"How they holding up?" Your 2023 Arizona Diamondbacks starting rotation thread.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Who could have ever seen this coming?!? Oh yeah, everyone who paid any attention. This team is obviously a consistent starter and two bullpen guys away from being a legit World Series contender. Will Uncle Ken ever pay up?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Another reliable starter who can give you 6 innings every start is probably as important as a bullpen addition.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They need to DFA Davies, he's cooked. I don't know if I would mortgage farm for Stroman as he will out of his PO and some team will pay him way more than KK is willing to. Bieber and Burns have ben struggling (both looked bad against AZ a couple of weeks ago). Maybe MIL is open to dealing Miley who has been good this year, shouldn't cost much in trade. Any other starters out there?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davies moving up a day over Henry, who is apparently getting skipped. Thursday is TBA. Speculation is Pfaadt getting called up for another chance Thursday.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At the moment I would stick with our guys. Their numbers on the year don’t look good but recent gems from Henry & Davies give me hope. Plus there aren’t a lot of trade options that seem worth hefty prospect packages at the moment. The Chapman trade to TEX upset me because he would have been a great addition and could have slid into closer role. TX didn’t give up much for him either.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
At the moment I would stick with our guys. Their numbers on the year don’t look good but recent gems from Henry & Davies give me hope. Plus there aren’t a lot of trade options that seem worth hefty prospect packages at the moment. The Chapman trade to TEX upset me because he would have been a great addition and could have slid into closer role. TX didn’t give up much for him either.
That's how you develop guys. Gotta have patience with them. They have the skill sets. They just need confidence, and experience.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I keep seeing the same phenomena. Our young guys get ahead in counts, which is good. 0-2, 1-2, etc. Then it's that third strike they struggle on. When they figure that part out, everything will change for them. They have the talent to go up in the count, they just need to learn to close.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave