If the NFL is going to allow an alternative helmet...

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That is it and it is disgustingly hideous
I thought It was supposed to have a chrome Cardinal logo which would look awesome? This looks like some painted a old helmet and put a regular cardinals Logo which is what I'm hoping that it is not the actual helmet.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I thought It was supposed to have a chrome Cardinal logo which would look awesome? This looks like some painted a old helmet and put a regular cardinals Logo which is what I'm hoping that it is not the actual helmet.

It looks like a stylized 3-D effect on the logo...and, it's missing the white key line as well.

I actually kind of like the design as an alternate helmet. Certainly wouldn't want it full-time.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The logo is dimensional, which can be seen by the depth of crest flares on the far right. The helmet is also not a stationary object which can be fully judged by a upfront still shot since it is made to be part of an attire in movement for an athlete, the red speckled helmet changing its appearance as the light reflects on it from a far and the speckles becoming more of a unified effect opposed to a mere detail pattern observation on the close surface. Then one has to take into account that not only is the design meant to act from a far, but it is also meant to interact with the uniform as a whole

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the idea. Why not? It would be cool to have more designs on the helmet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The logo is dimensional, which can be seen by the depth of crest flares on the far right. The helmet is also not a stationary object which can be fully judged by a upfront still shot since it is made to be part of an attire in movement for an athlete, the red speckled helmet changing its appearance as the light reflects on it from a far and the speckles becoming more of a unified effect opposed to a mere detail pattern observation on the close surface. Then one has to take into account that not only is the design meant to act from a far, but it is also meant to interact with the uniform as a whole

I'm going to trust that it's some kind of magic helmet that looks better in real life than in photos.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JG, I'm cracking up. If all that explanation is necessary for someone to like the helmet, it's already a loss. I'm an immediate reaction kind of guy. Is the helmet nice or no. This is a flat out no for me. Respectfully, you sound like you're describing a Basquiat painting instead of an NFL helmet. Again, that's just my opinion good brother. No flame intended! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
JG, I'm cracking up. If all that explanation is necessary for someone to like the helmet, it's already a loss. I'm an immediate reaction kind of guy. Is the helmet nice or no. This is a flat out no for me. Respectfully, you sound like you're describing a Basquiat painting instead of an NFL helmet. Again, that's just my opinion good brother. No flame intended! :thumbup:
Impossible, Basquiat was more interested in coke and any element of design seldom applied to him lol

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now THIS is how you do it. Simple and effective. Texans should change to this full time.

You must be registered for see images attach

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm sure it looks much better in person. It's tough to judge from a photo. I went to a game at SDS against the Giants and I couldn't believe how much better their helmets looked in person. Since then Ive really liked the sparkled or metallic look.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I'm sure it looks much better in person. It's tough to judge from a photo. I went to a game at SDS against the Giants and I couldn't believe how much better their helmets looked in person. Since then Ive really liked the sparkled or metallic look.
The thing is the speckle effect is made to excel from a far and when in movement and it's really going to make the logo almost holographic setting up the dimensional qualities... the background allows the logo to almost float on the surface which I think is pretty cool

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, I’m not a fan of having the same color on a helmet be metallic on one part and non-metallic on another (the red on the logo). Looks mismatched to me.
I got you. That was the ONLY thing I hesitated on. What I appreciate is that they did not try to reinvent the wheel. Clean and crisp is the rule I live by for unis which is why our old fits were flat out among the top 3 in the NFL in my opinion. Some of the designs I saw suggested here for this helmet were doing 4 much!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave