I thought Arians was a crap play caller.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bruce gave me several head scratchers with his play calling, 3rd and inches? Oh yeah... that's a fly route! no question.

As much as I want to be equally pissed at Murray, I'm really not..... playcalling is so atrocious, I'm still ok making excuses for Kyler.

His strength, is runs here and there, That set up his passing game...But save for a few read-option plays, that are horribly predictable, using him as a runner, on designed plays... has been almost non-existent.

Not kicking the FG to make it an 8 point game, is unforgivable.

The defense is mediocre at best.... I get that.... but they rarely get a chance to catch their breath the way this offense operates.

I can't believe Jr signed Kliff and Steve to extensions.... Neither one of them came close to deserving it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bruce gave me several head scratchers with his play calling, 3rd and inches? Oh yeah... that's a fly route! no question.

As much as I want to be equally pissed at Murray, I'm really not..... playcalling is so atrocious, I'm still ok making excuses for Kyler.

His strength, is runs here and there, That set up his passing game...But save for a few read-option plays, that are horribly predictable, using him as a runner, on designed plays... has been almost non-existent.

The defense is mediocre at best.... I get that.... but they rarely get a chance to catch their breath the way this offense operates.

I can't believe Jr signed Kliff and Steve to extensions.... Neither one of them came close to deserving it.
I dont' really know how to respond to this that won't come off like a personal attack. This is a really uninformed take.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Imagine thinking Bruce Arians sucks as a play caller and still believing it.

Then imagine still voicing opinions about playcalling after that.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They wouldn’t last the four weeks.
I don’t buy this crap at all.

I don’t believe Kyler need some “hard-ass” HC. He just needs a HC that has diversity in his playbook. Mike McDaniel has turned Tua’s career because of his unpredictable offense(though it helps having Tyreek & Waddle) & Mike McDaniel is far from a hard-ass. Hell, any QB needs that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I don’t believe Kyler need some “hard-ass” HC. He just needs a HC that has diversity in his playbook. Mike McDaniel has turned Tua’s career because of his unpredictable offense(though it helps having Tyreek & Waddle) & Mike McDaniel is far from a hard-ass. Hell, any QB needs that.
Yeah but Tia was on his last chance as an NFL starter and the expectations were extremely low. How much do you know about Tuas high school superlatives? How often does he mention it in contemporary interviews?

Desperation can make excellence. The Kliff and Kyler relationship is probably toxic for both but we’re signed up for at least two more years of it.

Kliff ran a pretty wide open offense at Tech. Did he lose that playbook in the move to Paradise Valley?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff ran a pretty wide open offense at Tech. Did he lose that playbook in the move to Paradise Valley?
No he didn’t.

It’s literally the same thing. Only difference is the hash-marks are wider & Pat was just ab-libbing just like Kyler is.

WRs staying on one side. No motion. None of that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Kyler needs get his punk ass off our team. I will never, ever forgive him for sliding in bounds in the midst of the hurry up offense. Never. That shows how little he cares and how scared he is of getting hit. Kyler needs to man up and grow up.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler needs get his punk ass off our team. I will never, ever forgive him for sliding in bounds in the midst of the hurry up offense. Never. That shows how little he cares and how scared he is of getting hit. Kyler needs to man up and grow up.

Yeah it was a weak ass move. He's regressed

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not going to call an athlete, especially a football athlete, a “punk-ass”. Not sure who are we as fans to say that.

Will say I was disappointed in that though.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah it was a weak ass move. He's regressed
We can bend on a lot. Eh, give him time. Eh, his coach sucks. Eh, he gets rushed. Yes, I argue against the excuses a lot, but there are some excuses to be had.

Nothing excuses that play. That is not a leader nor a player I want on my team.

Stout

Reaction score
I’m not going to call an athlete, especially a football athlete, a “punk-ass”. Not sure who are we as fans to say that.

Will say I was disappointed in that though.
I'll call anyone I see acting like a punk-ass a punk-ass. And he sure in the heck filled those shoes today.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea completely lost me at “ok making excuses for Kyler” smh

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose