Hard core fans only: Fire Kliff or we will NOT renew season tickets!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards fans, y’all may know me as MadJack the Banner Guy (for 27 years!!). So you understand my loyalty and dedication to supporting the Cardinals, right?

I rarely post here except for soliciting your banner suggestions but dammit I’m about fed up as are my long time tailgate buddies of 30 years.

After todays debacle all of us have resolved that if Kingsbury isn’t fired by end of season WE ARE DONE AND WILL NOT RENEW OUR SEASON TICKETS!!

What say you? Had enough? We do not say this lightly I assure you.

MadJack (and I do mean Mad).
If your seats would go unsold and somehow affect the Cardinals' bottom line it might make a difference, but in reality, they'll just answer the phone and sell your seats to someone else.

Lockjaw

Reaction score
With all due respect bc I know the past couple years have been frustrating…..

y’all lived thru the John Navarre, Max Hall, Ryan Lindley, John Skelton, and Kevin Kolb years and this is the year that puts you over the top?
I have been a season ticket holder since 1988. Even though I rarely post, I read everyone's posts regularly and really appreciate all of your input. I am devastated by the season as I had high expectations, but I do not understand why now would be a tipping point for the long term Cardinals fans. We are less than a year removed from an 11 win season. Even though we had a horrible stretch at the end of the season / playoffs, last year was only the fifth time in history that the Cardinals have won 11 games in a season and only the third time since being in Arizona.

To put this in perspective a bit, the first 20 years that the Cardinals were here, our record was 113 - 207 (35% winning percentage). In 2020, 2021 and 2022, we have a record of 23-22. It's a very frustrating season, but the last 2+ seasons are nothing like the old days.

From a season ticket holder perspective, I think it's just easier for even hardcore fans to consider giving up their tickets to save some money. The games are no longer blacked out, and the television experience is great with large, affordable HDTVs.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
4 years ahead of you after being a season ticket holder for 29 years. Just couldn't stand the team. Lack of effort. Horrible coaching. Even worse drafts. I never liked or thought Murray would be any good or a leader from Day one. And other reasons. I don't even watch the NFL anymore. I hop on the board out of curiosity to see if my predictions were coming true. Unfortunately, they are. I honestly would like to see the dedicated season ticket holders and fans celebrating and heading to the playoffs. Even if it meant I had to eat a huge plate of Crow.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have been a season ticket holder since 1988. Even though I rarely post, I read everyone's posts regularly and really appreciate all of your input. I am devastated by the season as I had high expectations, but I do not understand why now would be a tipping point for the long term Cardinals fans. We are less than a year removed from an 11 win season. Even though we had a horrible stretch at the end of the season / playoffs, last year was only the fifth time in history that the Cardinals have won 11 games in a season and only the third time since being in Arizona.

To put this in perspective a bit, the first 20 years that the Cardinals were here, our record was 113 - 207 (35% winning percentage). In 2020, 2021 and 2022, we have a record of 23-22. It's a very frustrating season, but the last 2+ seasons are nothing like the old days.

From a season ticket holder perspective, I think it's just easier for even hardcore fans to consider giving up their tickets to save some money. The games are no longer blacked out, and the television experience is great with large, affordable HDTVs.
I think it’s somewhat because the 11-6 season seems like a total mirage at this point. Since going 7-2 the team has pretty much sucked. So any grace that start bought you now just feels like fools gold and there’s just a mountain of dysfunction all over the landscape. As bad as this team has been historically I can’t recall a time when it seems everything is not only bad, but a total soap opera on top of it. Just bad juju all the way around the franchise at present.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
very, very true

5,000 season ticket holders calling it quits is ~$5mm in pure profit going away

5,000 club seat holders going away? $15mm or so in profit going away

the team pays attention to this stuff
If I understand correctly the Club Seat holders would hit the team the hardest. The Cardinals and all other teams keep 100 percent of Club Seat profits.

Borderrat

Veteran
Reaction score
I think it’s somewhat because the 11-6 season seems like a total mirage at this point. Since going 7-2 the team has pretty much sucked. So any grace that start bought you now just feels like fools gold and there’s just a mountain of dysfunction all over the landscape. As bad as this team has been historically I can’t recall a time when it seems everything is not only bad, but a total soap opera on top of it. Just bad juju all the way around the franchise at present.
You nailed the exact impression I get from just from reading the posts of the forum. Almost sad. Even when they sucked, they always had that chance of pulling an upset or being competitive and the games were fun. Tailgating, hanging with the fans. Game ending field goal to clinch a playoff berth. Boomer throwing for 500 plus yards. You never knew. Now it seems the outcome is predictable.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was just as disgusted at the end of Rod Graves tenure. I went on a rant about him one day. Skkorp did not take kindly to profanity and had great respect for Rod so he permabanned me over it. I waited a few months and signed up with the screenname I have now. I laid low and lurked for about a year after that. Could I go on a rant about Kiem that would likely get me banned again? Prolly.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I used to drive to go to several games a year and remember getting a call from the ticket office for a package and I said: “Don’t call me until you fire Ken Whisenhunt.” If they here it from enough people, it will get through.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If I understand correctly the Club Seat holders would hit the team the hardest. The Cardinals and all other teams keep 100 percent of Club Seat profits.
yes on the club

although the figure for the season tix holders is adjusted for the split between the team and the rest of the league

the club seat figure is likely understated as the price of drinks, etc up there is high and they sell lots of them

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's see what happens after this team gets beatdown on MNF again. Pats got Bills this week so they might be coming in on 2 game losing streak and playing for season.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow you know it's going down when Jack is ready to split. We as fans can deal with tons. 115 degrees on metal bleacher seats...other teams fans laughing at you and chanting go pack go cause 40 000 is Packer fans and your 15 000 can't stop it. Standing tall in the tunnel getting ready to rumble with Cowboy fans....going for it on 4th down on your own 35 in shotgun with the lead? Totally unacceptable and against the code.
Done with you Kliff

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Been a season ticket holder since 08, and very much undecided on next year. The product on the field certainly has a lot to do with it, but expanding from 2 seats to 5 seats over the years as my family has expanded, spending like $80 game on crappy food to appease the kids, plus weekends being progressively taken over by soccer (my older boy is 7 and playing competitively and 2 year old boy already picking things up), it’s just not as big a priority for me as it used to be. I told my wife I’d rather watch soccer and the game on TV than go, we aren’t going to the late game on a week night, and the only reason I want to go to the finale is because I’ve never seen Brady play live.

I’m sure things would feel different if the team was playing better, but every year the reasons against renewing grow and the reasons to renew remain static.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Absolutely great post my brotha.
PhillyCard! Always a pleasure to hear from you—really appreciate the kind thoughts. One of the few times I’ve deliberately avoided being snarky or aiming for a laugh because reading of MadJack’s frustration was too sobering. He’s represented so many of us for so long with his always excellent banners, so it hit hard when he posted. I know the NFL is a billion-dollar enterprise, etc., but alienating diehard fans like him is reprehensible.

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i will add this:

when i had club seats, i felt like the team listened to me -- not on football matters (duh) -- but on the game day experience, etc.

IF a large contingent of Club and Suite holders wrote to Mike B telling them their business is as risk unless sufficient changes to the FO are made --- I am certain that would make a difference.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Why not everyone go one step further and box up all your old Cardinal memorabilia and send it back to the main office. That will send a message. Or better join a class action suit against them. I got a lawyer friend who would be just right for the job, being a long time season ticket holder and nearing death himself.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe I was just seeing things, but I swore I saw a meme that said this season Texas Tech finished in the top half of the Big 12 for the first time since 2009. I’ve been trying to find it, but can’t. Kliff coached them from 2013-18. So if that’s true, not only did he not have a winning college record, but during his time there, didn’t even finish in the top half of a 12 team conference. In the words of the ESPN MNF pregame crew, “Come on, man!”

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really do get the desire to fire Kliff. I don't see why this thread shouldn't have Keim in the title though either instead of, or alongside Kliff.

It is really easy for me say this after moving away from the PHX market and no longer having season tickets. But I did shell out a small fortune to see a pair of terrible teams at Denver. I also could have bought a used car with the money I spent to see the team in London.

This team unfortunately likely has me hooked for life.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Maybe if we email them, they'll print them and leave them on Kliff's desk :cool: