Here's my take..

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So they came off one of the most exciting endings of a game this year. They had national fame for the last 4 days. They sucked it all in.

They were also on a short week. Riding high in the win and thinking and hearing they are an elite team. Bet they didn't practice hard.

This was all mental.

They seemed to be out of it mentally the whole game. They weren't prepared in the head for this game.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my version:

Seattle was a desperate team and played like it

Arizona played like a team that believed it had arrived.

the diff in attitude showed up on both lines of scrimmage.

i am not going to read too much into a single game

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this is right. I’ll add that it didn’t help to have the entire DL out, and the injury to KM’s shoulder because clearly he was not the same player after the sack.
Hope his shoulder is fully rdy for pats need a 100 percent healthy murray vs a decent pats def... really nervous on that gm

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hope his shoulder is fully rdy for pats need a 100 percent healthy murray vs a decent pats def... really nervous on that gm
Its why I thought the Seahawks game was must win.

Kliff cant have any game management issues vs. Bill. Its likely Kyler may get confused early on against them as well.

I expect them bracket Hopkins, soft rush and dare other guys to beat us against their talented secondary.

Hope the weather is good...I expect the Patriots to run the ball A LOT and shorten the game.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its why I thought the Seahawks game was must win.

Kliff cant have any game management issues vs. Bill. Its likely Kyler may get confused early on against them as well.

I expect them bracket Hopkins, soft rush and dare other guys to beat us against their talented secondary.

Hope the weather is good...I expect the Patriots to run the ball A LOT and shorten the game.
Hope the bad cam newton shows up cards should start Simmons this gm he is most fastest talented lb on cards def

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
every time we get national love, we seem flat the next week.

I think this had more to do with Kylers arm and having no defensive lineman thuogh. For us to be in it at the end with as horrible as the team played means we are a contender but we couldnt make it happen.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So they came off one of the most exciting endings of a game this year. They had national fame for the last 4 days. They sucked it all in.

They were also on a short week. Riding high in the win and thinking and hearing they are an elite team. Bet they didn't practice hard.

This was all mental.

They seemed to be out of it mentally the whole game. They weren't prepared in the head for this game.

Do they even practice on a week like this? I agree that they might have gotten a little too caught up in the hail mary win, and their own hype a bit to lose focus. I think the high amount of just dumb penalties is proof of that.

They definitley did not look mentally sharp...no one did...coaches included.

Im trying to take the positive side today and say, hey we played bad and only lost by 7...but I just don't think Seatlle is that good. Their defense has been garbage all year, and we were completely shut down for most of the game.

I think we are a member of a group of "good" teams this year. It includes about everyone of realavance outside of KC, TB, NO, and maybe GB. Those teams are "really good" this year...at least at this point. We are in the group below that where about 10-12 team live. None of them seem ready to make any real noise.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I thought the Seattle defense had a good game plan last night. It's almost like they dared Murray to step up into the pocket by having their rush split out wide on each side. In the 4th Qtr. on the last Cardinal TD drive, you knew Murray was going to run right on the second down play. Just based on the formation you knew it was coming. Some of these plays are way too predictable.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The false starts are indicative of mental lapses. The guys committing them had mostly played in Seattle before and I wonder how much of that was muscle memory from playing silent counts there every year before.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
every time we get national love, we seem flat the next week.

I think this had more to do with Kylers arm and having no defensive lineman thuogh. For us to be in it at the end with as horrible as the team played means we are a contender but we couldnt make it happen.

Exactly. Was going to state that aswell. The games after the national attention they get for the game prior, they lay an egg.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My only hope is that we get them $#&@ers again in the playoffs? With a healthy Jordan Phillips, Lawrence & Fotu?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson