are”?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came away thinking that the happiest guy on the field was the CB playing across from Ramsay as our offensive genius of a H-C kept challenging an all-pro. What kind of macho, mind-boggling crap was that?
Multiple WRs go out into the field of play. Who decides where to throw it in the moment? Based off of what he sees pre-snap and the matchups he’s looking at? Oh and whose open?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose