If the season ended today, we would be drafting #12

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Falk is nice. If he puts a good finish on the season, I see him sneaking into the 1st round. He will shine in throwing drills.

As for the Cards, I'd be happy with a big WR or TE who can actually catch in the 1st round. Because if Fitz hangs em up, we are in dire straits!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think the best scouts would tell you that hitting a goo QB is a 50-50 proposition. Look at all the teams that passed on Dez round after round. The Boys took him only out of desperation.

This year's class is actually one of the better groups in recent years. Pool divides into 2 primary groups; pocket passers and mobile QBs. Obviously a few QBs transcend those lines. The top pocket passer is Trubisky. Watson is the top mobile guy, but does have a very strong arm.

If you look at Kiper's top 10 list he doesn't have Kelly (MS) who's a solid pocket passer prospect. He also doesn't have Flowers (USF) who might be the sleeper among the mobile QBs. He's a poor man's Wilson.

This draft will see the Cards take a QBOTF. It should be far more real a prospect than Logan Thomas. I think they will likely wait until the third or fourth round. I suspect Watson and Trubisky go before the Cards select. Maybe Kizer does as well, tough his stock seems to be dropping. Kaaya likely goes early round 2. He has a big arm, but accuracy on deep throws is an issue.

I would say this is an above average pool. The one thing I like to hear is that a QB is a student of the game. That's why I thought Bridgewater would succeed. Not picking up on this aspect is why Kurt Warner is missed. If the Cards do their homework they have a decent shot at a winner.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
LB Raekwon McMillan for tOSU is having a great game vs Michigan. He looks undersized but he has excellent burst.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
LB Raekwon McMillan for tOSU is having a great game vs Michigan. He looks undersized but he has excellent burst.
I started that bandwagon in another thread. 2nd round, hopefully.

Jerome Baker, when he comes out, is the best LB OSU has had in awhile. btw, just say no to Peppers from Michigan. I do like the QB Speight though.