I thought Arians was a crap play caller.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We can bend on a lot. Eh, give him time. Eh, his coach sucks. Eh, he gets rushed. Yes, I argue against the excuses a lot, but there are some excuses to be had.

Nothing excuses that play. That is not a leader nor a player I want on my team.
I’ve always said I want to see Kyler under an NFL-level coach and if we see same things it’s time to move on.

You guys don’t understand how poorly Kliff is regarded in football circles.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You saw it. You know the truth. It's not like I'm shouting it in his face IRL. I don't know how that play doesn't boil any Cards fan's blood.
I saw it. I’m not going to call an athlete of any kind, especially a one that plays football, “weak”, “soft”, or “has no heart”. I admit I was disappointed.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can bend on a lot. Eh, give him time. Eh, his coach sucks. Eh, he gets rushed. Yes, I argue against the excuses a lot, but there are some excuses to be had.

Nothing excuses that play. That is not a leader nor a player I want on my team.

I could excuse it if he ever owned it, which he won't.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve always said I want to see Kyler under an NFL-level coach and if we see same things it’s time to move on.

Well Kyler could take his craft more seriously Over last 4 years and improved in spite of this coaching staff. Simple plays like sliding in bounds on 2 minute drill and others don’t require Kliff to tell him he shouldn’t do it. He should know that from his HS playing days.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t buy this crap at all.

I don’t believe Kyler need some “hard-ass” HC. He just needs a HC that has diversity in his playbook. Mike McDaniel has turned Tua’s career because of his unpredictable offense(though it helps having Tyreek & Waddle) & Mike McDaniel is far from a hard-ass. Hell, any QB needs that.
The personalities would clash big time. Has nothing to do with what you believe Kyler needs.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The personalities would clash big time. Has nothing to do with what you believe Kyler needs.
Based off of what? Because you think Kyler needs a drill sergeant as HC? Bruce could run literally the same offense Kliff runs & nothing would change.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Based off of what? Because you think Kyler needs a drill sergeant as HC? Bruce could run literally the same offense Kliff runs & nothing would change.
Based off of Arians not coddling him. KM couldn’t handle a coach getting in his face on the sidelines after a major screw up. I never said what he needs. I am offering my opinion on what would happen with him and Arians. It wouldn’t end well in my opinion.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

All football circles or NFL circles?

I have little doubt that the NFL blue bloods and new owners laugh at Michael.

OP
OP
S

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yea completely lost me at “ok making excuses for Kyler” smh
Fair enough, but what I see, Is a guy who knows his line is total ****... trying to run the **** play his coach asked for.

Everyone knows the line is ****.... and the defense's only real fear... Is the midget taking off running.

Unless Kyler is just taking his preseason role as playcaller way too literally, and ignoring Kliff's calls completely, tell me with a straight face, anything about this offensive game plan was anything other than total ****.

No screen game, no naked bootlegs.... Keeping old man Skillet as a main target... etc... etc..

OP
OP
S

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I edited out your final comment. Jim was the one who wanted the language filter.

He was also the one who gave a free day from the cursing ban after a loss.

Right now you are fine. Please don't make a bad day worse
I cleaned it up for you, so it's not so horribly out of context for Shaggy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bidwill should have hired Lincoln Riley when they decided to draft Kyler. No it’s not a guarantee he would’ve worked out but he’s the guy who developed him for 3 years and knew him best. Kingsbury said himself he came in with the idea to develop Rosen. Kliff’s offense is a bad fit for Kyler.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m not going to call an athlete, especially a football athlete, a “punk-ass”. Not sure who are we as fans to say that.

Will say I was disappointed in that though.
Eh maybe we shouldn’t but I’d bet other pros would. It’s all relative.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh maybe we shouldn’t but I’d bet other pros would. It’s all relative.
Exactly. They’re not fans. They’re athletes & knows the grind, short & long-term health risks that comes along with it.

I dislike Isabella as a player a lot, but I will never say he has no heart or is soft. Imagine you being a professional athlete & some fan on his couch with a beer & wings calling you that. Athletes obviously shouldn’t care, but as other fans like me, I believe it’s lame & pathetic as hell.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Exactly. They’re not fans. They’re athletes & knows the grind, short & long-term health risks that comes along with it.

I dislike Isabella as a player a lot, but I will never say he has no heart or is soft. Imagine you being a professional athlete & some fan on his couch with a beer & wings calling you that. Athletes obviously shouldn’t care, but as other fans like me, I believe it’s lame & pathetic as hell.
If you take any notice at all, you're not much of a professional. If you care, you're not much of a professional either. If you're an NFL player, it is baseline to know you're going to get that and much worse criticism. Comes with the territory. As long as they're not harassing you IRL it is a complete non-issue.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you take any notice at all, you're not much of a professional. If you care, you're not much of a professional either. If you're an NFL player, it is baseline to know you're going to get that and much worse criticism. Comes with the territory. As long as they're not harassing you IRL it is a complete non-issue.
Comes with the territory of what exactly?

If you’re not going to say it IRL, why say it at all?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Comes with the territory of what exactly?

If you’re not going to say it IRL, why say it at all?
This is a strange take from a fan on a message board lol Why even have a message board, by this rationale? Lame.

Comes with the territory of being an NFL player, obviously.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose