Hear me out: Michael Wilson for OROY

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
B. Robinson is tough to pass on for OROY if one is betting. Wilson's qb situation makes him a risky choice no matter how much we route for them.

Reactions: PJ1

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a bunch of Michael Wilson during training camp and I think he will be good in a year or two. I would be really shocked if he makes a huge impact this season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Anquan comparison is silly at this point. Especially when it comes to injury concerns.
Boldin only played in 23 games in 4 years at FSU...Even missed an entire season with ACL.

I get that comparisons can seem silly, but there are similarities. Both had injuries in college...both looking great in camp, but not really showcased in PS games...both playing with substandard QBs to start their professional careers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boldin only played in 23 games in 4 years at FSU...Even missed an entire season with ACL.

I get that comparisons can seem silly, but there are similarities. Both had injuries in college...both looking great in camp, but not really showcased in PS games...both playing with substandard QBs to start their professional careers.
If he is anything like Boldin, he will be special.

With that said, Wilson seems to be a player like Cooper Kupp, who can run any route in the tree and run it well.

If Anquan played on the 49ers, he would have been in the Deebo Samuel role.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
If he is anything like Boldin, he will be special.

With that said, Wilson seems to be a player like Cooper Kupp, who can run any route in the tree and run it well.

If Anquan played on the 49ers, he would have been in the Deebo Samuel role.
Completely agree...I am by no means trying to compare their games, just their situations. I think Wilson can be special.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Go back and read all of my comments.

I know, I know.. :)

But Quan elevated McCown and Blake.

So you kind implied that Wilson will elevate Tune and/or Dobbs like Boldin did...

But whatevs my friend. No big deal. You and I are almost always on the same page.

And I really, and truly hope Michael Wilson is the runaway OROY.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
quarterbacks throw more balls to guys they can trust to get open or make the tough catch. This is doubly true for poor quarterbacks.
we saw it with Larry for years.

if wilsons route running stays solid it is quite possible that when the pocket gets muddy our guy just throws it to where wilson should be....its possible the kid is in the oroy running outright.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard