HDMI adapter question

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dug out an older Sharp flat screen. Firesticks and Roku, etc. are so cheap I bought a few.

The Sharp input array does not include an HDMI female socket. I do have the old style coax input, the Component cable inputs and the analog RGB input ( female ).

Anyone make an adapter for the HDMI male to one of these inputs?

This will be my shop tv. Great pic so I would like to use it with the streaming device.

You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the problem you're going to run into is the copyright protection that's built into the HDMI spec. When they first transitioned to digital only outputs on content sources, there was a device called HDFury that would go in-between the source and the monitor and convert the digital signals to analog (component and RGB). There isn't a technical limitation other than the content producers wanted a way to keep pirates from copying high quality versions using the analog "hole". You might still find an HDFury out there, but I would make sure that they have a good return policy because the Firestick's/Roku's might not play nice with them at all. They aren't especially cheap either as I recall so that needs to figure into your equation.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson