Hopkins, Cards agree to extension

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Don't let the numbers scare you.

Because we had DHop on a pretty cheap 3 year deal, the extension had to be big to make up for that.

We now have Hopkins for 5 years / 94.5 million total.

Thats 18.8 million average per year for an elite WR. That's a discount.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
On a per year basis, it would mke him the 4th highest paid WR behind Julio, Thomas and Cooper.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking DeAndre Hopkins is a pretty good agent.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And 2-3 years from now he will be much lower on that list.
No 2-3 more years he will demand another contract! The precident has been set.

Listen, he’s a helluva player & well worth his going rate. I just hate that him, others can do the exact same thing again, this holding the franchise hostage. I don’t like it.

What if Kyler has an outstanding year, demands a huge deal next season, then says pay me or I’m sitting.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Listen, he’s a helluva player & well worth his going rate. I just hate that him, others can do the exact same thing again, this holding the franchise hostage. I don’t like it.

What if Kyler has an outstanding year, demands a huge deal next season, then says pay me or I’m sitting.
If so, we trade him like the Texans did. No big deal.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The new deal was part of the trade. He did not hold us hostage

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

...are we really at the "what if" stage of critiques? What if Patrick Mahomes gets into an accident and can't play football in 3 years? What if Deshaun Watson retires because his surrounding cast sucks? What if Prescott leaves Dallas and Amari Cooper is wasted like Fitzgerald has been for many years in AZ?

Come on.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this follow-up tweet was posted... no-trade and a no-franchise tag clause. Last year is voidable.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t know why people are trippin about it. Paid what he’s worth imo and he doesn’t have an agent right? So he gets to keep a lot more money than these other top receivers.

I’m excited we have one of the best players in the game signed for awhile with the best QB we ever drafted. It’s a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Good deal. No tag, no trade clauses are huge concessions here, which I'm cool with if it meant saving a few bucks on the contract.

Now go take care of PP21 and Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
An extra 5.5 this year? didn't we already have 7mm roughly available? Pat P may be coming soon.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Larry will play till he gets the receptions record.

hot take: Larry owes the organization as we've overpaid him the last few years and he knows it. His next few 1 year deals will be much more team friendly for his production (which I think will still be solid).

Said everyone the last 2 years

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92