I’m not convinced….

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I hope Kliff learned some things this game. Like I dunno, you may have one of the most elite playmakers in QB history. Let him rip. Don’t over think it coach.
Kyler has admitted that he doesn’t even run the plays Kliff calls at times. I don’t believe Kyler is as restricted as you feel he is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one thing I'm taking from this game is the team, and Kyler especially, showed guts under pressure. Something neither have really done before.

We usually win comfortably or lose comfortably.
Yup. I’ve been banging that front runner thing about this team as a major negative for the last couple years.

Yesterday was really the first time I’ve seen them get knocked down and knocked down HARD, pick themselves up, fight to the end and actually pull out a crazy win even after some breaks didn’t go their way (dropped Green TD, the first 4th and goal that was unsuccessful with no flags, missing one fumble, and then an interception in OT). Any of those plays likely details any comeback the last couple years.

But they fought and battled and WON. That’s at least progress. What it means for the rest of the season, who knows. But I do know season woulda been over if we lost yesterday and it’s not today so I’m a happy Cheese.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has admitted that he doesn’t even run the plays Kliff calls at times. I don’t believe Kyler is as restricted as you feel he is.
Whatever. You have zero clue what Kliff called.

Clearly Kyler was running Kliff's play on the 2 point conversion: "Shotgun, Pro Right, X slant, Y Curl, Z Out, Scramble Right, Dodge 95, Retreat left, Point somewhere in endzone, stroll to the right, sprint left, Head for left End Zone pylon, on snap clap"

This is why it takes so long to get the play in!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Clearly Kyler was running Kliff's play on the 2 point conversion: "Shotgun, Pro Right, X slant, Y Curl, Z Out, Scramble Right, Dodge 95, Retreat left, Point somewhere in endzone, stroll to the right, sprint left, Head for left End Zone pylon, on snap clap"

That reminds me of this.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Regardless of who it falls on having delay of game and 12-men on the field penalties is unacceptable. I don’t have much faith in Kliff as a HC. He’s Coach Cupcake so the team will always lean towards soft and undisciplined.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Lol. Why are you defensive when I am sharing things Kyler has said? People are acting like Kliff holds Kyler back and it just isn’t true.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I doubt any of us are convinced. I will say I don't buy they went into a prevent they were playing 2 deep safeties the whole first half too the difference was we couldn't block Maxx Crosby and he wrecked our playbook, and the defense couldn't get off the field.

2nd half we handled Crosby better, ran some misdirection to make him stay home, used TE's or RB's to chip him. Other than the play where he destroyed Maxx Williams he was far less a factor in the 2nd half. And we had the ball and they didn't so they had to defend us when tired and Kyler took over.

I don't think that was a case of them going prevent it was a case of us making enough changes on offense to neutralize Crosby.

If you watch the first few drives he just killed us.
What you said exactly in a nutshell. It's always frustrating when KK keeps running the same things that don't work, or the defense is shutting down. Yesterday is proof that maybe just maybe he's willing to change things up. Attack the weaknesses of a team's defense I say, not just keep running what you run expecting a different result.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From what I have heard, in the 2nd half Kyler played the game he needs to play to be competitive with this roster. Haven’t seen it yet, but that is what I heard. I also saw AJ and Marquise let down their QB and team which is frustrating.
In defense of Hollywood, he had that pass, the DB just put his helmet to the backside where he couldn't see, right on the ball. AJ caught the one that counted on the 2 point conversion, hopefully his drops stop?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
You keep saying this, but Kliff is into his 4th season and doesn't have a losing record along with being the 9th winningest coach in Cardinals 100 plus year history. Also, everyone keeps staying the roster is horrible. So, is the roster horrible and Kliff might be an good coach or is this roster good enough to win despite its horrible coaching. You can't have both.
His NFL record including playoffs and games in 2022 so far is 25-26-1.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Not how the NFL tracks that. But thanks for the reminder he took us the playoffs last year.
You must be registered for see images attach

How else would you state it, Wins and losses or some magical method?

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd half we handled Crosby better, ran some misdirection to make him stay home, used TE's or RB's to chip him. Other than the play where he destroyed Maxx Williams he was far less a factor in the 2nd half. And we had the ball and they didn't so they had to defend us when tired and Kyler took over.
As well, there were option, read-option, and designed run plays for Murray - and Murray took off a few times on passing plays - all of which i think were key in slowing down the rush. Definitely need to mix some of those plays in sooner.

...dave

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I thought KK called some good plays at important times. The 4th down play was a great gutsy call. Was perfect except for not tucking the ball quick enough and getting hit knocked out of his hands.

As I say that, I can't help but wonder if Kyler's throw might have floated a bit, which would make it harder to snag quickly. If it was zipped into the receiver's hands harder it would stick easier in some cases. Just a thought. I used to QB and knew exactly when a drop was a bit my fault for not putting enough on it or in some cases, sipping it too hard before the receiver was fully ready. it is a subtle thing which most fans wouldn't even notice. But as a QB, you know and have a feel for it.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought KK called some good plays at important times. The 4th down play was a great gutsy call. Was perfect except for not tucking the ball quick enough and getting hit knocked out of his hands.

As I say that, I can't help but wonder if Kyler's throw might have floated a bit, which would make it harder to snag quickly. If it was zipped into the receiver's hands harder it would stick easier in some cases. Just a thought. I used to QB and knew exactly when a drop was a bit my fault for not putting enough on it or in some cases, sipping it too hard before the receiver was fully ready. it is a subtle thing which most fans wouldn't even notice. But as a QB, you know and have a feel for it.
It’s was fine he caught it the defender just made a nice hard hit and jarred it loose. It’s plays like that are maddening though we needed a yard and KK always going for the big play even when a yard is all we needed to keep possession in a damn OT game just roll out your QB that’s on fire and keep the chains moving and throw that on first or second down geesh!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The way I see the game is that it gives the Cardinals a 1-1 record during the 6 games Hop is out. I really was expecting Cards to go 0-6 or 1-5 (still could do this). I’m not expecting Hop to be the savior of the team, but he will give the offense a big emotional lift. That could resonate with other parts of the team. When Hop returns there will be 11 games left on the schedule, so games won in his absence are a plus.
I just hope PEDHop can pass a drug test once he's eligible to play again. I think many would feel different if he were coming back from an injury rather than coming back from failing a drug test (aka cheating). He is the sole reason he is out 6 games.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope PEDHop can pass a drug test once he's eligible to play again. I think many would feel different if he were coming back from an injury rather than coming back from failing a drug test (aka cheating). He is the sole reason he is out 6 games.
He made a mistake taking something that had trace amounts of a banned substance. Cheating is purposely taking something and then trying to mask it.

There was no masking agent and the NFLPA confirmed it along with the fact it was trace amounts. He also had a clean test before and after this test.

Is it his fault? 100% Do I feel he tried to cheat? Nope, not a bit. This isn't PP who absolutely cheated and got caught.

For those that don't know, many supplements aren't regulated and they dont list everything in them. Instead, they make a blend list that without listing what's in the the blend. Again, Hopkins fault, but not cheating.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose