I want to check something

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have any of you been over to the other suns message board www.phxsuns.net? I want to see how myopic the people are her vs. over there. Would you trade - and I know this will NEVER happen - but would you trade Amare for Tim Duncan straight up?

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay - good - there is an acceptable level of sanity here. It's one thing to be a homer and I love Stouds and think he could be one of the greats of all-time (even that phrase makes me think I'm too big of a homer) - but Duncan is the best big man in the game. This series is gonna freaking rock! BRING IT ON! GO SUNS!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be thrilled if Amare develops into a Duncan. Duncan already is Duncan, so trade, yes. Take the sure thing over the risk.

Duncan is also solid as a person. No worries there. I like Amare--its his mother that scares me.

I'm happy with Amare though.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudemire? I would make that trade also (without having to consider salary of course).

I love Amare Stoudemire, but KG and TD are two of the top three big men in the NBA today.

Joe Mama

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
What about Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudemire? I would make that trade also (without having to consider salary of course).

I love Amare Stoudemire, but KG and TD are two of the top three big men in the NBA today.

Joe Mama

But I think that you have to consider salary....it is a very real part of a player. And frankly I can think of ten players I would take over Garnett, but that really is only because of his salary.

OP
OP
Cheesebeef

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
No question.

Anyone who says other wise should go and write a Phoenix Suns version of the Iliad!

or start posting Suns threads on the cardinals board!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Would you trade - and I know this will NEVER happen - but would you trade Amare for Tim Duncan straight up?

GO AWAY YOU FREAKING SPURS TROLL!!!!!

(Just kidding. :p )

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama

Joe Mama

if i would do TD i would definitely do KG. I like his passion, he desire to win a championship. I am not saying that TD doesnt have the same things, but KG just shows his emotion a lot more. If KG was signed when in the current CBA, making his and Duncans contract similar, I would take KG.

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
Duncan or Stoudemire?

Duncan, no brainer.

Stoudemire or KG?

Tough call, I would probably keep Stoudemire since he showed better potential than KG already as a rookie. Remember KG could ask 30 millions a year if he wants to. Stoudemire don't make 3 or 4 millions until his next contract.

Duncan or KG?

Duncan, easy. I believe Duncan can make no more than 20 millions for his next contract. (35% of entire salary cap or 25% increase from previous contract? I maybe wrong) If they have the same salary, I will still pick Duncan over KG.

Not that KG isn't a great player, he is top 3. however, you have to be sure you will win the championship if you are going to pay someone 30 millions a year which is 10+ millions more than other top players.

Last edited:

notakiddfan1

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't do that trade. I mean, Duncan was last year's MVP, and Amare may never be an MVP in this league at all, but there are a number of reasons I'd keep Amare over Timmy D.

First, it's the excitement factor. Obviously, if Tim duncan brings W's, then that's exciting, but by I'd say that on the old excitement list, watching Duncan play, grass grow and paint dry are right there near the bottom together. Now, I appreciate other parts of the game other than "slam dunks" but Stoudemire doesn't just dunk the ball. What he does is a whole new thing.

Second, it's just the personel we have on the team. Amare and Marbury works. Duncan and Marbury really doesn't. They might play well together, but Steph and Amare have the chance to be something special together. Steph and Duncan isn't like the odd couple with oscar and felix, it's more like oscar and.. well, steph..

Lastly is sheer talent that Amare has. He may not be Tim Duncan caliber yet, but he's a once in 20 years kind of guy. He's the most powerful player to be drafted since Shaquille O'neal, and as far as big men go, he's one of the quickest too. I'd love to see Amare have a jumper, but the fact that he doesn't almost makes me like him more. It's funny, Tim Duncan has 20 moves downlow, so you really don't know what he's going to do. That's how he scores. Amare has 2 moves. Either he goes right all the way, or he takes one dribble right and spins left towards the basket. Even still, nobody can stop him straight up. The guy averages 13.5 points, 9 boards this year. Imagine him 3 years from now! And you would trade him for Tim "don't fall asleep there's a game going on" duncan? Please!

SUTTILL

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess I'm out to lunch, but I would stick with Amare. The potential is too much, plus the chemistry he is develping with our other young guys could give us a championship in a few years.

PhiLLmattiC

Last of a Dying Breed
Reaction score
Why not trade amare for tim duncan and then trade the rest of the personel for people who can play around duncan? Just an idea in a response for notakiddfan1's response. Yeah i'd probably trade for tim duncan but while we on the topic of trades taht will never ever happen how bout a trade for shaq. Would anyone trade amare for shaq? Theres a lot of reasons why I wouldn't and i'm sure you guys will list them, but I think I'd do the trade anyway.

SUTTILL

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe I'm not out to lunch. Amare is outscoring TD. And by the way, nice 3 pointer Amare!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard