Heroes: Season 2 (SPOILERS! Beware)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa :shock: I haven't seen the first season, I have been waiting on the picture quality reviews of the HDDVDs, butI'm very excited that she will be in S2.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any news on the spin-off? What little I heard of it, it seems like an excuse to produce two-hours of overlapping storylines rather than one. Speculation is the two stories will merge at the end of the season, but it's unlikely due to the possibility the second one will be canceled in mid-flight.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything about a spin-off...that would be cool.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any news on the spin-off? What little I heard of it, it seems like an excuse to produce two-hours of overlapping storylines rather than one. Speculation is the two stories will merge at the end of the season, but it's unlikely due to the possibility the second one will be canceled in mid-flight.

Unless something's changed recently, I think you're way off base. What I recall was that Origins was going to be midseason filler (i.e. six total episodes) because Heroes lost ratings coming out of the winter hiatus.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless something's changed recently, I think you're way off base. What I recall was that Origins was going to be midseason filler (i.e. six total episodes) because Heroes lost ratings coming out of the winter hiatus.

*shrug*

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Talk about an underwhelming preview though. Doesn't look exciting at all. I'll watch because 75% of last season was so good, but those previews do not inspire confidence.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
I thought the last few episodes were pretty bad, especially the Finale. Hopefully they will go back to the quality they started with, but I honestly don't have much faith.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the last few episodes were pretty bad, especially the Finale. Hopefully they will go back to the quality they started with, but I honestly don't have much faith.

Is it me or did it feel like they had too many cooks in the proverbial kitchen? There were moments of strong writing surrounded by moments of, "Who did they blackmail to get that job?" Some of the stories went nowhere while others seemed to burn hot and cold all season.

I hope they get someone on the team with a long-term fascination with myth and legend. This show needs to get rooted in old stories.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Is it me or did it feel like they had too many cooks in the proverbial kitchen? There were moments of strong writing surrounded by moments of, "Who did they blackmail to get that job?" Some of the stories went nowhere while others seemed to burn hot and cold all season.

I hope they get someone on the team with a long-term fascination with myth and legend. This show needs to get rooted in old stories.

I totally agree, it feels like it just needs some direction.
It seems as if they don't necessarily have a goal in mind for each storyline and are kind of winging it.

asudevil83

Reaction score

yeah, the last few were almost aweful. had the show STARTED with that kind of quality, it wouldnt have made it to winter.

i'm somewhat excited about this upcoming season, but my expectations are extremely low. i'll probably give the show 4 episodes, and then end up watching only because i'll hate it (like a bad movie).

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with you guys. The way the show ended last season I'm really not all that excited for new episodes. Don't get me wrong. I'll definitely watch. There are other shows I'm more excited about though (Friday night lights).

Joe

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to watch Season 1, Disc 1 tonight.

I missed all of last season.

asudevil83

Reaction score
I was actually left pretty flat from the first two episodes.

a HUGE amount of the addiction is the anticipation of something actually happening....which really didnt happen a whole lot.

i know i was left with the "god i cant wait until next monday, because we might actually get something".....but that rarely materialized.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soes anyone know if it's ever been discussed who actually paints Isaac's paintings? It looks like Tim Sales' work, who does a lot of stuff with Jeph Loeb (an exec. producer who is also a comic book writer)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn