Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Success? He’s taken the worst team in football & worst team in Cardinals history to 11 wins. OROY & 2 Pro Bowls. The kid has some growing up to do, but he’s 24 & is the BEST F’ING YOUNG QB IN CARDINAL HISTORY. How do I know that? Because I’ve been around to witness it.

Lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sound like your feeling are really hurt bud.

We’re you crying he didn’t have the support when this team was 10-2? When we went out and got him Hopkins, Green, Ertz, Conner and Hudson?

Mahomes has more than proven himself so has Burrow and Allen and you put Murray on that level after the last two laughable seasons from him?

You know what could also set this franchise back? Tying up 230 million of fully guaranteed money to a guy who’s not worth it

And for the record I don’t give a damn how long you’ve been a fan but you have to think with your head when it comes to money not your emotions.
I don’t have to think about the money at all. I’m not the owner or GM. All I care about is seeing this team continue to win. Murray has taken us from the worst team in Cardinal franchise history to 11 wins in the toughest division in football. You may not give a damn how long I’ve been a fan, but I know more about the mistakes this franchise has made over the years than most on this board. Letting Murray go would be right at the top.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t have to think about the money at all. I’m not the owner or GM. All I care about is seeing this team continue to win. Murray has taken us from the worst team in Cardinal franchise history to 11 wins in the toughest division in football. You may not give a damn how long I’ve been a fan, but I know more about the mistakes this franchise has made over the years than most on this board. Letting Murray go would be right at the top.

You have to think about money. We’re talking 200/230 million fully guaranteed. He better be blue chip as blue chip gets to sign him for that much. It could handicap your franchise for years

He’s done nothing to say he deserves to be paid like that. You keep saying 11 wins but your ignoring this team started 10-2 then had the most epic collapse in the history of the NFL and one of the most embarrassing playoff losses I’ve ever seen.

See you want to say he was the QB for those 11 wins but he was also the QB for that collapse...and the collapse last year.

You dont pay guys who play their worst when it matters most.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Success? He’s taken the worst team in football & worst team in Cardinals history to 11 wins. OROY & 2 Pro Bowls. The kid has some growing up to do, but he’s 24 & is the BEST F’ING YOUNG QB IN CARDINAL HISTORY. How do I know that? Because I’ve been around to witness it.
Well, we disagree on that being the worst team in Cardinals history, for one, and it doesn't matter if he's the best young QB in the team's history. Jameis Winston was the best young QB in Buccaneers history.

And I'm sorry to keep going back to that well, but it's a reasonable comp - a #1 overall pick that can wow you at times with his physical ability, underwhelm at other times with decision making and leadership, and ultimately has become a divisive figure for the fanbase. That might turn into being divisive for the locker room, too.

The best of godawful is still not necessarily the answer. Kyler's not a locked in top-ten QB in this league where we stand today, and while this franchise has historically been bad at finding QBs, we've gotta play it right.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You have to think about money. We’re talking 200/230 million fully guaranteed. He better be blue chip as blue chip gets to sign him for that much. It could handicap your franchise for years

He’s done nothing to say he deserves to be paid like that. You keep saying 11 wins but your ignoring this team started 10-2 then had the most epic collapse in the history of the NFL and one of the most embarrassing playoff losses I’ve ever seen.

See you want to say he was the QB for those 11 wins but he was also the QB for that collapse...and the collapse last year.

You dont pay guys who play there worst when it matters most.
If the Cardinals stayed healthy over the last 5 games, then I would be totally onboard criticizing Murray for how the season finished up. But, we all know that’s not how the season played out. His top target & arguably the best WR in football went down, Moore was out, the OL was musical chairs & horrible down the stretch, and the DL was decimated & couldn‘t stop me from gaining 5 yards/carry. It would be idiotic to the nth degree to start all over again at the QB position. Murray is an exceptional talent who needs a better IOL, and weapons around him. Pretty much what every QB that goes deep into the playoffs needs.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'm tired and a Cardinal fan, so let's win at least something out on top. Let's make the Deshaun Watson contract look like chickenfeed. I say we give that hobbit enough money to have national attention throughout the offseason and totally screw all the other teams when they have to then sign their QBs... why fight the insanity, and just go full blown cray cray for kicks because rooting for a team, God forbid, no longer is hip

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. Just a couple of years before that "worst team ever" we won 13 games (and the division) and were in the NFC Championship game. Other guys can take us there.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meh. Just a couple of years before that "worst team ever" we won 13 games (and the division) and were in the NFC Championship game. Other guys can take us there.
And we got there with another OLD QB who threw 5 picks in that game & we lost by like 6 touchdowns.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And we got there with another OLD QB who threw 5 picks in that game & we lost by like 6 touchdowns.
Better to get that far and fall apart than the nothingburger we put up against the Rams in the final two weeks of the season.

Whether or not Carson would admit it, something was up with that hand. With Kyler, we came out with the energy of a wet bologna sandwich pulled out of a cooler after an SDS preseason game in August. And the week beforehand, against a Seahawks team that was out of it, he was even worse when we could have won the division and maybe helped ourselves out by getting a home game.

Mopey McMoperson is not exactly inspirational on the field.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The idiocy on this board never ceases to amaze me. When Warner was trying to get money out of our FO, didn’t he make a trip to our arch rivals… the Niners? So, were the same group that are criticizing Murray for doing what every QB should do, did you criticize Warner just as severely? No you didn’t. Everyone need to STHU & wait to see how it all plays out. Otherwise, you all look foolish.
Was Warner a FA?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I was the few that supported Warner! Leinart couldn’t perform with Fitz & Boldin on the field. Yet, Murray is being crucified for slumping with garbage on the interior OL, and no WR’s once Hop went down. Take Murray away from this franchise & we are absolute trash.
We’re kinda trash with him if we’re being honest. He doesn’t really make anyone better???

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
If the Cardinals stayed healthy over the last 5 games, then I would be totally onboard criticizing Murray for how the season finished up. But, we all know that’s not how the season played out. His top target & arguably the best WR in football went down, Moore was out, the OL was musical chairs & horrible down the stretch, and the DL was decimated & couldn‘t stop me from gaining 5 yards/carry. It would be idiotic to the nth degree to start all over again at the QB position. Murray is an exceptional talent who needs a better IOL, and weapons around him. Pretty much what every QB that goes deep into the playoffs needs.
Rodgers beat us with no one to throw to. No excuses.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Better get that far and fall apart than the nothingburger we put up against the Rams in the final two weeks of the season.

Whether or not Carson would admit it, something was up with that hand. With Kyler, we came out with the energy of a wet bologna sandwich pulled out of a cooler after an SDS preseason game in August. And the week beforehand, against a Seahawks team that was out of it, he was even worse when we could have won the division and maybe helped ourselves out by getting a home game.

Mopey McMoperson is not exactly inspirational on the field.
Im not sure Kyler deserves the most blame for that Seahawks game .

Seemed like the team was treating it like a preseason game and it backfired big time.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He completed 67% of his passes for 274 yards, ran for 21 yards, led a 94 yard drive with 3 minutes to go and should have thrown the game winning TD if Green would have turned his head.
We lost. Rodgers beat us with no receivers. It was painful to watch. It is what it is. Painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose