If the season ended today, we would be drafting #12

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
While I'd much rather be talking playoffs than draft in December, I suppose there's a silver lining there somewhere. For a team with holes at quite a few positions, a top 15 pick could go a long way.

CB2
RG
QBOF -
Stanton is due $4Mil next year, if nothing else a young QB to groom and allow us to part ways with that cap figure would be nice
WR - Fitz can't play forever, Floyd is unreliable, JJ doesn't belong in the NFL & Brown is no more than a #3
ILB - Minter is so-so in my eyes
The entire special teams unit

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QB or ILB.

If we draft another OLineman in the first, I will be livid. At least wait until the 3rd round.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
#12 feels way too early for the QBs available. Itd be a huge overdraft. But then again, maybe im wrong and theres a franchise guy amongst them. Who knows.

#12 BPA (in order, IMO):

ILB Reuben Foster
CB Quincy Wilson
DL Malik Mcdowell
QB Deshone Kizer
ILB Zack Cunningham
CB/S Jabrill Peppers

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
#12 feels way too early for the QBs available. Itd be a huge overdraft. But then again, maybe im wrong and theres a franchise guy amongst them. Who knows.

#12 BPA (in order, IMO):

ILB Reuben Foster
CB Quincy Wilson
DL Malik Mcdowell
QB Deshone Kizer
ILB Zack Cunningham
CB/S Jabrill Peppers
The silver lining is if we lose out (and that is very possible) we will definitely land in the Top 10 and have a stronger talent pool to pick from.

Jalen Tabor
Demarcus Walker
Derek Barnett
Myles Garrett (with enough luck)

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

#12 BPA (in order, IMO):

ILB Reuben Foster
CB Quincy Wilson
DL Malik Mcdowell
QB Deshone Kizer
ILB Zack Cunningham
CB/S Jabrill Peppers

Great list. I love both of the ILB's. They are both legit three down players. I like Trubisky at QB and add WR M Williams. Plenty of options if we pick in the top 15.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The silver lining is if we lose out (and that is very possible) we will definitely land in the Top 10 and have a stronger talent pool to pick from.

Jalen Tabor
Demarcus Walker
Derek Barnett
Myles Garrett (with enough luck)

Garrett is #1 or #2 overall lock

And I would be excited, if not for the fact Keim has whiffed 2 drafts in a row. Maybe we pick #12 and Keim takes a RB. We'd be all like WHAT?!

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Depending on how high we pick, we could get a starting caliber CB in the second. Very strong class!

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Garrett is #1 or #2 overall lock

And I would be excited, if not for the fact Keim has whiffed 2 drafts in a row. Maybe we pick #12 and Keim takes a RB. We'd be all like WHAT?!

I would like us to take a RB in the middle rounds, so BA doesn't run DJ into the ground. But I wouldn't be in favor of taking one in the first.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right this very second, my 3 round mock draft (assuming we pick 12th in each round):

1. Reuben Foster ILB - Daryl Washington-esque in his abilities. Goodbye Minter.

2. Courtland Sutton WR. We desperately need to stock the WR fridge.

(This was an edit, my original #2 pick: Sidney Jones CB. Need a #2CB, altho Im worried Keim is committed to Branden Williams.)

3. Dan Feeney G. Big, safe, solid pick to be a very good starting G.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Right this very second, my 3 round mock draft (assuming we pick 12th in each round):

1. Reuben Foster ILB - Daryl Washington-esque in his abilities. Goodbye Minter.

2. Courtland Sutton WR. We desperately need to stock the WR fridge.

(This was an edit, my original #2 pick: Sidney Jones CB. Need a #2CB, altho Im worried Keim is committed to Branden Williams.)

3. Dan Feeney G. Big, safe, solid pick to be a very good starting G.

at the moment that looks solid but I am sure we will see QB's climbing everyones draft board between now and then.
I would be okay with WR, QB, OG in the first three honestly... don't see the birds picking a corner as they seem to be fixated on what they just drafted and we may as well see what another year does for them. They also look to fancy the ilb's we already have... Minter is getting a bit better in coverage but nothing will stop Deone from getting mauled by anything over 235 lbs...
might be an idea to bring in a guy like Foster to pair with Minter and see if Buchannon remembers how to play safety

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Given our schedule from here out... I think drafting in the top 10 could be very likely.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate losing. Keim hasn't shown an ability to draft a #1 anyway, so I'd rather just win out and pray.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we take the best available IL or CB with our first you won't hear any complaints from me.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We need a QB, and a off year is a god send for us to have a shot at Palmer's eventual replacement since we already have a lot in place... btw, I think Atlanta is going to kick our ass lol

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We need a QB, and a off year is a god send for us to have a shot at Palmer's eventual replacement since we already have a lot in place... btw, I think Atlanta is going to kick our ass lol

The problem is that I am hearing this isn't a QB laden draft but who knows.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't think there is a such thing as a "QB laden draft".

There's usually just 2 top highly coveted prospects (Kizer/Watson) with maybe a steal in the middle rounds. Almost every draft ever has been like that.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Might also consider a guy like Pettway from Auburn in the mid to late rounds if he declares...at 6 foot and 240 the dude packs a load as a ball carrier.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Don't think there is a such thing as a "QB laden draft".

There's usually just 2 top highly coveted prospects (Kizer/Watson) with maybe a steal in the middle rounds. Almost every draft ever has been like that.

Not unless it's 1983 all over again lol

If we get a top-10 pick, a QB had better damn well be a high consideration. The Browns are showing what happens when you have shots at QBs and don't take them in a QB-driven league.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Obviously, I want to WIN! That being said, drafting at the tail-end doesn't have nearly the excitement/drama as drafting in the top 10. Way more intrigue...suspense.

Have a GREAT day!

Mark :)

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Draft prognosticators have no clue what they're talking about. Seattle gets Wilson in what, the 3rd round, they elevate him to starter even though they just paid their QB millions in a trade. They scrap that and start Wilson. The rest is history. It all comes down to how you evaluate players once they hit the practice field.

We were all laughing, most of us, when Pete Carroll said they moved Russell up the depth chart, after trading for Flynn and paying him big bucks. Lol so funny, their ineptitude, that's what we were saying, go back and look at the posts on this forum. Then they elevated him to starter and we laughed our asses off.

Turns out he's good. Maybe we here in the valley don't know what the F we're talking about. We're evaluating talent from a base of suck. We criticize these other teams, but we're the ones losing consistently.

We're full of opinions here. But we don't know what winning looks like. From what I can gather on this forum, we don't like any winning teams, they either cheated or got ref calls or the league is fixed. That's a loser mentality. It's pathetic actually.

And another thing: if many other teams spouted how good they were and SB aspirations, a good coach would shut that down, and real fans, knowledgeable fans, would shut it down too, they'd point out our weaknesses. We did none of that. We went along like sheep. Because we have no clue what a SB team looks like or acts like.

K9 and some others were the exception (cheese and clown) telling everyone to pump the breaks. Never happened. Even now some stupid MFs are saying we'll win out. Ridic.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft prognosticators have no clue what they're talking about. Seattle gets Wilson in what, the 3rd round, they elevate him to starter even though they just paid their QB millions in a trade. They scrap that and start Wilson. The rest is history. It all comes down to how you evaluate players once they hit the practice field.

We were all laughing, most of us, when Pete Carroll said they moved Russell up the depth chart, after trading for Flynn and paying him big bucks. Lol so funny, their ineptitude, that's what we were saying, go back and look at the posts on this forum. Then they elevated him to starter and we laughed our asses off.

Turns out he's good. Maybe we here in the valley don't know what the F we're talking about. We're evaluating talent from a base of suck. We criticize these other teams, but we're the ones losing consistently.

We're full of opinions here. But we don't know what winning looks like. From what I can gather on this forum, we don't like any winning teams, they either cheated or got ref calls or the league is fixed. That's a loser mentality. It's pathetic actually.

And another thing: if many other teams spouted how good they were and SB aspirations, a good coach would shut that down, and real fans, knowledgeable fans, would shut it down too, they'd point out our weaknesses. We did none of that. We went along like sheep. Because we have no clue what a SB team looks like or acts like.

K9 and some others were the exception (cheese and clown) telling everyone to pump the breaks. Never happened. Even now some stupid MFs are saying we'll win out. Ridic.
Right , we have no clue about prospects, in particular about their personality , their eager to be professional and succesfull but we know if they have talent or not
What we aspect is a better job by keim evaluating those guys
Keim had a significant role here even before being the general manager
And the ineptitude evaluating qb's has him as main responsible

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right , we have no clue about prospects ", in particuoar about their personality , their eager to be professional but we know if they have talent or not
What we aspect is a better job by keim.evaluating those guys
Keim has a significant role here even before being general manager
And the ineptitude evaluating qb's has him as main responsible

Drafting a QB for the future isn't easy though. I don't lay that at Keim feet, it's hard.

But I do think he should stop drafting athletes and start drafting grinders like Chopper said. Grinders fill out your roster. Every SB team has grinders. And they're dudes who we all say aren't super talented or important, but you always see them making plays. They're there for the long haul, professional, they work hard.

Keim is focused on athletes too much and their attitude leaves a lot to be desired. I'd rather have mofos who want to work and grind out a 10 year career. They're not worried about SB or MVPs, they just come to work and grind out a day, every day, every month, every year. You have to fill your roster with those guys if you want to win.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This year's Goff that will be reached on is Luke Falk IMO. He'll kill all the throwing drills at his combine/pro day.