Hassan Reddick

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I’m 100% convinced our coaches are just clueless
This one is actually on Keim. He could have franchised Reddick even after the 5th year option blunder but decided Kennard and Golden would fill the void, turned out he was wrong as usual. Funny, even CAR appears to have made the same mistake after his productive year there.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This one is actually on Keim. He could have franchised Reddick even after the 5th year option blunder but decided Kennard and Golden would fill the void, turned out he was wrong as usual. Funny, even CAR appears to have made the same mistake after his productive year there.
Two bad organizations, no big surprise.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The really frustrating thing was we had the cap space to sign Watt and STILL sign Reddick. Also, they knew they were going to be moving on from Jones The next season at the time all of this went down so to move forward without the only young pass rusher on the team made zero sense.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The really frustrating thing was we had the cap space to sign Watt and STILL sign Reddick. Also, they knew they were going to be moving on from Jones The next season at the time all of this went down.
Since when is a pass rush important in the NFL?

Serious teams plan - half our roster being FA after the season and tons of dead money is not a plan. Keim just reacts and hopes.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Fifth-year blunder?

Find me one post at the time that suggested we should pick up his fifth-year option.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes - not keeping Reddick was a major blunder.

Keim finally drafts well, but still manages to screw it up

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fifth-year blunder?

Find me one post at the time that suggested we should pick up his fifth-year option.
You must be registered for see images attach

For an ILB his numbers weren't bad considering he didn't start most of the games he played until Year 4 when he blew up as a pass rusher. Not sure what the option year salary was but I am sure it wasn't cap breaking. He actually showed a lot of promise his second year but then in came Vance Joseph who it took a year to figure out he had a pass rusher.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of all the blunders Keim has made over the years, letting Reddick walk has always baffled me the most.
What was most baffling to me was we didn’t even make any ATTEMPT to bring him back. And it wasn’t like he was breaking the bank like Kirk did. Just discarded our best young pass rusher like he was some washed up player with a domestic abuse charge.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
What was most baffling to me was we didn’t even make any ATTEMPT to bring him back. And it wasn’t like he was breaking the bank like Kirk did. Just discarded our best young pass rusher like he was some washed up player with a domestic abuse charge.
Or maybe Reddick wanted to test FA or didn’t want to come back! The world may never know

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Or maybe Reddick wanted to test FA or didn’t want to come back! The world may never know
I think that's a stretch. Carolina signed him to a one year prove it deal.

His last year with the Cardinals he posted not only over 10 sacks, but also like 25 pressures. He was a beast. Cardinals could have even signed him to a two year deal with decent money.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

His last year with the Cardinals he posted not only over 10 sacks, but also like 25 pressures. He was a beast. Cardinals could have even signed him to a two year deal with decent money.
refer back to the OP message in this thread.

“I watched, I listened, I saw what people said and I won’t forget,” Reddick said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “But, as you can see, I came out here this year and did what I had to do. And I bet you they ain’t saying it now.”

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
refer back to the OP message in this thread.

“I watched, I listened, I saw what people said and I won’t forget,” Reddick said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN. “But, as you can see, I came out here this year and did what I had to do. And I bet you they ain’t saying it now.”
Thats what he said later. Before free agency he said he was agreeable to staying.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This doesn't obviate his desire to test Free Agency, and we don't know whether the CARDS made any attempt to retain his services prior to or subsequently.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. Put up your hands, those who thought that was a good idea at the time.
I was advocating for it.

And even those who didn’t, guess what, your GM is supposed to know BETTER than the average fan.

He left for a 1 year deal. Whatever Keim tried or did not try to do, he ultimately FAILED to retain a young stud pass rusher that this team desperately needed and still needs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose