Head Coach choice

Head Coach choice

• Total voters

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
At this point it just feels like we're going to just "settle" for yet another coach

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
The last thing I want is a rookie HC leading this team. The Cardinals need an experienced HC that doesn't have to learn on the fly. There are too many issues with this team to deal with for a rookie HC.
I agree we cant have a rookie GM and HC. That's like the blind leading the blind and we dont want MB constantly meddling in the middle of two noobs.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Bad football is east to dismiss. Flores produced mediocre football and still got fired.

Marty Schottenheimer produced excellent regular season football but two early playoff exits got him fired. The kicker simply making the game winning FG likely wouid have saved his job for a couple more years.

Mediocre football isn't exactly something to get excited about. If the Cards ceiling after several years with Flores ends up being in the mediocre range(7-10 to 10-7) it's probably time to go a different direction.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need a coach quick because everyone of these threads end up being about some weird nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with the original topic

Dude, every thread that's ever been posted here goes off the rails at some point... you know this... hahaha

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yeah but look up the two years before that.
But on a podcast, it was also pointed out that there are circumstances where the overall success of a coordinator does not exactly dictate success or failure as a head coach and managing a team, Mike Vrabel being an example... though I agree the success of a coordinator cannot be ignored and because after all that is coaching, but the job requirements differ when you're the head coach

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
They're gonna announce our HC, some obscure name they came up with and we'll all say "Who?". Monti will talk him up and tout his great resume and vision for this team, and we'll all go SOC. Then next season we'll go 10-7, just miss the playoffs, followed by a superbowl in 2024 and we'll have our coach for the next 10+ years...

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're gonna announce our HC, some obscure name they came up with and we'll all say "Who?". Monti will talk him up and tout his great resume and vision for this team, and we'll all go SOC. Then next season we'll go 10-7, just miss the playoffs, followed by a superbowl in 2024 and we'll have our coach for the next 10+ years...
Put the pipe down and step away from the table :mrgreen:

You must be registered for see images attach

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you bet on Flores, you win $100. So you put up $125, you get $225 back.
Understood
I was just kidding, im not fond on betting btw and always tried to stay away from it
Although I do stocks trading..

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Because we're doing the standard slow as molasses, we'll take the leftovers, then the team will crow that they "got their guy they wanted all along." That schtick is old. Sigh.
We weren’t slow as molasses when we picked KK, and how did that turn out? We were the last team to select our HC when we picked BA & that did work out. You and I have been following this mess of a franchise for a long time, so I understand the frustration. I really do. It would be different if there were 10 teams looking for a HC, then I think urgency is more important. I can’t say that I wasn’t upset when we couldn’t get Payton, but I didn’t like the haul they got from a desperate Broncos team whose GM is on the hot seat for the mess last offseason. If I were Bidwill, I would consider waiting until after the SB & interview the Eagles OC & DC. At this point so what if the Colts pick Saturday, Morris, etc. I think the Colts like the OC for Philly, so I wouldn’t be shocked if they wait until after the SB.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There was a time to get our (presumed) man. That's over.

At this point, Monti needs to get the best of what's left, however long it takes.

The NFL's full universe of candidates is open after the SB, and with nothing to lose, waiting isn't an issue.

I sure don't want crazy Irsay to instill fear into MB to panic hire a 3rd tier candidate in front of them.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
How?

When Reich went to the Panthers we were all like "Ok, quite liked Reich but can see why he went home".

Very few people wanted Dan Quinn so when he said he was staying put most were "Meh ok"

Ryans never interviewed here and chose the worse job because he's a Texans boy. Hardly anything we could do about that.

And then the Broncos give a 1st and 2nd for a retired Sean Payton and we "Cardinaled the search"?

I'm not sure what the Cardinals could have done different on anything that's gone down so far other than overpay for Payton. I think it's obvious they tried hard. Between Thursday and Monday it seems they tried to get a deal done with the Saints, which suggests that Payton was interested in coming here, but they decided they didn't want to pay that much. Which I think is reasonable.
It’s amazing how Brit can find an excuse for not getting anyone instead of holding the organization to the standard of “be a great organization and rise above the excuses and just get it done.” Falling back on excuses is what a loser organization does. Hence the cardinals history.

You can say “this coach didn’t want to come here” but what you’re really saying is the organization didn’t come up with the combination of factors to change that guy’s mind. That’s a failure.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How?

When Reich went to the Panthers we were all like "Ok, quite liked Reich but can see why he went home".

Very few people wanted Dan Quinn so when he said he was staying put most were "Meh ok"

Ryans never interviewed here and chose the worse job because he's a Texans boy. Hardly anything we could do about that.

And then the Broncos give a 1st and 2nd for a retired Sean Payton and we "Cardinaled the search"?

I'm not sure what the Cardinals could have done different on anything that's gone down so far other than overpay for Payton. I think it's obvious they tried hard. Between Thursday and Monday it seems they tried to get a deal done with the Saints, which suggests that Payton was interested in coming here, but they decided they didn't want to pay that much. Which I think is reasonable.
There is no real indication the cardinals tried to get a deal done with Payton other than ASFN fantasy. Unless there was a reported contract offer that was turned down that I don’t know about which is entirely possible.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no real indication the cardinals tried to get a deal done with Payton other than ASFN fantasy. Unless there was a reported contract offer that was turned down that I don’t know about which is entirely possible.

Evidence or indication?

An 8 hour meeting followed by 3 days of coaching search inactivity suggests they tried. What the Broncos paid suggests they were bidding against someone else.

But we will never know for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose