Headcoach Kliff Kingsbury and his assistant coaches

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals hire Greg Williams as cornerbacks coach

The Cardinals have hired Greg Williams (not to be confused with Gregg Williams) as their cornerbacks coach, Field Yates of ESPN reports.
Williams reunites with Vance Joseph in Arizona.

Williams spent one season in Denver as the team’s defensive backs coach, but he has 16 seasons of coaching experience.

He coached the Colts’ defensive backs in 2016-17 after seven seasons with the Chargers as their assistant linebackers coach and assistant secondary coach.

Williams’ coaching career began as an intern with Arizona State in 2003 and as an assistant coach at the College of DuPage in 2004-05.

Williams also coached at Arkansas Tech and the University of Pittsburgh.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I must admit that I can’t really begin to focus on later things until the coaching staff is complete.

I wonder if the holdup in adding an offensive coordinator has something to do with them wanting to interview someone from the four teams left. Thus, I looked up their coaching staffs and noticed three coaches who might be of interest to Keim and company.

Chad O’Shea (New England Patriots) – In my opinion perhaps the most obvious candidate. For years, Josh McDaniels has been rumored to become a head coach, and every time, O’Shea has been mentioned as his replacement. This year it was Kingsbury and O’Shea who were the most likely successors if McDaniels had moved on to another team. O’Shea has been involved in the game planning for years, and the last couple of years he has been in charge of the Patriots’ red zone plays. He has 23 years of coaching experience at both the collegiate and pro level, and he is wildly respected both outside and inside the organization. He has experience coaching every offensive position.

Dan Campbell (New Orleans Saints) – I don’t know how Campbell is as a Xs and Os-guy, but I do know that he is involved in the Saints’ offensive game planning. He is also a Bill Parcells’ protégé and has learned under Sean Payton, and the last three years he has been the Saints’ assistant head coach (so I doubt they would actually let Campbell interview). This would be another outside-the-box hire, but they did bring him in for a head coaching interview, so they obviously know about his visions.

Mike Kafka (Kansas City Chiefs) – Like I said in another thread: Don’t sleep on this guy. He is already being dubbed as the next Matt Nagy, because basically everyone just assume that Kafka will be the Chiefs’ offensive coordinator whenever the present (Eric Bieniemy) leaves, and that Kafka soon after that will become a head coach. Obviously that is way too much predicting to take it seriously, but it says a lot about how he is viewed. He just retired from the NFL four years ago, but I remember how coaches were talking about him as a potential coach even when he was still a player because he is extremely intelligent (well, he went to Northwestern) and simply just “gets it”. It is Kafka who is credited by those in the know for the development of Patrick Mahomes as Kafka has worked the closest with Mahomes since he was drafted two years ago.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tom Clements is the passing game coordinator then there should be a run game coordinator. Has one been appointed yet, the oline coach maybe?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As a simple fan, I prefer Tom Clements from all those which interviewed so far. He has vast experience on a pro level, worked with guys like Favre and Rodgers, a older guy to ground this young staff, and does not appear to be the kind of person climbing the ladder for another's job

:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Tom Clements is the passing game coordinator then there should be a run game coordinator. Has one been appointed yet, the oline coach maybe?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Oline coaches are typically in the meetings building the running game

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This staff has enough experience to help KK with his game plans. I think they might be able to decipher whether a play will work or not against an NFL defense and perhaps offer an adjustment to the design. I get the feeling 2K pretty much knows what he wants to do. I doubt he will be a puppet to his staff. It’s going to be very interesting.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't get my mind around the futility of last seasons total ineptitude on offense. McCoy and Leftwich were BOTH horrid. The injuries didn't help but the playcalling was abysmal all season long. I can't imagine how nothing much changed over 16 games, it was mind boggling.

This staff HAS to be better...doesn't it...please say it will be...I can't watch another year like last year. But...I probably will...no matter what. It's a sickness (being a Cardinal fan) that is incurable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave