If you had the choice: @ GB or @ CAR?

If you had the choice to play in the playoffs @ GB or @ Carolina?

• Total voters

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Had this ongoing discussion a few days ago in another thread.

Take a good look at both teams in their current state and identify their strengths and weaknesses.

If you had the choice to play @ Lambeau or @ Bank of America in the playoffs, which would you feel more conformable with?

Hopefully none of this matters and we at least lock the 2nd seed.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, the weather is actually the big factor, to me...If the weather was going to be equal, I'd say roll the dice in Green Bay. The Packers are a wounded animal right now, that needs to be put out of it's misery. That being said, if weather is a factor, it levels out both teams, so I'd then prefer to play at Carolina...also throw in the revenge factor from last year.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carolina easy, were not playing them now anyway GB could easily get it turned around by playoff time. I would never want Rodgers in lambeau they have a pretty absurd record and advantage there

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, Carolina for sure. They just seem like a team that can be beat, but are just winning by seat of their pants.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At Carolina all day

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carolina easy, were not playing them now anyway GB could easily get it turned around by playoff time. I would never want Rodgers in lambeau they have a pretty absurd record and advantage there

Rodgers is 2-2 in home playoff games.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let me think about that one. At GB in January or any other place in the NFL. I will go with any other place.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rodgers home record not just playoff, home field advantage is not just playoffs that's a tough place to play

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bro you're not going to get the results you're looking for. Your quest for carolina respect won't start with this question :)

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bro you're not going to get the results you're looking for. Your quest for carolina respect won't start with this question :)

Meh, I feel like it has more to due with the overrate-ness of Rodgers and GB., and I love Rodgers. People need to stop treating GB like they're some unstoppable force at home in the playoffs.

Not sure why people wouldn't want to play a GB team with no running game, "meh" pass-defense, and WRs that have trouble separating. All that plays literally into our strengths. Oh yeah, and losing to a previously 1-win Lion team AT Home. That Jordy loss was bigger than I imagined.

It's not like the players on our team have never played in cold weather, either.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Meh, I feel like it has more to due with the overrate-ness of Rodgers and GB., and I love Rodgers. People need to stop treating GB like they're some unstoppable force at home in the playoffs.

Not sure why people wouldn't want to play a GB team with no running game, "meh" pass-defense, and WRs that have trouble separating. All that plays literally into our strengths. Oh yeah, and losing to a previously 1-win Lion team AT Home. That Jordy loss was bigger than I imagined.

It's not like the players on our team have never played in cold weather, either.
I think the Cards could win in either place, and are better than both, but why make the weather a factor if you have a choice?

Sure the Cards have played in cold weather before but there's a difference when you are in the cold everyday versus one Sunday in January. To me, it's no different than teams having to adjust to the altitude when going to Denver. Denver is adjusted, the opponents are not.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You actually may want to also include Minnesota in your poll...That, to me, would be even worse than Green Bay. They have a punishing running game that can withstand whatever the outdoor elements are bringing...

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Carolina, the last playoff game we played there was awesome. The weather was perfect for football, just a few rain drops here and there. And we took over a bar near the stadium and they didn't seem to mind. After a terrible butt whoopin they were still very cordial.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
carolina i prefer,cam newton in our last playoff performance couldnt do nothing against us
carolina was just able to use their best player ,Ryan Lindley

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was about to rip you for being wrong but damn. His home to road playoff games(not counting the SB) is 4:5. You'd have thought he'd play more games at home considering the amount of playoff games he's played in.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, the weather is actually the big factor, to me...If the weather was going to be equal, I'd say roll the dice in Green Bay. The Packers are a wounded animal right now, that needs to be put out of it's misery. That being said, if weather is a factor, it levels out both teams, so I'd then prefer to play at Carolina...also throw in the revenge factor from last year.

The "weather" is always equal and wind not cold effects play. I want the weaker team and right now that's GB. We can cover the GB wideouts.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Carolina, the last playoff game we played there was awesome. The weather was perfect for football, just a few rain drops here and there. And we took over a bar near the stadium and they didn't seem to mind. After a terrible butt whoopin they were still very cordial.

We played one there last year dad :p.I know what you mean though in January of '09 because I was there and had fun :D

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but anyone who would rather face Rodgers than Newton is reading way to much into their records! No way no how would I rather face Rodgers in the playoffs, yeah GB doesn't look great at the moment but would you have said the same thing 3 weeks ago... Doubt it. They probably still win their division and start playing well, I want no part of GB unless they have to come here and still would prefer facing someone besides Rodgers. Think just for a second what he could do to us, he's a little better than the likes of Landry jones, foles, Wilson. I like our defense but I'm under no illusion we can't be beat by a great QB. I'll take my chances with Newton any day!

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Also right now GB is second in their division so I think MN should be on that list too because right now they are playing outdoors as well.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Green Bay

• Temperatures that could easily get into the negatives
  • Going against a sufe-fire HoF QB
  • Against a ravenous, loyal fanbase

Carolina
  • Going against a QB and coach whom have yet to prove any post-season success aside from beating up on lowly Lindley
  • Chilly, yet, manageable temperatures
  • Lukewarm fan base

Decision is pretty simple. Plus, it's a distinct possibility that Carolina has peaked and Green Bay has not

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson