HomeFront

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Got this yesterday and beat the game on Veteran last night. It's not a very long campaign. It was nearly impossible to play online as there was a message that kept scrolling about the server loads being so large.

The campaign and the storyline was pretty good. The graphics were not on par with the COD series but I enjoyed the game. The hit markers seem to be too sensitive. At times you couldn't hit the exposed parts of the enemy for whatever reason and clear shots seemed to only hit when you were centered on the target.

I did play 2 online games and the games that are offered are not to my liking. I prefer hardcore (one shot one kill) style of gaming of which I don't think is offered. It'll need a few more rounds of play online, but if it doesn't improve it'll be back to Black Ops for me.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Gah!!! I can't determine if I am just somewhat disappointed or completely disappointed in this game. The campaign is not good as far as game play is concerned. The story line is good but it seems that is where all the emphasis was put. The campaign plays really slow. At times I was really bored waiting to move through the levels. The graphics are really sub par. I did find portions of the campaign somewhat challenging which was nice.

I was only able to play online for a bit because of the damn server issues they were having. How unprepared were they for this release? They marketed the hell out of this game and then they don't have the server capacity to keep up with the demand on release day. Not good and I am sure it drove a lot of people away from this game instantly.

The online plays a lot like COD which disappointed me as I am not a COD fan. What I mean by that it is basically a "frag fest". There is no team play or any strategy involved such as in Battlefield. There is nothing new in this game that we haven't really seen in other fps games. The maps seem OK but you just run around and run around to get killed and respawn. Rinse and repeat. Although the map layout and respawn points work well so that no team really has the upper hand so it seems.

What I do like about the online play is how you can purchase items during the match with the battle points you accumulate. Driving the vehicles is not very realistic and there is no destructible environment aspect in the game-huge huge disappointment. I can't understand why designers/programmers aren't implementing this technology in all games. If I shoot a rpg at a wall that wall should come down or at least should put a gaping hole in it.

I will keep playing this game for a bit mainly because I want to get my money out of it and I have nothing left to accomplish in BFBC 2. I will just eagerly await the arrival of BFBC 3 this fall as it will show developers of this game, COD, and the like how to make a really great fps.

At this point I will give this game a C+.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting this until I saw it was a FPS, I was hoping it was a strategy game...sigh. I just don't have the reflexes or finger/thumb coordination for these types of games to be fun for me.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The inadequacies of online play are too much to bear for me. Black Ops is back in the 360.

They were not prepared for a game that was as hyped as this was so servers were having trouble keeping up with traffic.

Online play seems slow. I don't know how to say it but after playing Black Ops and then going back Black Ops is just faster.

I prefer to play hard core style multiplayer that the COD series offers and it doesn't seem as if that is an option for Homefront. Instead you get into games that require multiple shots to bring somebody down.

The vehicle play outright sucks.

At first I thought spawning was good, but after a few games the way you get spawned allows you to spot out enemy players and sometimes they are near the spawn so if timed right (easy to do) you get an easy first kill.

Thankfully Amazon had a good deal going so I got $20 bucks off the game and $10 off a future game purchase.

kps0001

Reaction score
all games have crap servers day1, even call of duty.

not really like what was happening with Homefront....and they are still having problems. Regardless the game is crap.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a commercial that said "better than COD multiplayer" and chuckled. I reamember the "SOCOM killer" games along with the "halo killer" games. For years people will use those phrases for marketing but it is never true. It took Halo to get people off socom and it took COD to get people off of Halo. You will have to mount one hell of an effort to bring down COD.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ps dont buy games, gamefly them, if they are good enough to buy, get it discounted from gamefly. No use wasting money on overhyped crap.

kps0001

Reaction score
ps dont buy games, gamefly them, if they are good enough to buy, get it discounted from gamefly. No use wasting money on overhyped crap.

I agree...with the exception of Battlefield 3 I will be taking this route from now on. I got burned recently with this game and Lost Planet 2. I don't play COD but would feel the same about Black Ops but I bought that for my son.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Treyarch COd games usually suck...

Homefront is installing a patch to fix online issues for those of you who own it

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trueachievments.com is similar to profootballtalk.com, youll hear any and all rumors worth speculating on including hardcore patches.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison