Hawks @ Suns Saturday game thread 11-6-2021

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Okay... so you guys are watching these games. What is going on with this team? They seem adept at making furious fourth quarter comebacks but why do they keep getting boat raced in third quarters that necessitate these big comebacks?

Also, considering most of you think we’re still nowhere near firing on all cylinders, 5-3 isn’t too bad, especially looking at other pre-season “contenders.”
The problem of having a good team that knows that they're a good team. Often lack of focus for chunks of a game where they just have the thought of "we can back at them at any time."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Okay... so you guys are watching these games. What is going on with this team? They seem adept at making furious fourth quarter comebacks but why do they keep getting boat raced in third quarters that necessitate these big comebacks?

Also, considering most of you think we’re still nowhere near firing on all cylinders, 5-3 isn’t too bad, especially looking at other pre-season “contenders.”
I really think it’s simple: Our perimeter defense is terrible and we rely on the 3 too much. Those are fixable but I don’t see any adjustment from Monty. Tonight was really the worst reliance on the 3 that we’ve seen all season.

The frustrating thing is that in almost every game, and certainly our wins, there is a good 15 minute stretch where we play like the best team in the NBA. We just can’t sustain it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul had 16 points and 13 assists along with 6 rebounds.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee got scratched on the eye.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s nothing too serious. I remember thinking Amares injury wasn’t anything.

The eye didn't look good from my perspective. I commend McGee for playing with it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That
JaVale McGee got scratched on the eye.

I was at the game. Saw that, it was right in front of me. The tears were running now his face. That guy works really hard, just not always really smart.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was shocked early in the game how many flat threes the Suns were putting up. I am talking about trajectory. You can tell when the shot is in the air it isn't going in. Once they kinda got into the game they would get more lift and better trajectory on the ball.

They really upped the D in the 4th quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That

I was at the game. Saw that, it was right in front of me. The tears were running now his face. That guy works really hard, just not always really smart.

McGee's eye looked bloody. If Ayton were available I doubt he plays after that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty on the Suns coming back from a 12 point deficit.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've not read this thread yet, but I can say, that was probably the most entertaining Suns game that I have attended in person, for sure the best in the last decade. I went to a couple games that went to OT during the last 10 years but it was when the team sucked and we were playing spoiler, this was far more fun.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It was a great game, got scary for a bit but CP3 snapped them back.
Frank played DAs mins like an absolute stud.
Booker was amazing as usual.
Cam Payne could have probably used a few more days off.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really think it’s simple: Our perimeter defense is terrible and we rely on the 3 too much. Those are fixable but I don’t see any adjustment from Monty. Tonight was really the worst reliance on the 3 that we’ve seen all season.

The frustrating thing is that in almost every game, and certainly our wins, there is a good 15 minute stretch where we play like the best team in the NBA. We just can’t sustain it.
I disagree about us relying on the 3 too much. No we don’t shoot enough of them actually, because we are not shooting them at a high enough percentage so far.

this game was the first time all year there was enough attempts actually.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I disagree about us relying on the 3 too much. No we don’t shoot enough of them actually, because we are not shooting them at a high enough percentage so far.

this game was the first time all year there was enough attempts actually.
Huh? You only make 30% of your 3s, it’s usually time to try something else, not keep doing it. We took 43 3s in that game. And missed 29 of them. Those aren’t just wasted shots, those are wasted possessions against a team that outrebounded us.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was at work but saw highlights when i woke up

Awesome comeback w great book balled 38 pts!!!

How did shamett look and mcgee?

Toke hit to suns w love the comeback late victorys!!

Goooo suns we are the valley!!!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take Payne's and Johnson's threes away and it was good. Bridges was way off too between the three 0-12
This stat usually lines up with a loss. Luckily Frank stepped it up!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This stat usually lines up with a loss. Luckily Frank stepped it up!

We keep saying “luckily” when it comes to frank. The guy is under appreciated on the team and on the board here. Too bad he didn’t get more burn in the finals.

We forget how large frank is. He makes smart plays to offset some of his athletic limitations. His shot keeps them honest.

Although not quite a passer as Dario I think he makes Dario expendable.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We keep saying “luckily” when it comes to frank. The guy is under appreciated on the team and on the board here. Too bad he didn’t get more burn in the finals.

We forget how large frank is. He makes smart plays to offset some of his athletic limitations. His shot keeps them honest.

Although not quite a passer as Dario I think he makes Dario expendable.

I especially like the first two paragraphs.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Super Dario. Hope we get him back and he stays healthy. He doesn't rely on athleticism as much as some other players, so I hope he gets back to were he was (pre-playoff and pre-covid).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we all agree Frank Kaminsky is a huge asset for the Suns.

They are very lucky to have three competent centers.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Did Frank improved his game or was he always like this? If he was always like this then why he didn’t show up during the finals?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose