Ian Rapoport Dhop trade likely happening in the next ten days

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You keep him. Listen nfl is big business and let’s be honest we can atleast have a shot with him. Man you trade him and we are horribly bad and honestly rooting for this team gets harder and harder. It’s not a priority anymore. Can’t be giving up talented players. Yes if the trade is even or we get some good players or picks maybe. But man we can’t turn into the same
Ole Cardinals again. I can’t go through that again really. I’m sure a lot of us can’t.

Yeah... I mean, there isn't a lot you can do. He wants more money; he's been pretty clear about that. We're Keim'd into not being able to guarantee him more money without extending him, which means having his cap charge linger even further into the future.

This isn't a situation where a declining player is blocking someone younger (which happened with Fitz whether we like it or not for at least his last two seasons). I think that Hopkins can be a prime player for at least another two years.

It's just that the numbers don't really work out for us, and Hop is all about his money.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would Green Bay be a D Hop destination, if they want to give Love a chance? They just lost Lazard to the Jets.
He could be if they wanted. Especially depending on what compensation that they get for trading him to the Jets.

What a slap in the face it would be to Rodgers when he begged for WR talent for a decade.

I love it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Hop would have no interest in GB with Love at the helm. Hop has his eye on the HOF. He wants to play for a winner who has a QB. KC, Dallas, and even CLE are options.
You can rack up a lot of receiving yards as the best receiver on a bad team. Larry Fitzgerald will make the Hall of Fame after only playing on a couple of winning teams.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can rack up a lot of receiving yards as the best receiver on a bad team. Larry Fitzgerald will make the Hall of Fame after only playing on a couple of winning teams.
Facts… never understood the argument of playing with bad QBs… Many a HOF caliber receiver have put up hella stats with crap QBs. They usally have to throw twice as much. Lol

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hop would have no interest in GB with Love at the helm. Hop has his eye on the HOF. He wants to play for a winner who has a QB. KC, Dallas, and even CLE are options.
I think Love is legit but I doubt Hop wants to be in the cold 8+ games a year. Doesn’t strike me as that type of guy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Jane Slater reported that DHop desperately wants to play for the Boys and they are not pursuing him at least not yet. Maybe closer to the draft.

I hope Monti demands at least a 2 plus.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sanders said there may have been a brief window for the new staff to make their pitch to keep Hopkins, but a lethargic start to free agency made it clear the team is pivoting to a massive rebuild.

“They’re starting over, and he doesn’t need to be here,” Sanders said. “Look at our offensive line. Look at our team. Look at the quality of players we have. Look at what we’re doing in the offseason. You have to ask yourself, ‘Are you coming here to die?’ And I think DeAndre has another two or three years left in him, so that’s not the conversation.”

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Sanders said there may have been a brief window for the new staff to make their pitch to keep Hopkins, but a lethargic start to free agency made it clear the team is pivoting to a massive rebuild.

“They’re starting over, and he doesn’t need to be here,” Sanders said. “Look at our offensive line. Look at our team. Look at the quality of players we have. Look at what we’re doing in the offseason. You have to ask yourself, ‘Are you coming here to die?’ And I think DeAndre has another two or three years left in him, so that’s not the conversation.”
Ugh. Doesn’t Frank Sanders know it is only day 2 of free agency.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Sounds like Dhop's agent is doing his job.

Cards Crazy

Rookie
Reaction score
Been looking at Twitter all dau lots is speculation all over the place one plce almost makes some sense is the Pats of cpurse the Cowpokes are mentioned also

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

“They’re starting over, and he doesn’t need to be here,” Sanders said. “Look at our offensive line. Look at our team. Look at the quality of players we have. Look at what we’re doing in the offseason. You have to ask yourself, ‘Are you etc coming here to die?’ And I think DeAndre has another two or three years left in him, so that’s not the conversation.”
Frank is so damn negative. We are starting the perfect rebuild.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Larry played on a Cardinal team that won 4 playoff games in 2 years during the Wiz era & then played on 3 Cardinal teams that had double digit wins during BA era. That’s way more than just a couple winning teams & it’s a far cry where this team currently is.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Love is legit but I doubt Hop wants to be in the cold 8+ games a year. Doesn’t strike me as that type of guy.
Agree. He’s a guy from South Carolina, so maybe we trade him to Carolina after Carolina picks the best QB in the draft.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably didn't hurt Larry's HOF chances when he set so many receiving records when Arizona did reach the SB. And if had a Joe Montana or Steve Young throwing to him, he might have ended up with more catches than Jerry Rice. JMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose