Help me with the math here...

Tom777

Reaction score
Since the Suns went to the finals in 1992-93, how many playoff SERIES victories do we have for our AZ teams.???

I'm a native, lived here all my life, been completely devoted to the local teams and I'm just trying to figure out how many times my teams have come thru (to an extent for me...)

Since 93'

Cards: easy, 1 playoff appearance, 1 victory = 1

Coyotes: What something like 3 or 4 playoff first round exits? (I'll admit I'm not a hockey fan so help me with this one. = 0

D-Backs: 3 playoff appearances, 1 title (THANK GOD!) = 3 series wins, 2 first round exits = 3

Suns: how many? like 9 playoff appearances, 7 advancements? 0 titles. = 7???

You guys can help me fill in the gaps but in short, I've always been a loyal LOCAL BOY when it comes to sports. I support my teams no matter how bad they stink because that's what I do. How many times have they let me down? In the 16 years since the suns went to the finals, I've gotten to celebrate something like 15 playoff appearances, 10 playoff victories/advancements and 1 title.

And I'm not nearly as big of a D-backs fan as I am Cards/Suns.

The point is, man, I'm tired of being disappointed.

Nothing is going to change. I wont give up on my teams. Heck, I'm allready drinking the Cardinal Kool-Aid for next season, but am I a fool for staying loyal? Maybe I should be a Colt fan or something! I'm just wondering what the actual "STATS OF DISAPPOINTMENT ARE."

I cant believe that our 1 expansion team is the only one to bring us glory..

I'm not serious about this, just thought it would be an interesting topic since some of you are so knowlegable and keep stats so well.

Anyone know the actual numbers on this stat?

Playoff Series victories, (except for football, we all know that number is 1)

GO AZ, PLEASE REWARD MY LOYALTY SOMEDAY! I'M TIRED OF DEFENDING YOU!!!!

Last edited:

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know the numbers, but I thought the suns had a real shot this year, especially once the Mavs crapped out.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I was not concerned with the Mavs. I was concerned with the Spurs and my fears came true although with the help of the league.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
See, I just figured if the Suns made it past the Spurs, they would be too tired and worn out to deal with the Mavs. So when the Mavs were eliminated, I thought the chances raised a good 30%.