Ilinii vs Wildcats

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prepare for war.

Here come the train. Guard your women. Salim had a sub par game.. Unleash the beast.

We will show you how it's done.

:D

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be a very good game - Illinois or Arizona has the toughest route by far to the championship this year -as usual, UNC and Duke were put into cupcake regions.

The keys will be Channing Frye vs Illinois' big men, and how well Stoudamire does against the best guard combo in the nation.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
It will be a very good game - Illinois or Arizona has the toughest route by far to the championship this year -as usual, UNC and Duke were put into cupcake regions.

The keys will be Channing Frye vs Illinois' big men, and how well Stoudamire does against the best guard combo in the nation.
LMAO. I hope the fighting **** ****s go to Frye..

Wildcats gonna show you how it should be does

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee! said:
LMAO. I hope the fighting **** ****s go to Frye..

Wildcats gonna show you how it should be does

Keep it clean, bud........

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Illini should be happy they on the same court as the AZ Wildcats. no way they win

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee! said:
Illini should be happy they on the same court as the AZ Wildcats. no way they win

Whatever......U of A should be happy they have exceed expectations.......

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Whatever......U of A should be happy they have exceed expectations.......
Like when they finished 5th in the Pac 10 and beat every #1 one team in the tourny? Ya ok lmao

#1 ranking means nothing

We'll see

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
off topic but anybody else think Lute got REALLY lucky that last shot didn't go in? Recap, Ok State has no timeouts and 2.8 seconds to go the length of the floor. Bobick throws to halfcourt where guard is intentionally fouled by UA because they had a foul to give. Announcers praise Lute for being smart.

But what really happened is Lute both risked the foul being called intentional, and just as bad, gave Ok State the ball out of bounds, with the CLOCK STOPPED, and able to setup an inbounds play. If he doesn't foul there they're taking a wild 45 foot shot at the buzzer, by fouling he gave Lucas a very tough, but possible shot that wasn't that far off.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Should be an outstanding game. Illinois has the superior backcourt while Arizona has the advatange up front. Illinois hasn't played anyone good since December while UA has played some solid squads recently (OSU and UW). This one could go either way.

Russ - All's well that ends well. I personally don't believe in fouling because of all the weird stuff that could potentiall happen. But Lute's the Hall-of-Famer and I'm a desk jockey so I'll defer to him.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Should be an outstanding game. Illinois has the superior backcourt while Arizona has the advatange up front. Illinois hasn't played anyone good since December while UA has played some solid squads recently (OSU and UW). This one could go either way.

Russ - All's well that ends well. I personally don't believe in fouling because of all the weird stuff that could potentiall happen. But Lute's the Hall-of-Famer and I'm a desk jockey so I'll defer to him.

Oh I agree if it works who cares but I thought it was odd that they were suggesting they foul and even odder when they DID foul because it stopped the clock.

One other in game question, Shakur chased down Lucas from behind and blocks the shot, OSU rebounds and Frye blocks that shot, but they scored it. Did I miss a better replay that explained why that was a goaltend? Live it seemed he blocked it off the glass just like Shakur had, did they rule the shot was already coming off the glass? I never had a really good view of it but the announcers didn't seem to think it was a bad call. I was running on a treadmill at that point in the game so I may have missed a replay that explained the call.

Congrats to UA, only Pac 10 team left.

I will always have a soft spot for Hassan Adams, personally I think his comments about why he went to UA over UCLA were the final nail in Steve Lavin's coffin.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It was a bad call but what are you going to do. I felt there were some bad calls (as there is in every game) but it was pretty even in the end. Did you read that assclown Doyel's column today? He seems to think that Lute got the officials to call the game his way and that was the reason the Cats won.

Oh, and I agree about Hassan's comments being the straw that broke the camel's back with Lavin. However, seeing Lavin doing commentary makes me beleive that he has finally found his niche. For as much as I didn't like the guy for turning a once proud UCLA-Arizona rivalry into an annual cakewalk, he seems pretty thoughtful and intelligent.

Last edited:

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
U of A should be happy they have exceed expectations.......

Comapred to Illinois' rich tradition in the tournament....

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This should be a great game. I give the edge to Illinois because of their backcourt and with the game being played just outside of Chicago.

I think the pressure is more on the Illlini because they are the #1 team and many believe should be playing in the championship game. They have only lost one game.

The key for the UofA will be turnovers. If Shakur and Salim can handle the press and keep the turnovers down, they should be competitive. They also have to hope that Salim and the others are hitting their shots.

Even though I give the edge to Illinois, we have to remember this is one game, so if one of the teams is not on their game, they could lose. This is what makes March Madness the best. If only the President's of the universities would realize that college football needs a playoff.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
It was a bad call but what are you going to do. I felt there were some bad calls (as there is in every game) but it was pretty even in the end. Did you read that assclown Doyel's column today? He seems to think that Lute got the officials to call the game his way and that was the reason the Cats won.

Oh, and I agree about Hassan's comments being the straw that broke the camel's back with Lavin. However, seeing Lavin doing commentary makes me beleive that he has finally found his niche. For as much as I didn't like the guy for turning a once proud UCLA-Arizona rivalry into an annual cakewalk, he seems pretty thoughtful and intelligent.

I didn't see it but supposedly he called Vitale "Dukie V" on air the other night and also complained that if he'd lost in the first round like Howland did he would have been fired on the spot.

So I like the Vitale comment but jeez he left Howland a BARE cupboard, to even make the tournament starting 3 freshman, a SG at PF and a stiff for a C with a backup C who is basically a highjumper playing basketball shows that Howland can coach.

I didn't see the whole game but what I saw was a fairly evenly reffed game, in what I saw I certainly didn't see any edge to the Cats.

One other point, is it me or does Chris Rodgers watch the ball when he's dribbling? Rodgers seems to be literally watching the ball when he dribbles, very unusual to see a guy at THIS level who does that.

I thought UW got jobbed in the sense that the refs called the game close enough that UW got into foul trouble, but Louisville defends the same way they were just smart enough to ease up and avoid foul trouble, while UW kept gambling and reaching and picking up fouls. Once the refs have established what they will call, you have to adjust, UW didn't.

But to be fair I'm not a big Romar fan, I think UCLA was very lucky he got the St Louis job before he was able to help Harrick get UCLA on probation, and I think he'll ultimately have UW on probation and probably sooner than you think.

Reaction score
I feel it will be a good game due to the fact that their backcourt's are nearly identical talent wise. But I feel that U of A will win because Illinois will not be able to stop Frye in the paint.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, that place is loud with Illini fans. I can't see the UofA beating a team like that in that atmosphere.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Horrible play at the end.

Lets hope the Lady Sun Devils win tonight.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Both UA and WVU blew their games.

Wvu up by 20, UA by 15.

They both choked.

Outside is good, but BBall games are won inside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort