Harkins to do special showing of Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I still remember seeing this for the fist time in I think 7th or 8th grade at the old UA cinema that was at Scottsdale's Center for the Performing Arts. I think it was one of, if not the, first movie I went to on my own with a buddy and no parents watching us.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still remember seeing this for the fist time in I think 7th or 8th grade at the old UA cinema that was at Scottsdale's Center for the Performing Arts. I think it was one of, if not the, first movie I went to on my own with a buddy and no parents watching us.
The good ole United Artists 5 Theaters. Saw so many films there. Karate Kid, Platoon, Breakfast Club, Gremlins, etc.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good ole United Artists 5 Theaters. Saw so many films there. Karate Kid, Platoon, Breakfast Club, Gremlins, etc.
The United Artists theaters and the Mann theaters in the valley were the two chains that bring back nostalgia. Not to mention the original Kachina and original Cine Capri.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Same, I grew up at about 56th and Indian School so it and Camelview 5 were my two theaters. Camelview is the one I'm missing now. Loved the big auditorium theater there and all of the indie films in the 90s. Fond memories and I sort of wish we had some auditoriums like it still over the stadium seating.