Hudson to IR

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the kicker? Why not bring Blankenship back?
In the immortal words of Steve McCroskey...

"No! That's just what they'll be expecting us to do!"

I mean... seriously. Blankenship has played with us before, which means he has history with the holder and played decent for us.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hudson went downhill quickly. The trade was almost universally praised on the board at the time. Plenty of stuff to lay at Keim's doorstep. That isn't one.
I mean, Hudson was coming off a down year with the Raiders.

Not like there weren’t ANY concerns when the trade happened.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He retired during the off-season and tricked the org into paying him another $10 million. Half assed it a few games and now his knee hurts.
Impressive grift.

Do we even know what the ACTUAL injury is? All I’ve seen is he was out for “maintenance” issues. Which sounded like what it apparently was… a load of horse manure.

Dude was never gonna put himself into this season and depending on him to do so was idiotic.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my speculation:

Rodney knew he was done this offseason

he then talked himself / the Cards talked him into to giving it one more go.

there was a reason he literally didn't participate in one padded practice during the entire training camp

OP
OP
Dayman

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hudson has the 6th largest cap hit on the team this year. He also has more than $5 million in dead cap charges if he gets released next year.

The rumor when the Raiders were going to release Hudson was that he wanted to go back to the Chiefs. That led to trade talks, which Keim "won" and got him here with a big extension. If Keim gave up a 5-6th rounder and paid him $4 million or something, this wouldn't be a big deal. For the price he paid, though, it's a pretty large mistake. Kind of like making a 33-year-old JJ Watt the highest paid player on your team when you have a bunch of replacement level players around him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Impressive grift.

Do we even know what the ACTUAL injury is? All I’ve seen is he was out for “maintenance” issues. Which sounded like what it apparently was… a load of horse manure.

Dude was never gonna put himself into this season and depending on him to do so was idiotic.

Its his knee.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard