Headcoach Kliff Kingsbury and his assistant coaches

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Are we keeping our ST coach (confirmed)?

Anyone else from previous staff?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I wonder if any of those spots will be announced at the press conference.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A Sunbelt conf coach for OC. Why the hell not at this point? If all he is going to do is hold a clipboard for he who has been crowned offensive Mastermind then it doesn't matter. I will be really worried when I hear we are tapping a HS coach for DC.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Has a lot in common with KK...lol

I live an hour away from New Braunfels TX where Kliff is from and I taught at Texas State which is just half an hour away from NB... hence, this sounds like a buddy thing and not the best guy for the job but then again Kliff is calling the plays and just needs an extension of himself

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I don't see the OC mattering really much. This is the KK show on offense now. Of course NFL experience on the staff can only help, but I'd prefer people who are familiar with KK's style and are able to teach it. As long as we get a proven NFL DC, I'm fine.

If it the choice is indeed a proven, experienced former NFL OC, I hope it's a guy who's open to innovations. No dinosaurs please.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Sunbelt conf coach for OC. Why the hell not at this point? If all he is going to do is hold a clipboard for he who has been crowned offensive Mastermind then it doesn't matter. I will be really worried when I hear we are tapping a HS coach for DC.

Jake Spavital has been the OC at WVU under Dana Holgerson for 3 years. Another Air Raid guy from the same school of football philosophy. Has been OC at Texas A & M, Cal & WVU under Kevin Sumlin, Sonny Dykes ( Jared Goff ), Dana Holgerson ( Will Grier ) etc. No learning curve necessary as he and K K are from the same system.

Last edited:

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
According to AZ Cardinals website, KK is the ONLY coach as of right now

So all other coaches are still open and needed

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Gibbs will end up on this staff.

David Alexander Gibbs (born January 10, 1968) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the defensive coordinator for Texas Tech University, a position he has held since January 2015. Gibbs previously served in a similar capacity at the University of Minnesota, Auburn University, and the University of Houston, as well as an assistant coach in the National Football League (NFL) for the Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
David Gibbs will end up on this staff.

David Alexander Gibbs (born January 10, 1968) is an American football coach and former player. He is currently the defensive coordinator for Texas Tech University, a position he has held since January 2015. Gibbs previously served in a similar capacity at the University of Minnesota, Auburn University, and the University of Houston, as well as an assistant coach in the National Football League (NFL) for the Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans.

As long as it is just a position coach.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Don't forget the RB coach... hopefully Kirby comes back!!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am concerned with our OLine coach, ST coach, and DC. Those are what are most concerning for me.

OL coaches set up the rush offense.

ST will need to be solid to handle the unit.

DC is the same. I need a guy who can use PP and Chandler Jones and Budda Baker.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I also would love to see Monken as the OC. Accumulate good staff during the acclimation process and then develop their replacements.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I am concerned with our OLine coach, ST coach, and DC. Those are what are most concerning for me.

OL coaches set up the rush offense.

ST will need to be solid to handle the unit.

DC is the same. I need a guy who can use PP and Chandler Jones and Budda Baker.

Any DC should be able to use those guys. They're the "Givens" when you're building your defense. What we need is a DC who can decide whether or not he can do something with Hasson Reddick and Robert Nkemdiche, whether he prioritizes Benson Mayowa or Markus Golden, and how to fill out the linebacker corps.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Any DC should be able to use those guys. They're the "Givens" when you're building your defense. What we need is a DC who can decide whether or not he can do something with Hasson Reddick and Robert Nkemdiche, whether he prioritizes Benson Mayowa or Markus Golden, and how to fill out the linebacker corps.
Should is not the same as will. Bascially, I don't want to see Chandler Jones dropping into zone coverage on key 3rd downs or watching Peterson sit in the flat in a cover 2 ready to play the run..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose