Hardy suspended for 10 games

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Almost guarantee she only got involved for his $$$ anyway... She got her wish

Shane, I love ya buddy, but this is an Ugly statement. This almost reads like she deserved what she got.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
By no means did she deserve beaten at all but did you read the deadspin article? She's no saint herself. And, I think this is what Shane may have meant, she's obviously happy with the settlement and got what she wanted. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd be coming forward and it would be a whole different story for Hardy because he'd be behind bars.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By no means did she deserve beaten at all but did you read the deadspin article? She's no saint herself. And, I think this is what Shane may have meant, she's obviously happy with the settlement and got what she wanted. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd be coming forward and it would be a whole different story for Hardy because he'd be behind bars.

yeah... this reads even worse, IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If people have ever known a victim of domestic abuse I don't see how they think that. MOst victims don't come forward, most of the ones who do then retract their statements.

most of them are not in it for money, most of them are in it because they love the person but the person is abusive and it makes it incredibly difficult for them to just turn the person in. Plus many that do turn the person in then watch the legal system let them go.

If kids are involved it's even worse.

I hate it when people start nitpicking the victim, Greg Hardy is a despicable human being, that Jerry Jones signed him goes to show the mindset of win at all costs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If people have ever known a victim of domestic abuse I don't see how they think that. MOst victims don't come forward, most of the ones who do then retract their statements.

most of them are not in it for money, most of them are in it because they love the person but the person is abusive and it makes it incredibly difficult for them to just turn the person in. Plus many that do turn the person in then watch the legal system let them go.

I hate it when people start nitpicking the victim, Greg Hardy is a despicable human being, that Jerry Jones signed him goes to show the mindset of win at all costs.

A few weeks back, Jerry called him a team leader that he wants to extend.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
A few weeks back, Jerry called him a team leader that he wants to extend.

Whatever happened to the NFLs stance years ago that your team would be punished & held accountable for have such idiots on your team?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

bingo. the whole "she was no saint", "she got what she wanted" stuff is pretty gross, IMO.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score

I agree and wasn't nitpicking the victim. Every situation is different. However, her getting paid off and no longer cooperating derailed the case. Which means she was cooperating at one time and even led to a bench conviction. I'm not disparaging her at all, or saying that she deserved getting beat, or was originally in it for the money, but she found an acceptable settlement to her and moved on.

I wish she would have kept pressing forward and had him prosecuted but, you're right in that there's always a chance he'd would have gotten off lightly in the court system anyway.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
bingo. the whole "she was no saint", "she got what she wanted" stuff is pretty gross, IMO.
How's the view on that high horse. Where does saying she was no saint imply that deserved to get beaten or did you miss the opening sentence?

She's not a saint, read the article, but that has no bearing on the case.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I agree and wasn't nitpicking the victim. Every situation is different. However, her getting paid off and no longer cooperating derailed the case. Which means she was cooperating at one time and even led to a bench conviction. I'm not disparaging her at all, or saying that she deserved getting beat, or was originally in it for the money, but she found an acceptable settlement to her and moved on.

I wish she would have kept pressing forward and had him prosecuted but, you're right in that there's always a chance he'd would have gotten off lightly in the court system anyway.

I think 99% of women who are abused are too scared of further violence, even death or too embarrassed that it happened to them. Sad, but I don't anyone should get off free for beating a woman.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I think 99% of women who are abused are too scared of further violence, even death or too embarrassed that it happened to them. Sad, but I don't anyone should get off free for beating a woman.
I agree and I wish they could build a case from the other woman who came forward as a witness. But I can see where it would be very hard to build a case without the victim.

I wonder if Jones will succumb to public pressure and release him. In reality, he should release him, or never signed in the first place for that matter, based solely on principal.

It will also be interesting to see how the fans react to Hardy when he's on the field. I don't see how they can cheer the guy but it won't surprise me when they do after he sacks Bradford for a 10 yard loss.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I remember hearing some commentator, maybe Schefter, a while back saying what Hardy did to this girl was even worse than the Ray Rice incident and that the only reason he was getting back into the league is because there was no pubic video of the incident like with Rice. Now that these pictures have come to the forefront I think it will be very difficult for Jones to keep him.

But, you know, good ole Jerry is just giving him a second chance. What a clown.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's why in many states they will prosecute even after the woman drops it if they have enough evidence without her testimony. They understand the dynamic and the natural tendency of the woman to want to give the guy another chance.

Unfortunately Hardy apparently was not one of those people who still got prosecuted.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Let's say she was in the relationship for money, still changes nothing of Hardy's action. Put it this way, if she was a friend or a relative, the stance of 'money' would still not make one forgive Hardy for his extreme actions, and seeing his recent spat on the sidelines confirms his mental insanity and issues with violence that even exceeds the bounds of aggression on a football field where it is especially such people who should have control once the whistle blows with their physical attributes... he pulled that crap during a game with his own coach, that is a red flag the NFL should act on when it continues to happen on their own stage if their circus called a judgment committee is really sincere!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's the view on that high horse.

I already told you the view was pretty ugly. Why ask again?

Where does saying she was no saint imply that deserved to get beaten or did you miss the opening sentence?

She's not a saint, read the article, but that has no bearing on the case.

then why bring it up? you bring up that she's not a saint and that she got what she wanted... it's pretty easy to make the leap that you think in some way shape or form, she brought this on herself. bottom line, no one wants to take a beating in order to get money. That's my opinion. If it bothers you, so be it.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shane, I love ya buddy, but this is an Ugly statement. This almost reads like she deserved what she got.

Not at all ... Just stating what I believe... No doubt in my mind she was a $$$ chaser and in the end she got it... May not have been how she wanted but she got it none the less... In no way shape or form am i implying "she deserved what she got"

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The way this went down it wreaks of a money grab and the refusal to testify in no way shape or form is in the same vein as the instances your citing above in other cases. Which are common. No doubt.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree and I wish they could build a case from the other woman who came forward as a witness. But I can see where it would be very hard to build a case without the victim.

I wonder if Jones will succumb to public pressure and release him. In reality, he should release him, or never signed in the first place for that matter, based solely on principal.

It will also be interesting to see how the fans react to Hardy when he's on the field. I don't see how they can cheer the guy but it won't surprise me when they do after he sacks Bradford for a 10 yard loss.

You definitely don't need the victim to convict in a DV case.... A witness is a perfect way to convict... However her being that girls friend one would assume she's going to do what her friends requesting so she can get her payday...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Id be willing to get beat for enough money. Anyone got spare dough and want to kick my ass? :D

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I already told you the view was pretty ugly. Why ask again?

then why bring it up? you bring up that she's not a saint and that she got what she wanted... it's pretty easy to make the leap that you think in some way shape or form, she brought this on herself. bottom line, no one wants to take a beating in order to get money. That's my opinion. If it bothers you, so be it.

It's YOUR opinion that I think she brought it upon herself, which I've said, repeatedly, is not the case. But, whatever, I'm pretty happy and secure with my moral compass.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I used to disagree with Shane on these domestic violence cases, but he's been more accurate than not when it comes to athletes and money grabs. I'm also fairly confident he's seen more DV cases than we have and heard much more from his buddies in uniform.

I'd also like to remind people that Steve McNair went to his fwb house and took a freaking nap before she shot him to death in his sleep.

I'm not defending Hardy, he's a despicable human I'm sure. But she had the option of punishing him for violating her and she took the money instead. That's not in dispute.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92