If you ever wanted Cards to sign Glennon, this is it!

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Can he start a few weeks until a rookie can take over?

I'll be honest, I don't know that I've ever seen him play. I remember Gambo saying the Cards had interest in him a few years ago.

His stats aren't the worst for the available options.
[Edit: Ok, I just looked up his stats... not as good as first glance]

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tyrod Taylor may be getting released soon as he is not willing to take a pay cut from his $18M salary this year. Glennon is better than what we currently have on the roster. Depends on how much he can be had for.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
"Cardinal Glennon." Has a nice ring.

Glendale Glennon!

if anyone knows Glennon, Steve Keim does. North Carolina St. decided to let Russell Wilson go in favor of starting Glennon. I don't think he's as bad as the general perceptions of him are. He's played on losing teams in the NFL who drafted QBOFs. In week 1 this year versus the Falcons, Glennon waged a good second half comeback, threw a 19 yard TD to Tarik Cohen which cut the Falcons' lead to 20-17, then he got the ball back and marched the team down to the Falcons' 5 yard line in the final minute---only Jordan Howard dropped an easy pass on the 1yard line which would have won the game. So frustrating. Wide open drop.

His career stats are 4,933 yards @ 60.3%, 34 TDs to 20 ints. and a 83.2 QBR. Not too shabby, all things considered.

Having just pocketed over $18M from the Bears, Glennon won't command much money this time. Wouldn't mind it if they threw him into the mix as 1 of the 3 QBs. He might take well to Mike McCoy. Both have a lot to prove after tough years last year.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Glendale Glennon!

if anyone knows Glennon, Steve Keim does. North Carolina St. decided to let Russell Wilson go in favor of starting Glennon. I don't think he's as bad as the general perceptions of him are. He's played on losing teams in the NFL who drafted QBOFs. In week 1 this year versus the Falcons, Glennon waged a good second half comeback, threw a 19 yard TD to Tarik Cohen which cut the Falcons' lead to 20-17, then he got the ball back and marched the team down to the Falcons' 5 yard line in the final minute---only Jordan Howard dropped an easy pass on the 1yard line which would have won the game. So frustrating. Wide open drop.

His career stats are 4,933 yards @ 60.3%, 34 TDs to 20 ints. and a 83.2 QBR. Not too shabby, all things considered.

Having just pocketed over $18M from the Bears, Glennon won't command much money this time. Wouldn't mind it if they threw him into the mix as 1 of the 3 QBs. He might take well to Mike McCoy. Both have a lot to prove after tough years last year.
I agree that Glennon isn't nearly as bad as the perception about him. He did a solid job when he had decent circumstances in TB but has also been on some really lousy teams. He is still relatively inexperienced to the extent that I don't think his book is written. Much like Foles, he would likely improve with good coaching, better personnel and a tailored offense.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was on the Glennon bandwagon until this past season. He was terrible for the Bears.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I was on the Glennon bandwagon until this past season. He was terrible for the Bears.

Carson Palmer struggled for half a year the first year in BA's system---not sure it is the most accurate indicator of a QB's talent and ability when learning a new system and trying to establish chemistry with new skill players.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Carson Palmer struggled for half a year the first year in BA's system---not sure it is the most accurate indicator of a QB's talent and ability when learning a new system and trying to establish chemistry with new skill players.

Yes. Add in the bizarre move by the Bears to sign Glennon as their #1 QB and then make the big trade for Trub. Sure that helped with his confidence level.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Poor accuracy and decision making, I don’t think, has anything to do with chemistry. Watching him against the packers in week 4 was awful. Stopped watching the game at half because he took them out of the game overthrowing wide open WRs. BA’s system is league known to be difficult to pick up, where Dowell Loggains is.... well unknown.

Yes. Add in the bizarre move by the Bears to sign Glennon as their #1 QB and then make the big trade for Trub. Sure that helped with his confidence level.

What do you think will happen here? If he can’t outperform a qb that started 1 year in college and wasn’t exactly impressive his rookie season, what makes you think he’ll succeed here?

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Glennon would be a solid pickup. Guaranteed we kick the tires on him.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes. Add in the bizarre move by the Bears to sign Glennon as their #1 QB and then make the big trade for Trub. Sure that helped with his hot level.
It's cause the Bears are a dumpster fire. I don't think it was as much as Glennon played horrible for them...they played horrible for him

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What do you think will happen here? If he can’t outperform a qb that started 1 year in college and wasn’t exactly impressive his rookie season, what makes you think he’ll succeed here?

I was simply adding to Mitch's point that Glennon went into a new offensive scheme and needed time to adjust/learn. Having the Bears sign him to a starter contract and then turn around in the draft and trade up for Trubisky is not the way to make a new QB confident and comfortable. That is along the same lines as Josh McDaniels backing out of the Colts HC job---only this time it was the team backing out of their commitment to the player.

Performance-wise, the numbers for each guy are pretty close for 2017.

I never said the Cards should sign him. I don't know what would happen if Glennon signed with the Cards . . . and neither do you.

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have Sunday ticket and saw him play a ton and I want Glennon as much as I want body lice lol. He is garbage

If you're lucky the Cards won't sign him and you'll figure a way to rid yourself of the body lice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave