If You Were Calling Shots

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I for one think Thursday games are great if you're gonna whack most if not all of your staff. This probably only happens if the Cardinals lose to the Saints in the same putrid fashion we've been losing all year. Logistically the Thursday turn around gives you the most time to do work.

I am not saying this is going to happen, I don't think it will happen, I'm just asking how you would rule.

If we're talking Keim that would probably be a post season move. And everyone goes simultaneously.

But if we're talking Kingsbury I think it's not only doable but it sends a clear message to Kyler and the team.

Questions:
Would you fire Vance too? Or elevate him to temporary HC? Or would you bring someone in? Does Keim even have a contingency plan?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You elevate Vance to interem and that gives you an opportunity to move on from him after the season and start from scratch. I think they wanted to fire Vance as a scapegoat but the horrible offensive play has removed that option.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals are not going to fire Keim during the season (I do think he needs to go) the next best step is to remove Kingsbury.

At least we find out how Murray plays under a new coach. Also, it clarifies what moves need to be made during the off season.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Immediately I would force Kliff to let somebody else call plays or at the very least make him go upstairs to perhaps see what the defense is doing.
Nothing is going to happen this year.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wait until the end of the season. This year has been ugly, but I think he deserves to see it play out.

Anything short of a divisional/conference visit and Keim and KK get the axe. Kyler gets 1 more chance.

Wishful thinking as MB doesn't have the guts to fire his BFF. Also wishful thinking the next regime will be much better.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I would force Kliff to elevate Spencer Whipple to OC. Have a fresh set of eyes look at the playbook. I would run significantly more plays from under center and run more 12 personnel. I would demote AJ Green and play Dortch more.

Firing Kliff right now won't work well, but if you were, Vance Joseph is the obvious candidate. His defense has played well enough.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stop following the Cardinals if you want but Keim is not going anywhere even if they end up 4-13. Zero chance.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
People seem to forget what org we're talking about: this family has sat through some of the worst football seen in the history of the NFL. I'm talking decades of futility. DECADES. Bidwill will ride through this entire decade without batting an eyelash.

For those of you thinking I'm being hyperbolic, I'm not. Bidwill's patience for mediocrity or outright putridity (no idea if that's an actual word) far exceeds your desire for entertainment.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said this a couple of weeks ago but I would do the following:

Fire Kiem and replace with Adrian Wilson as GM

Fire Kliff and replace with Vance as HC

Promote Sean Kugler to OC

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People seem to forget what org we're talking about: this family has sat through some of the worst football seen in the history of the NFL. I'm talking decades of futility. DECADES. Bidwill will ride through this entire decade without batting an eyelash.

For those of you thinking I'm being hyperbolic, I'm not. Bidwill's patience for mediocrity or outright putridity (no idea if that's an actual word) far exceeds your desire for entertainment.
Agreed.

Folks, the overwhelming majority of us thought Keim and Kingsbury had to be on the hot seat right after last year’s 3rd consecutive second half of the season meltdown.

And not only weren’t those seats even warm, we found out how hot Mikey was for both of them when he handed out double fisted FIVE YEAR EXTENSIONS for last years season ending humiliation.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You elevate Vance to interem and that gives you an opportunity to move on from him after the season and start from scratch. I think they wanted to fire Vance as a scapegoat but the horrible offensive play has removed that option.
This. Then, in the offseason, Bidwill needs to clean house and start from scratch. I'd rather do that with a new QB, but the idiotic extension makes that impossible. Do the best possible to bring in personnel who hold people accountable and freaking cross your fingers.

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
What was it Bill Parcell's said-"when a player shows you who he is -believe him". The same holds true for coaches and KK has shown time and time again he is unable to compete at the NFL level. There is nothing that he does well, from offensive scheme, game management, play calling, game preparation,and personnel decisions. He is simply not a good head coach and the sooner MB lets him go the sooner we can move forward , hopefully with a HC that knows what he is doing.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
For the younger folks this will look a lot like what we do here soon with Kliff's barring a miraculous turnaround. I imagine the rhetoric from Bidwill will be similar just plug in Keim with Graves.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I for one think Thursday games are great if you're gonna whack most if not all of your staff. This probably only happens if the Cardinals lose to the Saints in the same putrid fashion we've been losing all year. Logistically the Thursday turn around gives you the most time to do work.

I am not saying this is going to happen, I don't think it will happen, I'm just asking how you would rule.

If we're talking Keim that would probably be a post season move. And everyone goes simultaneously.

But if we're talking Kingsbury I think it's not only doable but it sends a clear message to Kyler and the team.

Questions:
Would you fire Vance too? Or elevate him to temporary HC? Or would you bring someone in? Does Keim even have a contingency plan?
If I were in charge (meaning I am now Michael Bidwill), I would sell the team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would force Kliff to elevate Spencer Whipple to OC. Have a fresh set of eyes look at the playbook. I would run significantly more plays from under center and run more 12 personnel. I would demote AJ Green and play Dortch more.

Firing Kliff right now won't work well, but if you were, Vance Joseph is the obvious candidate. His defense has played well enough.

Getting Anderson says we're not doing that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've said this a couple of weeks ago but I would do the following:

Fire Kiem and replace with Adrian Wilson as GM

Fire Kliff and replace with Vance as HC

Promote Sean Kugler to OC

I do wonder has Kugler ever called plays? It looks like he's always been an OL coach except for one stint at UTEP as the head coach I don't think he called plays there.

Not saying he can't just it appears he never has.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose