Headcoach Kliff Kingsbury and his assistant coaches

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear about a d-line coach or strength and conditioning coaches? Maybe I missed them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting comments from MB this morning on the length of KK's interviews. Sounds like a lot of greasing the boards was going on. Hopefully KK gained some insight into the current thinking of recents OC's in league & uses some of that knowledge in shaping playbook.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Interesting comments from MB this morning on the length of KK's interviews. Sounds like a lot of greasing the boards was going on. Hopefully KK gained some insight into the current thinking of recents OC's in league & uses some of that knowledge in shaping playbook.

I thought when all the candidates were announced that he must be doing a lot of research on NFL offenses during these interviews.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Interesting comment made by AQ Shipley on the Doug and Wolf show. He said a friend of his who has connections said that the innovative minds from college call Kingsbury for advice all the time. He specifically cited Reid and McVay.

Just found it interesting that teams have been hiring these NFL coaches that hit up the college guys for advice.

Kingsbury's staff looks like a good one on paper. The comments about how meticulous Kingsbury has been in hiring coaches is awesome. He takes pretty much half a day, when usually these interviews are a few hours.

I'm pleased that he turned to Keim to help with the staff too. That's one of the reasons a lot of college coaches fail, they have limited experience on their staff.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't get my mind around the futility of last seasons total ineptitude on offense. McCoy and Leftwich were BOTH horrid. The injuries didn't help but the playcalling was abysmal all season long. I can't imagine how nothing much changed over 16 games, it was mind boggling.

This staff HAS to be better...doesn't it...please say it will be...I can't watch another year like last year. But...I probably will...no matter what. It's a sickness (being a Cardinal fan) that is incurable.

God Bless you for being able to watch that mess last year. With heart issues, I have to be very careful as to how much Cardinal football I expose myself to:bang:. And yes, there's no way any offense can be as inept as what we just witnessed. You could literally bring in a HS coach & get better results. Hell, you could hire me as the OC & things would still be better.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Some interesting names on that staff and some of them straight from college ranks.

Spencer Whipple - OQC son of Mark Whipple, U Mass HC, Uof Miami HC (where Spence was a clipboard QB

David Raih - ex College QB Ex Packer WR coach ( 5 yrs Mike Mc)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I had to look up some of those names.

I guess Cam Turner was a holdover from the last staff, came to AZ from Carolina with Wilks, related to Norv Turner.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
You must be registered for see images

Some interesting names on that staff and some of them straight from college ranks.

Spencer Whipple - OQC son of Mark Whipple, U Mass HC, Uof Miami HC (where Spence was a clipboard QB

David Raih - ex College QB Ex Packer WR coach ( 5 yrs Mike Mc)
Variables - Teaching Skills? Game Day Tactics/Playcalling? Talent Evaluation?

Also - we're talking about roughly 27 staffers - I'd be curious to know whether SK and K2 send them out on scouting assignments or, instead, keeps them home to learn scheme, terminology, prepare teaching plans etc.

The desert these days has to be an exciting place to be.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the job of the quality control coach?
: Courtesy of Wiki

There are three different types of quality control teams: offensive, defensive, and special teams. Offensive quality control will chart the upcoming teams' defense for various down and distance situations, field positions and how many times they use particular personnel groupings. Defensive quality control will do similar analysis of the offense. Special teams quality control will figure out what players are used in various special situations such as kickoff and punt.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
: Courtesy of Wiki

There are three different types of quality control teams: offensive, defensive, and special teams. Offensive quality control will chart the upcoming teams' defense for various down and distance situations, field positions and how many times they use particular personnel groupings. Defensive quality control will do similar analysis of the offense. Special teams quality control will figure out what players are used in various special situations such as kickoff and punt.
Thanks!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson