If the Bears sign Kordell Stewart, would they draft Leftwich?

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan H
I would think no, but I don't know the team's needs.

I follow the Bears and Tribune close and they have made it clear they want to sign 2 QB's. I think there is at least a 50/50 chance they sign Leftwich if they sign Stewart. The Trib is saying they are very disappointed they did not get Plummer and need to sign Stewart promptly as the best of the QB's are going fast. They are on a QB hunt hard and heavy and I feal will make a substantial offer to Stewart. Some on our board find fault with stewart and anyone else we mention but guys we need someone better and more experienced that McCown and at this point I do not care who he is. There is no doubt in my mind we MUST obtain a QB in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft if we are to have any future at all. Next year is already in the dumps so think about the year after. Maybe Mac is gone and Graves will have figured out what year it is. If we start of next year with a 0/3 0/4 why would any fan go to a game. the best way to force the cards to do something is not go to the dam games. sure Bidwill will still make money but it should at least embarasss the entire organization. if i was Mac I would prefer to be an assistant on a reputable team than a loser on the laughing stock of the NFL>

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They've stated that they weren't interested in a QB in the first round before this week. Take that to mean what you will: is it smoke, or is it gospel?

A lot of mocks have Leftwich available at #6, unfortunately many of those mocks also have us passing on him.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we'll get a shot at drafting Wendell Bryant. Whoops! We did that aleady.

Sure seems that's how slow this club moves . . .

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Re: Re: If the Bears sign Kordell Stewart, would they draft Leftwich?

Originally posted by john h
I follow the Bears and Tribune close and they have made it clear they want to sign 2 QB's. I think there is at least a 50/50 chance they sign Leftwich if they sign Stewart. The Trib is saying they are very disappointed they did not get Plummer and need to sign Stewart promptly as the best of the QB's are going fast. They are on a QB hunt hard and heavy and I feal will make a substantial offer to Stewart. Some on our board find fault with stewart and anyone else we mention but guys we need someone better and more experienced that McCown and at this point I do not care who he is. There is no doubt in my mind we MUST obtain a QB in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft if we are to have any future at all. Next year is already in the dumps so think about the year after. Maybe Mac is gone and Graves will have figured out what year it is. If we start of next year with a 0/3 0/4 why would any fan go to a game. the best way to force the cards to do something is not go to the dam games. sure Bidwill will still make money but it should at least embarasss the entire organization. if i was Mac I would prefer to be an assistant on a reputable team than a loser on the laughing stock of the NFL>

I thought i read that the Bears where looking DT or DE with the 1st Round.Seems i read somewhere that the Bears are considering dumping Keith Traylor and are interested in a big DT to help out Urlacher.Heard that they might be iinterested in a 2nd RD QB-Chris Simms or Dave Ragone .
Disagree on next season being in the Dumper already but we each have our own opinions and i am not going to debate and get crucified for my opinion.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dan H
I would think no, but I don't know the team's needs.

Probably depends on how much money they pay Kordell. They may look for a guy to develop in Rd2 ro Rd3 instead....Ragone, Simms, Boller, etc.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Mike Heitz, Bears reporter

in my FF info league, the Bears reporter said the Bears did NOT offer Kordell Stewart a contract before he left Chicago today.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bears | Blake Visits with Team - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
17:53 PT: Updating previous reports, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Chicago Bears met with free agent QB Jeff Blake (Ravens) on Thursday and Bears officials are in preliminary talks about what it may take to sign him.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you listen carefully to the Graves interview, you'll hear him say that, ideally, he'd like to see Josh McCown paired up with a capable veteran QB - both competing to start.

Logically, this would mean not spending a #6 on Leftwich or any other QB.

Having said that - it wouldn't surprise me if the Cards spent a later pick on a QB who'd presumably duke it out with Parsons for #3 QB.

Problem is: as deep as the position is, there figures to be a run on the good ones (just as there probably will be a run on DT's) so that the good ones figure to be gone by the end of Round 2. Would the Cards want to use a #2 or a high #3 to draft someone like Ragone or Simms?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose