How do we want this up coming season to play out?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I want to see this team transition from a college offense to a pro style offense. I want to see how Kyler handles calling plays in a huddle and taking snaps under center. Will Hollywood, Rondale and Wilson be able to stay healthy? Will McBride be able to take the next step?

On defense I want to see what we have in several young players. Is there a place for Simmons? What role will Zaven play in this offense? Can Marco be a starter at CB? Who will step up as a pass rusher?

I’m not concerned about wins or losses this season. However I would like to see improvement as a team as the season progresses.
Well said. I especially want to see what you stated in your first two sentences. For me, Rondale is cooked. McBride will be hindered by how bad the team is/QB play, so his impact will be limited. Same kind of deal for Marco.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well said. I especially want to see what you stated in your first two sentences. For me, Rondale is cooked. McBride will be hindered by how bad the team is/QB play, so his impact will be limited. Same kind of deal for Marco.
I have read & heard that Rondale has changed up his workout routines dramatically. But, when it’s been 5 years since you were last completely healthy, it’s going to be an uphill battle. As someone who powerlifted competitively for over a decade, I just don’t understand why he lifted so heavily. I squatted & deadlifted pretty heavy stuff until all the groin & hammy injuries I had forced me to stop with the real heavy stuff. You would think that both the Purdue & Cardinal trainers would know and understand that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the decision to move on from kyler has been made. I do not think kyler can be fixed. Keep in mind, you only covered a few of his issues:)

another point, the days of handing out big contracts for QBs will be winding down over the next few years.

I think the Cardinals are certainly planning for the possibility they may need to move on from Kyler.

Running was a big part of his game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I have read & heard that Rondale has changed up his workout routines dramatically. But, when it’s been 5 years since you were last completely healthy, it’s going to be an uphill battle. As someone who powerlifted competitively for over a decade, I just don’t understand why he lifted so heavily. I squatted & deadlifted pretty heavy stuff until all the groin & hammy injuries I had forced me to stop with the real heavy stuff. You would think that both the Purdue & Cardinal trainers would know and understand that.
It takes one to speak and one to listen.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The best outcome would be all losses until Kyler returns then significant improvement in the second half meaning we have a good coaching staff and QB in place and be set up to be in contention for a playoff slot in 2024.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The best outcome would be all losses until Kyler returns then significant improvement in the second half meaning we have a good coaching staff and QB in place and be set up to be in contention for a playoff slot in 2024.
Best outcome, two top five picks…

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I have the answer: Quickly

Like through a wormhole, let's go right through the very fabric of spacetime straight to April 2024.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Significant improvement leading to close losses, I hope :)

Unfortunately, even if we look that good, we won't be in contention for a playoff slot next year. We don't have the players for that. The roster will need more than just a draft and one FA period to get there.

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Kyler will return. Throwing off his back foot, not going through progressions, not stepping up in the pocket, and running out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing it out of bounds. Oh yeah, the fetal position. He will take no responsibility and blame others. He will pout on the sideline and blame everyone else instead of being a team leader. He got paid, and he made it clear that was all he wanted. Great arm, and a terrible head. He and Ayton have a lot in common.
Is it scheduled for you to go on your weekly Kyler rant posts out of the blue?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Significant improvement leading to close losses, I hope :)

Unfortunately, even if we look that good, we won't be in contention for a playoff slot next year. We don't have the players for that. The roster will need more than just a draft and one FA period to get there.
I dunno. There are tons of scenarios where we win 8+ games in 2024. That’s contention for a playoff spot for me.

Kyler healthy and right should get you to eight wins if he is who many (including me!) think he is.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I want it to play out like an innocent football season, like a romantic sports story. The problem is today's sports landscape is all about money. A team could give the fans a poor product intending to make money off of that.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Can we beat teams who are not at full strength?

Can we win games when winning the turnover battle?

Can we execute without those damn yellow flags sticking out of our asses?

Can we make game time adjustments?

talent is important but…

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
I expect 0-17 to 3-14, max. And that's ok. We've needed to "blow it up" for the near 4 decades I've been a fan. And this looks like exactly that. So I won't complain about the L column this year.