Hot Stove 2008

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Rumor has it that neither Street nor Carlos Gonzalez are long for Colorado.

The Rocks have assured Manny Corpas that he's the closer for them, thus making me think they acquired Street with the sole purpose of trading him. Perhaps it's a not very likely, however this poster sure wouldn't mind seeing Street closing games out at Chase Field as a Diamondback.

As for Car-Go, reports are that the Rocks and Nationals have discussed a swap which would land the one time DBack stud prospect in Our Nation's Capital.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rumor has it that neither Street nor Carlos Gonzalez are long for Colorado.

The Rocks have assured Manny Corpas that he's the closer for them, thus making me think they acquired Street with the sole purpose of trading him. Perhaps it's a not very likely, however this poster sure wouldn't mind seeing Street closing games out at Chase Field as a Diamondback.

As for Car-Go, reports are that the Rocks and Nationals have discussed a swap which would land the one time DBack stud prospect in Our Nation's Capital.

The Gonzalez trade to WAS makes no sense, their loaded in the OF and should be looking for pitching. I think Rizzo wants him as he signed him out of Venezuela when he was with the D'Backs.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
glad gregg is gone and i like the guy they snagged in return

not sure if uggla will get traded this year - i think they'll go through arbitration until some of the younger IFs develop

all star game aside his defense wasn't terrible - it wasn't stellar either, but he's serviceable with the glove

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
not sure if uggla will get traded this year - i think they'll go through arbitration until some of the younger IFs develop

Obviously, you're more in check with the Marlins than I am, but rumor I've heard is they acquired Bonaficio so they could move Uggla to 3rd.

Take that for what it's worth.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Obviously, you're more in check with the Marlins than I am, but rumor I've heard is they acquired Bonaficio so they could move Uggla to 3rd.

Take that for what it's worth.

yeah - that's come out as well - also it's come out that bonafacio is playing LF in the winter leagues

for better or worse offseasons are seldom dull

Kablansky

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rumor I heard today from a friend is that the Tigers have inquired about Miguel Montero.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/NickPiecoro/40948

Swing and a miss! D-Backs surprisingly unsuccessful low balling every available free agent. Old Nick seems to be getting a bit tired of the negotiating tactics of the team, eerily reminiscent of the Suns. I do have to say I am tickled at the prospect of bringing in Easley or Punto, no drop off from Hudson there.:rolleyes:

I am just glad that on a "limited" budget we have the luxury of a 10 million dollar 4th outfielder/super utility player.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard