Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hotel Artemis

Release date: June 8, 2018
Studio: Global Road Entertainment
Director: Drew Pearce
MPAA Rating: R (for violence and language throughout, some sexual references, and brief drug use)
Screenwriter: Drew Pearce
Genre: Thriller, Action
Website: HotelArtemismovie.com| Facebook| Twitter| Instagram

Starring: Jodie Foster, Sterling K. Brown, Sofia Boutella, Jeff Goldblum, Brian Tyree Henry, Jenny Slate, Zachary Quinto, Charlie Day, Dave Bautista

Plot Summary: Set in riot-torn, near-future Los Angeles, "Hotel Artemis" is an original, high-octane action-thriller starring Jodie Foster as The Nurse, who runs a secret, members-only hospital for criminals. Jodie Foster is joined by an all-star cast that includes Sterling K. Brown, Sofia Boutella, Jeff Goldblum, Bryan Tyree Henry, Jenny Slate, Zachary Quinto, Charlie Day, and Dave Bautista.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised there's no discussion on this one.

We just watched this tonight. I liked the cast but it seemed like maybe too much talent for the type of film. But having said that, I think if you watch it and ignore the names, it's actually an interesting movie. I love Jodie's character, Bautista is always great, Sterling K Brown is solid as usual, Goldblum and Quinto didn't do much for me but they didn't drag it down either.

We'll have to see on a repeat viewing but at first blush, I'd say it's an entertaining watch if you know what you're getting into. If you're expecting John Wick, you're probably going to be disappointed. But if you like movies that feel like Assault on Precinct 13 (the original) or Streets of Fire, this one should work for you.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was hugely disappointed by this one. Didn't come close to fulfilling the trailer's promise.

I figure that's going to be the case for most people here that saw it in the theater when it came out. We had the luxury of watching it in the comfort of our living room with low expectations and like I said, once we accepted the fact the movie didn't really justify the quality of the cast, we were entertained. I don't think we'd have felt the same way if we'd seen it in the theaters expecting anything close to a blockbuster or a future award winner.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I figure that's going to be the case for most people here that saw it in the theater when it came out. We had the luxury of watching it in the comfort of our living room with low expectations and like I said, once we accepted the fact the movie didn't really justify the quality of the cast, we were entertained. I don't think we'd have felt the same way if we'd seen it in the theaters expecting anything close to a blockbuster or a future award winner.

I get you, but I don't think I'd have liked it at home either. Whenever a movie drags good actor down, I tend to check out--unless it's B-movie goodness, which this wasn't. That's one of the reason...I think it was Jurassic World?--sucked. They made Vincent D'Onofrio a terrible actor. One of the many reasons it sucked, anyway.