"I have made some mistakes and I am going to adjust to what we have"

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This is all we want to hear from you Ken. Anyone think that we will hear it before the end of the season?

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't think so but will here some kind of mea culpa after the season.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Won't ever happen. Guy cannot accept any blame when things go wrong.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Just pointing out how little that we are asking for as fans. We have had some pretty dire situations as Card Fans. But I don't think that I have ever been so disappointed in a coach's character

A little humility would solve everything. But he wont do it

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I am going to adjust to what we have

So he is going to forfeit every game ?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
To be honest, you're not going to find very many coaches in any level of coaching admit publicly their shortcomings ; even the elite ones. It's just their personality. All you can do is hope he is cognoscente of the problem and has (at this point) an understanding of how to right the ship next season.

I am confident Whis will make appropriate changes after the season, but to some, he needs to change it overnight. Not going to happen. Any of hope of success needs to be halted. Wait til next season to reevaluate him

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
To be honest, you're not going to find very many coaches in any level of coaching admit publicly their shortcomings ; even the elite ones. It's just their personality. All you can do is hope he is cognoscente of the problem and has (at this point) an understanding of how to right the ship next season.

I am confident Whis will make appropriate changes after the season, but to some, he needs to change it overnight. Not going to happen. Any of hope of success needs to be halted. Wait til next season to reevaluate him

I know you are right. Its just tough to throw in the towel this early in the season when you care so much. But I sure would love to see some adjustments in the gameplan that give us a little more hope

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I dunno

two calls I didnt like

3rd and 1 just before the half and they throw. You are getting 5+ a carry -- I thought you run, get your first down and move on from there.

Later in the game, the third and 2 -- I wanted another run. That being said, a well designed play that DA couldnt get to Fitz from 5 yards.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I personally don't care what he, Graves or the FO says in a press conference...I'm more concerned in how they collectively handle the off season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Baloney. Good coaches--not even great ones, but good ones--make adjustments in-season and find a way to win some games. I'm not asking for greatness or even the playoffs at this point. It is NOT too hard to ask a coach to make changes in-season to achieve a minimal level of competence.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I personally don't care what he, Graves or the FO says in a press conference...I'm more concerned in how they collectively handle the off season.

THIS. He doesn't have to say squat, he can admit mistakes by his actions. Hire an OC, fire Davis hire a good DC and cut Anderson this offseason and his actions will speak volumes.

TJ

Reaction score
Baloney. Good coaches--not even great ones, but good ones--make adjustments in-season and find a way to win some games. I'm not asking for greatness or even the playoffs at this point. It is NOT too hard to ask a coach to make changes in-season to achieve a minimal level of competence.

What can we do? We have crappy personnel at key positions, which cannot be fixed with the snap of a finger. We have coaches who need to either be fired now or fired in the offseason and the worst QB situation in the league.

Whis tried to make an adjustment at QB mid season and it blew up in his face. The pieces dont fit. Its just that simple. Its gonna take an offseason to fix. I dont get why you dont understand this.

Ill admit Whis is responsible for most of this mess, but you have to give the man the opportunity to fix it. Firing him now is not the answer and anyone who thinks otherwise just does not understand how football operates administratively

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

yep --big time

at this point, talk is simply that. If Ken W and his staff had it in them to turn DA into a winning Qb, it would have happened (or at least shown signs of it happening). If Bill Davis had the answer scheme wise for this defense, he would have done it already. The team and coaches are what they are for 2010.

The FO nickle and dimed its way through the offseason (like 25 other front offices) given the labor uncertainty.

How they respond this offseason will really tell the tale.

Its easy coming off of two division titles to overestimate talent at certain spots and overestimate your ability to plug young guys into holes and have it work.

Stout

Reaction score
What can we do? We have crappy personnel at key positions, which cannot be fixed with the snap of a finger. We have coaches who need to either be fired now or fired in the offseason and the worst QB situation in the league.

Whis tried to make an adjustment at QB mid season and it blew up in his face. The pieces dont fit. Its just that simple. Its gonna take an offseason to fix. I dont get why you dont understand this.

Ill admit Whis is responsible for most of this mess, but you have to give the man the opportunity to fix it. Firing him now is not the answer and anyone who thinks otherwise just does not understand how football operates administratively

You're clearly not keeping up with this conversation. I'm not an advocate of firing Whiz. I'm not saying he can coach us to the playoffs or to .500 either. I'm just saying he needs to make changes, drastic changes, that can get us to at least a competetive level of ineptitude.

Look, we're what, 3-7 now? If he doesn't make some changes, the chances are good we'll be 3-13. So, yeah, I think we can make enough changes to win games against the likes of the Whiners and Panthers, both of whom we play down the stretch.

Start making examples on this team, and start owning up to your own problems. Tell the FO to cut Anderson and go sign a vet street FA (Garcia is either available now or will be soon), then start getting Skelton reps in practice. Go with the street FA and Skelton down the stretch. Anderson is worse than Hall was, but clearly Hall isn't the guy either.

Pass on play calling duties to Miller or Grimm. I think those guys are the two assistant HCs, right? Whiz can't do this task, obviously, so he needs to own up to it and do what he can, mid-season, to fix it.

Bench players. Anyone and everyone that lags, dogs it or doesn't try sits.

Fire your DC and promote someone on the staff to the position. Yeah, or defense probably won't be much better, but it promotes accountability.

The bottom line is to shake up the team, show the players you are trying to fix it, and light a fire under them. Will it make us good? No, we won't be good at this point, but it will make us much, much more competetive. We still won't have a good QB situation so we won't win much, but I guarantee you we'd win a game or two more.

TJ

Reaction score
You're clearly not keeping up with this conversation. I'm not an advocate of firing Whiz. I'm not saying he can coach us to the playoffs or to .500 either. I'm just saying he needs to make changes, drastic changes, that can get us to at least a competetive level of ineptitude.

Look, we're what, 3-7 now? If he doesn't make some changes, the chances are good we'll be 3-13. So, yeah, I think we can make enough changes to win games against the likes of the Whiners and Panthers, both of whom we play down the stretch.

Start making examples on this team, and start owning up to your own problems. Tell the FO to cut Anderson and go sign a vet street FA (Garcia is either available now or will be soon), then start getting Skelton reps in practice. Go with the street FA and Skelton down the stretch. Anderson is worse than Hall was, but clearly Hall isn't the guy either.

Pass on play calling duties to Miller or Grimm. I think those guys are the two assistant HCs, right? Whiz can't do this task, obviously, so he needs to own up to it and do what he can, mid-season, to fix it.

Bench players. Anyone and everyone that lags, dogs it or doesn't try sits.

Fire your DC and promote someone on the staff to the position. Yeah, or defense probably won't be much better, but it promotes accountability.

The bottom line is to shake up the team, show the players you are trying to fix it, and light a fire under them. Will it make us good? No, we won't be good at this point, but it will make us much, much more competetive. We still won't have a good QB situation so we won't win much, but I guarantee you we'd win a game or two more.

You need to give examples of how we are going to be more competitive. Like I said. We just dont have the pieces right now to do so, even on the bench. The most apparent is at QB, but there is no guarantee there will be success.

The only change I think will pay immediate returns would be to fire the DC. I think it provides new perspective, new plays and a psychological boost to that side of the ball. The crux of the situation is our offense is so bad that it keeps our defense on the field more than they should be.

Stout

Reaction score
You need to give examples of how we are going to be more competitive. Like I said. We just dont have the pieces right now to do so, even on the bench. The most apparent is at QB, but there is no guarantee there will be success.

The only change I think will pay immediate returns would be to fire the DC. I think it provides new perspective, new plays and a psychological boost to that side of the ball. The crux of the situation is our offense is so bad that it keeps our defense on the field more than they should be.

*sigh* I cannot be any more clear. You yourself highlighted my point exactly--we need to get a psychological boost...you know, the kind of things that good coaches do? I gave you a laundry list of things that the coach could do to shake up the roster, show the players it is inexcusable to give poor effort, and light a fire under those players to try as hard as possible...all things that the coach can do to light a fire and give the team a psychological boost.

If Whiz doesn't do that, then he's failing to do something IN SEASON to help make the team better.

Ya get it now?

TJ

Reaction score
*sigh* I cannot be any more clear. You yourself highlighted my point exactly--we need to get a psychological boost...you know, the kind of things that good coaches do? I gave you a laundry list of things that the coach could do to shake up the roster, show the players it is inexcusable to give poor effort, and light a fire under those players to try as hard as possible...all things that the coach can do to light a fire and give the team a psychological boost.

If Whiz doesn't do that, then he's failing to do something IN SEASON to help make the team better.

Ya get it now?

Look dude. I get it. You are upset and want to trade our entire team for another team. This isnt Madden where you can just plug and play new players. We dont have the pieces right now on the bench. Simple. There is one thing we can do right now and Im not even sure that'll work. We also have tried to make adjustments at QB. That failed. There is not much we can do to be honest.

I think you need to be clearer about the situation rather than running on pure emotion, which is your M.O.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, he made a surprising comment, but it wasn't what you were looking for.

“We’re not a real confident team right now,” Whisenhunt said.

This is obviously true, but it's still kind of odd to see the coach say it. On a team built almost entirely around intangibles, you wouldn't think confidence would be much of a problem.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Intangibles we have, plenty of it, there's some force that prevents us from hitting a wide open WR, I can't see what it is, can't touch it, but it's there.

Stout

Reaction score
Look dude. I get it. You are upset and want to trade our entire team for another team. This isnt Madden where you can just plug and play new players. We dont have the pieces right now on the bench. Simple. There is one thing we can do right now and Im not even sure that'll work. We also have tried to make adjustments at QB. That failed. There is not much we can do to be honest.

I think you need to be clearer about the situation rather than running on pure emotion, which is your M.O.

I laid out, in detail, material changes the coach can make to help put fire in this team. You're either too dull or too obstinate to actually read them. They aren't Madden changes and it won't make us a winning team, or anything close to it. Fire, energy and motivation, brought about by a coach willing to make changes and hold players and coaches accountable, can bring us a victory or two more.

Before you parrot "but you didn't say what changes"--look back, read, and realize that I already did.