IDAK Test

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Anyone ever taken an IDAK test? Just curious, someone I knew recommended it for me.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
It's sort of this huge personality / aptitude / interest / strength & weakness / career test. I'm a bit clueless about where I want to go next in my life, and my buddy said that he took this test back in the 80's, and it really helped him out.

It takes about 5 days to complete, and it's not cheap, from what I can tell.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's sort of this huge personality / aptitude / interest / strength & weakness / career test. I'm a bit clueless about where I want to go next in my life, and my buddy said that he took this test back in the 80's, and it really helped him out.

It takes about 5 days to complete, and it's not cheap, from what I can tell.

Well, if your buddy said it helped him, then maybe check it out.

I know my mom and I talked a few years back about personality/career tests. She took one (not a five-day expensive thing) and it said she should be a park ranger, a pretty solitary life. I took one and it said I should be a funeral director, working with the dead. She is a computer programmer and I teach special ed. She is happy. Me, not so much, lol.

I don't think I'll go into the funeral business, lol, but who knows? I think those tests are designed to test more of your strengths and attitudes toward things and give you some suggestions of areas to pursue. If you could use that advice and have the time and money, I say go for it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Well, if your buddy said it helped him, then maybe check it out.

I know my mom and I talked a few years back about personality/career tests. She took one (not a five-day expensive thing) and it said she should be a park ranger, a pretty solitary life. I took one and it said I should be a funeral director, working with the dead. She is a computer programmer and I teach special ed. She is happy. Me, not so much, lol.

I don't think I'll go into the funeral business, lol, but who knows? I think those tests are designed to test more of your strengths and attitudes toward things and give you some suggestions of areas to pursue. If you could use that advice and have the time and money, I say go for it.

I'm guessing that test will never crank out the idea to become a mortgage broker.

Unless you want to be hated by the entire universe, hunted to extintion by regulations and like having large sums of money appear and then vanish into the haze all cue'd to evil laughter.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that test will never crank out the idea to become a mortgage broker.

Unless you want to be hated by the entire universe, hunted to extintion by regulations and like having large sums of money appear and then vanish into the haze all cue'd to evil laughter.

I hear some people like that sort of thing. :)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any info on how/where to take this? I'm in the same boat... Looking to change careers.

EDIT: derrr, a simple search found info.

OP
OP
L

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Do you have any info on how/where to take this? I'm in the same boat... Looking to change careers.

EDIT: derrr, a simple search found info.

I haven't taken this test yet. I'm heading up to OR (they're based in Portland) in December, and may take the full blown week test, if they're still offering it.

If I do, I'll give you the summary, cost, and time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson