I’m Still Confused

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard the same buzz from a few personnel people. No one attributed to any specific source.

I would think it's as simple as history with him and his dad. Dad maneuvered between 2 sports, got paid to play college football etc. Then kid goes to 1 school, leaves for another, drafted in baseball he's committed then he's not he's a football player. He MAY actually now want to be a QB and work out great but I think high maintenance can be as simple as his resume to now.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
You're kidding, right. Everything about this kid says my way or the highway. He'll pick and choose whatever he wants to do or not do, no matter what is expected.

Agreed. There is rumors that he wouldn't sign a no baseball claus until the last second, when the cardinals said they would go another direction he gave in. Basically screwing us in any chance we had at trading Rosen before the draft. We lost all leverage the second we picked Murray.

I think it was a mistake and disagree with it. There will now be a ton of pressure on this team to do something. I predict another long season. And a big learning curve for Murray. This kid better be as good as Kliff thinks. I will just take the wait and see approach.

Keim proved yesterday he is incompetent and may be the worst GM in the league. Anything under 6 wins and he better be fired, which i fully expect.

We are now officially the cleveland browns.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Hindsight is so sweet. Could've announced Murray a week or two ago. But then what? Rosen's value would've been where it is right now long before the draft. Nobody is trading away significant value for a known - albeit talented - commodity after a horrible rookie year, when this is a really deep draft in terms of talent. Unfortunately a fairly early QB run didn't materialize. After Murray there wasn't a clearcut top QB. Daniel Jones was a Giants love affair but would probably have slipped to their #17 pick anyway. Haskins wasn't as highly regarded as many thought. Had someone jumped in front of the Giants anticipating they want Haskins, the market for Rosen would've been better.

In the end all that matters if KK brings the best out of Murray. If this happens, I don't care about sunk cost, QB controversy and so on.

I don’t agree and I think you’ll see articles saying this is partly why the Cards blew it.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it is ok, the Cardinals don't owe you a detailed explanation even if you and some others who show an irrational disdain towards Murray seem to think they are entitled to it.
Oh, no, slin! Has Murray become your new Marquise Chriss? :p

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05