Hawk @ Suns

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Good game so far! I am liking the twin tower setup (Len and Chandler). They rebound, and they are both passing the ball and facilitating really well.

Goodwin doing a decent job running the offense.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If the game goes bad you can just sit back and enjoy listening to Albert butcher Al Horford's name. So far it sounds like he's called him hofurd, hurfurd, hufud, hofud, hawfuwd, hawfud, hawferd and probably 20 other variants.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
7/17/4/2 for Chandler at the half.

If we wanted to we would easily be able to trade him.

Lets hope Atlanta goes on a run in the 2nd half. Minnesota looks like they could beat Memphis tonight.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
These injuries are a blessing in disguise....our youngsters are finally getting extended playing time.

You know if we didn't have injuries then no way Hornacek gives these kids quality time to actually develop.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Suns found a way to make Jeff Hornacek a somewhat better coach. Let injuries limit the roster so he can't give up on players so often.

And how about Tyson Chandler tying the Suns all time rebound record with 27 (so far) and the first back-to-back 20 rebound games in Suns history.

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Twin towers combining for 80 minutes, and youngsters playing great!

29 points and 39 rebounds by the two big guys! EDITL 10 assists too. :)

Last edited:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is why Suns fans have been complaining forever about Goodwin not getting enough playing time. He's well capable of playing like this if he gets the time. Even now, he would be riding the pine if Ronnie Price was freaking healthy. RONNIE PRICE is who Hornacek would play over Goodwin.

What a game by him, Chandler and Len!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is why Suns fans have been complaining forever about Goodwin not getting enough playing time. He's well capable of playing like this if he gets the time. Even now, he would be riding the pine if Ronnie Price was freaking healthy. RONNIE PRICE is who Hornacek would play over Goodwin.

What a game by him, Chandler and Len!

Good for Goodwin hitting that shot, but if the refs are not giving him calls on his reckless drives (they were tonight) then he stinks. And that buzzer beater was dumb luck, a really poor job by him of managing the clock and failing to create any sort of decent luck, but his prayer went in.

But yes, he should play over Price, Price is the worst.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a good win by the Suns. I couldn't help but root for Archie Goodwin playing PG and getting the winning shot. Maybe Hornacek has found some players that will play hard given the opportunity.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Goodwin did a lot of good things out there but again, his play highlighted the simple fact that he isn't a point guard. I think he and Booker could line up next to a good point guard and give us a really nice trio in a few years but Goodwin isn't the answer running the offense.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goodwin did a lot of good things out there but again, his play highlighted the simple fact that he isn't a point guard. I think he and Booker could line up next to a good point guard and give us a really nice trio in a few years but Goodwin isn't the answer running the offense.

I think the plan was for Archie to run the clock down to almost zero and then take the shot was what Hornacek wanted. IMO, Hornacek did not want to lose this game in regulation. It may have not been a pretty shot but he managed to create a scoring opportunity while other players may not have gotten off the shot. In this case it worked. I'm not arguing that Archie is more than a second or third PG on the roster but I'd like to see how he develops at the ripe old age of 21 no matter what position he plays. I still believe in him as an NBA ballplayer.

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think the plan was for Archie to run the clock down to almost zero and then take the shot was what Hornacek wanted. IMO, Hornacek did not want to lose this game in regulation. It may have not been a pretty shot but he managed to create a scoring opportunity while other players may not have gotten off the shot. In this case it worked. I'm not arguing that Archie is more than a second or third PG on the roster but I'd like to see how he develops at the ripe old age of 21 no matter what position he plays. I still believe in him as an NBA ballplayer.

That's not what the plan was. Archie tried to penetrate, then pass, then penetrate again. He took a desperation jumper, and it went in. I was happy to see Archie get some playing time (and play well), but Catlover is spot-on about Goodwin. He is NOT a point guard. He makes Bledsoe look like Steve Nash. That's OK, though- very few shooting guards can play PG well.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

No, the play was supposed to end up with a pass to Alex. Archie said he believed in himself and decided to take the shot instead. But I was talking about his game in general, not that last play. I want to see him get stronger and play on the wing.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well. Chandler is now looking more marketable. That's good. Goodwin might even get us a touch more than just a throw in

You watching David Griffin? Or maybe I should say Rich Paul.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose