If MHJ is gone. What now?

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Take a look at Keon Coleman. I don’t like highlight reels of wr’s catching balls 3 yards beyond the defender.
The highlight reel I watched shows this kid catch contested catches one after another. One handed catches. Catching balls at the high point.
I’m no expert but he seems like the kind of Wr this team needs. Again, assuming MHJ is gone.
If a receiver struggles to get separation at the college level, how are they going to get separation at the Nfl level though?

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If a receiver struggles to get separation at the college level, how are they going to get separation at the Nfl level though?
Duly noted. Highlite reels are just that. However, he does seem to provide something we don’t have right now, a receiver that can fight and win the 50/50 contested battles.
Every player coming into the NFL is going to need to be coached up to some degree.
I’m nowhere near qualified to tell anybody who’s good and who isn’t. However, based on what I saw he certainly passed the eye test.
And if not him, there at some other Wr ranked above him too.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Take a look at Keon Coleman. I don’t like highlight reels of wr’s catching balls 3 yards beyond the defender.
The highlight reel I watched shows this kid catch contested catches one after another. One handed catches. Catching balls at the high point.
I’m no expert but he seems like the kind of Wr this team needs. Again, assuming MHJ is gone.
That means in college he gets no separation. His biggest weakness is his footwork. His NFL comps are Allen Robinson and Tee Higgins. I think he could be a good WR2, too bad we need a WR1. He could def be available with the Texans pick. He is in no way worth a top 5 pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm really not a Coleman fan. If I had to pick a WR to be the next N'Keal Harry it would be Coleman. I think Brian Thomas is better.

Honestly not sure I could describe why. As you say, his highlights are great (so were Harry's), but when I watch his none highlight film something bugs me.

Probably completely wrong.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Duly noted. Highlite reels are just that. However, he does seem to provide something we don’t have right now, a receiver that can fight and win the 50/50 contested battles.
Every player coming into the NFL is going to need to be coached up to some degree.
I’m nowhere near qualified to tell anybody who’s good and who isn’t. However, based on what I saw he certainly passed the eye test.
And if not him, there at some other Wr ranked above him too.

If you want that Odunze is better.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think MHJ is gone by 4.

Bears are going to trade out and they get a bigger haul from moving back a little more than they would from the Skins or Pats. Falcons, Vikings, Giants are all trade up contenders.

Even if they did I don't see the Bears as MHJ favorites. They have Moore and he's a true WR1. Bears could get Nabers or Odunze at 10 to partner with Moore. Bears are far more in the market for DL and OL.

I think 1-3 all go QB.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If MHJ is gone, trade down and get more picks. He ends the elite status of prospects.
As for taking another OT, has a team ever taken back to back OT's within the top 6 of the draft. It may have happened but I don't recall it. There's a reason for that, because it's stupid and a waste of a top pick.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That means in college he gets no separation. His biggest weakness is his footwork. His NFL comps are Allen Robinson and Tee Higgins. I think he could be a good WR2, too bad we need a WR1. He could def be available with the Texans pick. He is in no way worth a top 5 pick.
Oh god no. I was thinking if he’s available with our 2nd round pick.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s weird, I wouldn’t compare allen Robinson and tee higgins to one and other.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
That’s weird, I wouldn’t compare allen Robinson and tee higgins to one and other.
Both are bigger guys and coming out of coming were known for their high pointing skill. They were both matchup nightmares in college due to their size. Keon is very good off of press coverage as was Allen Robinson but has the great ability to go up for the ball like Higgins.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Both are bigger guys and coming out of coming were known for their high pointing skill. They were both matchup nightmares in college due to their size. Keon is very good off of press coverage as was Allen Robinson but has the great ability to go up for the ball like Higgins.
Always considered robinson a top possession receiver and higgins a deep ball guy.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My diabolic side hopes a little that Harrison declare that he will go back to school, just to witness how this board will react. Sorry.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Humpries injury is serious, then we have to go OT.

It's a Torn ACL so I agree. If MHJ is wrong and nobody comes calling with an awesome trade down offer then I guess you stand pat and take Alt or Olu.

Olu is interesting he's huge, 2 year starter and hasn't allowed a sack in close to 2 years. Another neat thing on him he was a HS teammate of Caleb Williams.

I still want MHJ and you can make a strong argument for Nabers although I may actually favor Odunze over him because he's bigger, I just feel like Kyler is better throwing to bigger WR's. The one smaller Wr he's done well with was Kirk and they'd been on the same college team for a bit too so they knew each other well. Not that Nabers is small, just not as big as Odunze.

Alt is intriguing I think if his last name was Smith, he wouldn't be rated this high? There's just this impression his dad was great so he will be too. The other thing with him, opposite of Wr, Alt is 6'8" and you just don't see too many great OL's that are that tall, Ogden was an outlier and a freak athlete. Olu is 6'6" he's not short but guys as tall as Alt tend to "play high" and that can be an issue at tackle.

But if we don't get MHJ those are the 4 guys most likely to be in consideration IMO. We need a CB too and I like Kool Aid but I don't think it's clear cut he's good enough to go that high.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If MHJ is gone, my hope is:
1. Trade down.
2. OT
3. WR

DL with our second first round pick, unless we go WR with our first pick. Then we have to go OT with our second first rounder, and put off DT until Round Two.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everyone is going to lose their mind when MHJ is on the board at #4 and we trade back.
Not me. Because, even now I realize that Monti and his staff (Sears, et al) know a lot more than I do about the Draft. And, an extra benefit will be reading the posts of those who do lose their mind. :)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's a Torn ACL so I agree. If MHJ is wrong and nobody comes calling with an awesome trade down offer then I guess you stand pat and take Alt or Olu.

Olu is interesting he's huge, 2 year starter and hasn't allowed a sack in close to 2 years. Another neat thing on him he was a HS teammate of Caleb Williams.

I still want MHJ and you can make a strong argument for Nabers although I may actually favor Odunze over him because he's bigger, I just feel like Kyler is better throwing to bigger WR's. The one smaller Wr he's done well with was Kirk and they'd been on the same college team for a bit too so they knew each other well. Not that Nabers is small, just not as big as Odunze.

Alt is intriguing I think if his last name was Smith, he wouldn't be rated this high? There's just this impression his dad was great so he will be too. The other thing with him, opposite of Wr, Alt is 6'8" and you just don't see too many great OL's that are that tall, Ogden was an outlier and a freak athlete. Olu is 6'6" he's not short but guys as tall as Alt tend to "play high" and that can be an issue at tackle.

But if we don't get MHJ those are the 4 guys most likely to be in consideration IMO. We need a CB too and I like Kool Aid but I don't think it's clear cut he's good enough to go that high.
Would never draft a DB in the top 20… complete crap shoot w the exception being a Sauce Gardner. Far more fails than success stories

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard