I think our pick is Chaisson

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
He really wasn't on my radar but this makes total sense to me now.

What is the premium position in the NFL outside of QB? Pass rusher.

We are all arguing about OT, WR, or maybe DT but the answer seems to be OLB.

Chaisson didn't have the production you would expect from a top 10 pick but lets look at it in a different way...

Freshman - Played in all 12 games/started 3. Got 2 sacks and 27 tackles.
Sophomore - 5 tackles, 1 sack, and 1 TFL but tore ACL in first game (4th Qtr)

How long does it take to recover from an ACL?

Junior - Let's focus on the last 4 (and biggest) games of the season (more healthy?)
20 pressures - 5 sacks - 4 hits - 11 hurries - 4.5 tackles for loss - 18 tackles

That is huge.

Dude has a motor, sets the edge vs run, and can rush the passer. He needs to learn more pass rush moves but who better to tutor him than Chandler Jones.

I think this kid could have Simmons type impact on our defense.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
God no. I wouldn’t touch him before 15

Boom or bust

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really like Chaisson. LSU always has one kid who is an athletic freak and Chaisson is the latest in a long line. I watch a bunch of SEC games and he definitely stands out. The really exciting part of his game is the ability to both rush and drop into coverage. Chaisson has that unique ability to shorten the curve to the QB. That being said, I would be totally shocked if he is picked that high. Maybe in a trade down, but not at #8.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not gambling on him. I'd be pissed. As I said in the thread about Chase Young, we just gave Devon Kennard a decently sized contract.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's basically a 1 year contract. Smokescreen?

You must be registered for see images attach

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Not gambling on him. I'd be pissed. As I said in the thread about Chase Young, we just gave Devon Kennard a decently sized contract.
I watched few highlights of young and he destroyed some under matched colleges. Then I watched on YouTube everyone oh his snaps vs Clemson. He was pretty much shut down by both clemsons tackles.

Not saying I wouldnt love to have young on our team, he had great production overall. But he doesnt have chiasson motor, leadership, ability to drop in coverage or athleticism.
I think young will be a 43 de while chiasson will be a 34 olb. As I said in the other thread. I dont think any player will have a bigger year 1 impact on our team than chaisson.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I would urge people at this time of the year to stop overthinking things.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I watched few highlights of young and he destroyed some under matched colleges. Then I watched on YouTube everyone oh his snaps vs Clemson. He was pretty much shut down by both clemsons tackles.

Not saying I wouldnt love to have young on our team, he had great production overall. But he doesnt have chiasson motor, leadership, ability to drop in coverage or athleticism.
I think young will be a 43 de while chiasson will be a 34 olb. As I said in the other thread. I dont think any player will have a bigger year 1 impact on our team than chaisson.

Well, I'm not stumping for Young either. I don't think we can go get him. Too much to give up.

As far as Chaisson goes, with your last comment, I'd rather have someone who is going to help us long term. We're not in win now mode - that'll be next year or even the year after that.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Miami decides to take Simmons or whoever at 5 and then wants to trade up to 8 for Herbert? Sure.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we trade down it's Kinlaw, Chaisson, or one of the OTs if they are still on the board.

I'm fine with a trade down

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
If they trade back some and take KC, I'll be cool w/ it. I forgot about that weird contract for Kennard. Just don't leave Brown on the board!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Except with very high character! Something the Cards value quite highly.

Right now he's ranked #6 at NFL.com., next guy at #7 is Wills.

Aldon Smith is exactly who Zerlein comps him to also.

Aldon Smith was horrible. When he didn’t have Justin Smith in front of him eating up blocks he was helpless

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Aldon Smith was horrible. When he didn’t have Justin Smith in front of him eating up blocks he was helpless

well it’s a good thing the Cardinals have a pass rusher that is better than Justin Smith!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would urge people at this time of the year to stop overthinking things.

agreed

We should take Chaisson or Thomas (move DJ to RT). Or Okudah if he falls. Take elite talent at elite position.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Chaisson is not in the top tier of talent this year. 2nd tier for sure. By virtue of our recent suckage, we've earned the right to take a top talent.

As a matter of fact I watched with interest at all the film showing Chaisson shut way down by Thomas and Wills this year.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chaisson is not in the top tier of talent this year. 2nd tier for sure. By virtue of our recent suckage, we've earned the right to take a top talent.

As a matter of fact I watched with interest at all the film showing Chaisson shut way down by Thomas and Wills this year.

try watching all of the film

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score

He is a top tier talent. And vs bama he had 10 tackles, also forced 1 holding and 1 false start, had 5 pressures on the qb.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nobody in the top10 had a worse full game tape than Wills v Michigan. It wasn’t close. Watching that game and he’s not even draftable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose