• Sean Payton

• Brian Flores

• Vance Joseph (edited)

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Three to four hours for the interview is reasonable, but seven hours is more than just an interview. Bidwill either struck a deal with Payton or they're really close to finalizing it. At this point, I'd be really surprised if Sean Payton isn't the next coach of the Cards.

Unfortunately, being really surprised at developments on Hardy tends to happen with some regularity.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe he wants Kyler to feel included.
Agree! Bidwill said all along he wants Kyler to have input. Maybe the deal is done in principal pending Kylers opinion. Another holdup would be who is locked in as his coaching staff.

Plus, they need to make a splash on the Fox broadcast. Hopefully the decision is no later than tomorrow cause this is kill’n me.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I will say this, for a franchise which is able to exert so much control over information from leaking out, it behooves them that they are not likewise able to extend that same kind of professionalism towards winning lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I will say this, for a franchise which is able to exert so much control over information from leaking out, it behooves them that they are not likewise able to extend that same kind of professionalism towards winning lol
They definitely aren't letting wins leak out.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Save the petition. I never have or will.

And, yes, I'd be overjoyed if the first-ballot Hall of Famer joined his former H-C as QB Coach.

One would have to be congenitally dim not to see the advantage of this association with KM.
Nope you wanted Drew Brees instead of Sean Payton but you probably forgot to edit that in. #Madden

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope you wanted Drew Brees instead of Sean Payton but you probably forgot to edit that in. #Madden

I said weeks ago that in lieu of hiring Payton, who I doubted would be available, they could tap into his offensive approach by hiring Brees as QB Coach and pass game coordinator. At NO POINT did I say they shouldn't hire Payton, and I've simply added that a combo of Payton and Drew could be just what the Doctor ordered.

That said: Don't let having all of the info at your disposal crimp your need for childish drive-by smears.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I am all in on Payton but have been disappointed too many times. Think we get Flores after a strong push to get Payton which falls short.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With 4-5 days of Payton hoopla, anyone hired after this will be anti-climatic and a bit hard sell to most of us.

The fact its been a couple of weeks and it's all very quiet tells me they are working hard on Payton.

I think there is mutual interest but it's a lot of plates to spin at once and it might not happen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sean Payton. That has been my feeling since the Cards/Falcons game when they gave Payton that game to pick, he looked very uncomfortable picking against the Cardinals and there was Terry Bradshaw patting him on the back pulling him through it. To me, that body language said he really wants to be here!
Agree 100%. Thanks for reminding me of that. I recall it vividly. And I‘m still of the belief that Michael & Payton hooked up on 12/31 at the MI/TCU semifinal game.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Founded or unfounded, 56% of this forum sure does have a lot of faith in Mikey Bidwill

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Thanks for reminding me of that. I recall it vividly. And I‘m still of the belief that Michael & Payton hooked up on 12/31 at the MI/TCU semifinal game.
Watch the video of Bidwill & Payton leaving together from the facilities, getting in the same car, didn't look to me like it was on bad terms at all. I think a deal had been tentatively reached & Sean was heading to Dallas to have a talk with Kyler. I'll be completely shocked if it isn't announced tomorrow or Monday.