Hardy suspended for 10 games

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did I say he was a Boy Scout? And where did it say he hit her? Read the police report. She was attacking him and he shoved her to the group. Bad? Yes! In the same realm of Hardy? No!

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2014/04/daryl_washington_gets_probatio.php

According to court documents, Washington had gone to Ciera MacDonald's apartment to see his child, and Washington apparently left with the baby, without telling MacDonald.

Washington came back a few minutes later and told MacDonald that he'd just gone to Dairy Queen, but that sparked the argument. As MacDonald tried to take back the baby, Washington "pushed Ciera away and would not allow Ciera to get close to him," according to the documents.

"At one point Daryl extended his hand and grabbed Ciera by the neck pushing her over the landing railing while choking her," a probable-cause statement says. "Ciera said she was unable to breathe and felt as if she was going to fall over the railing."

MacDonald didn't fall over the railing, but a nurse at a family-advocacy center found injuries on her neck "consistent with her version of events," according to the documents.Washington eventually let go of his grip, and MacDonald took back the baby.

MacDonald tried to close the apartment door behind her, but Washington pushed his way in, and followed MacDonald to her bedroom, the documents state.

At that point, Washington took MacDonald's cellphone and walked out, heading for his car. MacDonald chased him, throwing a "hand woven basket" with a plastic plant at Washington, which actually hit his car instead.

Washington tried to push and pull MacDonald out of the car, as she tried to get her phone, until she tried to run around the vehicle to get in another door. According to the documents, that's when Washington shoved her from behind, causing her to fall, and breaking her collarbone, and causing several cuts, scrapes, and bruises.

The documents indicated that Washington was involved in prior domestic-violence incidents with MacDonald, both reported to police and unreported.

-----------------------------------

If choking and shoving is cool because, in your words, "He didn't hit her." then we definitely must agree to disagree.

He just seems to make poor choice after poor choice. He instigated all of this by taking their child without notice, forcing his way into her place, taking her phone, etc. Grow the hell up already, Daryl.

Hopefully, he has grown up a lot during his time away from the team. Still - such a waste of talent. Would rather smoke pot than play football. I guess he figures he gets paid either way...

I just wish teams could cut headcases like this and not take a cap hit. He's done nothing but hurt the team by his actions/unavailability.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The woman as i read last year was well known by police cause she was involved in a couple of assaults

She reportedly had called the cops on DWash before - according to court documents.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2014/04/daryl_washington_gets_probatio.php

According to court documents, Washington had gone to Ciera MacDonald's apartment to see his child, and Washington apparently left with the baby, without telling MacDonald.

Washington came back a few minutes later and told MacDonald that he'd just gone to Dairy Queen, but that sparked the argument. As MacDonald tried to take back the baby, Washington "pushed Ciera away and would not allow Ciera to get close to him," according to the documents.

"At one point Daryl extended his hand and grabbed Ciera by the neck pushing her over the landing railing while choking her," a probable-cause statement says. "Ciera said she was unable to breathe and felt as if she was going to fall over the railing."

MacDonald didn't fall over the railing, but a nurse at a family-advocacy center found injuries on her neck "consistent with her version of events," according to the documents.Washington eventually let go of his grip, and MacDonald took back the baby.

MacDonald tried to close the apartment door behind her, but Washington pushed his way in, and followed MacDonald to her bedroom, the documents state.

At that point, Washington took MacDonald's cellphone and walked out, heading for his car. MacDonald chased him, throwing a "hand woven basket" with a plastic plant at Washington, which actually hit his car instead.

Washington tried to push and pull MacDonald out of the car, as she tried to get her phone, until she tried to run around the vehicle to get in another door. According to the documents, that's when Washington shoved her from behind, causing her to fall, and breaking her collarbone, and causing several cuts, scrapes, and bruises.

The documents indicated that Washington was involved in prior domestic-violence incidents with MacDonald, both reported to police and unreported.

-----------------------------------

If choking and shoving is cool because, in your words, "He didn't hit her." then we definitely must agree to disagree.

He just seems to make poor choice after poor choice. He instigated all of this by taking their child without notice, forcing his way into her place, taking her phone, etc. Grow the hell up already, Daryl.

Hopefully, he has grown up a lot during his time away from the team. Still - such a waste of talent. Would rather smoke pot than play football. I guess he figures he gets paid either way...

I just wish teams could cut headcases like this and not take a cap hit. He's done nothing but hurt the team by his actions/unavailability.

Seriously, I find it unacceptable that you keep putting words in my mouth. Where did I ever say it was cool? I am done, good day.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. Let us compare:

Washington had a single altercation with a baby momma while picking up his child where he allegedly pushed the woman off of him and she broke her collarbone when she fell to the ground.

allegedly? he was convicted... and took full responsibility. that ain't an alledged complaint at that point.

and the full police report is pretty damn ugly. he took his child without permission, grabbed her around the neck, they got the child back, tried to get back into the house where he forced his way in, stole her phone then ran out, she threw a hand-woven plastic plant (which is completely different then what people had been saying about a potted plant) that missed him and then he threw her to the ground breaking her collarbone.

that's ugly... really ugly no matter how you slice it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I find it unacceptable that you keep putting words in my mouth. Where did I ever say it was cool? I am done, good day.

You defended him by saying "He didn't hit her." and asked me to look through the police report and point out where it said he hit her. Like it isn't that bad of a situation just because he never closed a fist and punched her. Really?

To me grabbing around the neck, choking someone, pushing them, and ultimately shoving them to the ground with two hands are all equal to hitting.

But we can agree to disagree on this too, I guess.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
allegedly? he was convicted... and took full responsibility. that ain't an alledged complaint at that point.

and the full police report is pretty damn ugly. he took his child without permission, grabbed her around the neck, they got the child back, tried to get back into the house where he forced his way in, stole her phone then ran out, she threw a hand-woven plastic plant (which is completely different then what people had been saying about a potted plant) that missed him and then he threw her to the ground breaking her collarbone.

that's ugly... really ugly no matter how you slice it.

+1

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What pisses me off, is how long they wait to announce. There is no good reason to not already announce DWash's next suspension. They leave teams on limbo and it's stupid.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This question is to any of our salary cap Guru's;

How does the salary cap work in the situations? I mean can Dallas now spend the money that he was due for those 10 games? Like on lets say Adrian Peterson? And if they do and then his suspension is reduced, what would happen?

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This question is to any of our salary cap Guru's;

How does the salary cap work in the situations? I mean can Dallas now spend the money that he was due for those 10 games? Like on lets say Adrian Peterson? And if they do and then his suspension is reduced, what would happen?

I'm not a guru, but I don't think they can.

It's set aside from what I understand. I don't think they recover it until he misses the game, and even then it might not be recovered until next season. I'm assuming these cap holdings are considered LTBE, which should mean that if he doesn't hit these likely to be earned game bonuses, then they recoup it next year.

I'm assuming that because if they were unlikely to be earned, they would not count against the cap this year, and if he earned them, they would take away cap next year. So since all they've been saying is how they have to set it aside, and did, I'm going to guess it's baked in.

I'd also say it's a slam dunk that he'll get the suspension reduced. Arbitrators have reduced suspensions for basically the same reason that applies to Hardy's case as well... that the incident happened BEFORE the new policy, and thus he is subject to the disciplinary rules that were in place when the incident happened. I don't know what else might impact the situation, but if memory serves correct it means the old policy was two games. So it's possible the arbitrator might strike it down to two games. They might even say no suspension because of the time missed last year.

I do wonder how this will impact DWash. Because we may see him get something like a 6-8-10 game suspension but he too may be able to appeal it down to two games.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I'm not a guru, but I don't think they can.

It's set aside from what I understand. I don't think they recover it until he misses the game, and even then it might not be recovered until next season. I'm assuming these cap holdings are considered LTBE, which should mean that if he doesn't hit these likely to be earned game bonuses, then they recoup it next year.

I'm assuming that because if they were unlikely to be earned, they would not count against the cap this year, and if he earned them, they would take away cap next year. So since all they've been saying is how they have to set it aside, and did, I'm going to guess it's baked in.

I'd also say it's a slam dunk that he'll get the suspension reduced. Arbitrators have reduced suspensions for basically the same reason that applies to Hardy's case as well... that the incident happened BEFORE the new policy, and thus he is subject to the disciplinary rules that were in place when the incident happened. I don't know what else might impact the situation, but if memory serves correct it means the old policy was two games. So it's possible the arbitrator might strike it down to two games. They might even say no suspension because of the time missed last year.

I do wonder how this will impact DWash. Because we may see him get something like a 6-8-10 game suspension but he too may be able to appeal it down to two games.

That is pretty much what I was thinking, because the LTBE was already calculated into their cap for this year. Thanks for taking the time.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So hard to know what I would do in these situations.

On one hand he is a monster and she really needed to testify and make him pay for what he did to her. Not only that but for the next girl.

But then again, who knows how much he paid her in the settlement. 1 million? 2? That is life changing.

So it's easy for me to say oh that sucks she didn't testify and he walked, but I'm not her. If she testifies she might get justice, but probably not.

Men who beat on women are cowards.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So hard to know what I would do in these situations.

On one hand he is a monster and she really needed to testify and make him pay for what he did to her. Not only that but for the next girl.

But then again, who knows how much he paid her in the settlement. 1 million? 2? That is life changing.

So it's easy for me to say oh that sucks she didn't testify and he walked, but I'm not her. If she testifies she might get justice, but probably not.

Men who beat on women are cowards.

Almost guarantee she only got involved for his $$$ anyway... She got her wish

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The reports were that he beat her on a futon of machine guns so the pics didn't surprise me. In my eyes this doesn't make the Cowboys worse than it did when they signed him. They were equally dispicaple then.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Don't worry, Hardy and Aldon Smith can play all they want, but DWaste has been sent to the glue factory.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't understand how an arbitrator could look at the case, see the photos, and reduce the suspension from 10 games to 4. That guy needs his head examined.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I'm confused by Jerry Jones' statement he's standing behind Greg Hardy. How can he hold the girl for Hardy to hit if he's standing behind Hardy? Better redraw the Xs and Os on that one Jerry. Anything for a win!

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm confused by Jerry Jones' statement he's standing behind Greg Hardy. How can he hold the girl for Hardy to hit if he's standing behind Hardy? Better redraw the Xs and Os on that one Jerry. Anything for a win!

That's Jerry!! All he cares about is winning games. Player behavior doesn't mean a damn thing to him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I'd be a hypocrite for saying that they should rid of Hardy as I've stated that people ought to not hold these athletes to high regard and was (is?) a proponent for welcoming back D-Wash, as most footballers have deep-seeded issues that we're likely not aware of. However, successful franchises don't enable their behavior by calling them "leaders."

Hardy's behavior has been deplorable, but the honest truth is he did serve his punishment through the NFL and shouldn't be punished further even with the pictures being released. He got off lucky on the assault charges due to a technicality, which rubs me the wrong way.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I'd be a hypocrite for saying that they should rid of Hardy as I've stated that people ought to not hold these athletes to high regard and was (is?) a proponent for welcoming back D-Wash, as most footballers have deep-seeded issues that we're likely not aware of. However, successful franchises don't enable their behavior by calling them "leaders."

Hardy's behavior has been deplorable, but the honest truth is he did serve his punishment through the NFL and shouldn't be punished further even with the pictures being released. He got off lucky on the assault charges due to a technicality, which rubs me the wrong way.

It's an embarrassment he's playing in this league after what we (including teams) all know he did. Even more, knowing Jones' wife is on the domestic violence committee. Most here is Dallas are screaming for his head after those pics surfaced yesterday & rightfully so.

Where are Ray McDonald, Rice & even the former Cards RB playing these days? Hardy should be cut but the Cowpies ASAP, but we know the idiot owner cares more about winning than anything that's right. Justice is being served by a longgggg season for those guys.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard